Deleted

Non-Orc Kor'kron

To cut straight to the point, I want to know if Horde soldiers that aren't orcs can take part in the Kor'kron in Mists?

Now, we know that there were elves, tauren and trolls among their ranks circa TBC-Wrath, but how many of them would have stood by (assuming the Kor'kron are a life-time commitment) and how many would have left/been kicked out during Garrosh's reign. From the Alliance scenario in 5.1 we can see an elf and a tauren Kor'kron commander as well, but I'm not sure if that's just a mistake on Blizz's part or a confirmation that there are some fanatical/loyal enough to their oaths to stick with Hellscream.

This has nothing to do with Orcs vs. other Horde races: Garrosh have only a hatred against the Trolls because of Vol'jin, because they cannot stand what garrosh has done: He simply want War, and for this Time his enemy is the Alliance. Even if it means that he have to sacrify his own people or to use mass destruction weapons.

But this have not to do with Orcs; there are also blood elf fanatics, tauren fanatics and many more. Garrosh even joined with the Twilight Hammer, so it is not only orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh's voice over suggests that he considered himself to be forming a true orcish Horde, so probably not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Garrosh's voice over suggests that he considered himself to be forming a true orcish Horde, so probably not.
    So I'd assume those NPCs are just left-overs and the Kor'kron under Malkorok recruit only orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Obscene View Post
    So I'd assume those NPCs are just left-overs and the Kor'kron under Malkorok recruit only orcs?
    Most likely. Either that or they aren't Kor'kron, but are misidentified as such by the Alliance. Really all the Kor'kron were originally are bodyguards of the Warchief - they never had great numbers until Garrosh expanded them into his own personal army.

Heck, there are a rather large number of Mag'har among their ranks currently. Considering their low population this seems a bit unlikely - I suspect they get picked for the Kor'kron simply because of their clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This has nothing to do with Orcs vs. other Horde races: Garrosh have only a hatred against the Trolls because of Vol'jin, because they cannot stand what garrosh has done: He simply want War, and for this Time his enemy is the Alliance. Even if it means that he have to sacrify his own people or to use mass destruction weapons.

But this have not to do with Orcs; there are also blood elf fanatics, tauren fanatics and many more. Garrosh even joined with the Twilight Hammer, so it is not only orcs.
    the kor'kron are pretty against anyone who isn't an orc. if you ask the new kor'kron guards for a location on the map, they say "hurry up blood elf, your kind make me sick." so they clearly have a strong distaste for anything non-orc.

Deleted
    Alrighty. As for those left overs? D'you think they'd quietly disappear under Malkorok's iron heel or are they left there provided they're loyal.

i don't imagine any non-orc would be held in high esteem by any kor'kron or Garrosh loyalists, but at the same time i don't think anyone loyal to their oath would be kicked out or punished.

slime

Deleted
    i don't imagine any non-orc would be held in high esteem by any kor'kron or Garrosh loyalists, but at the same time i don't think anyone loyal to their oath would be kicked out or punished.
    Sounds about right. Thanks for the answers everyone.

Deleted
    Kor'Krons are Garrosh's penis guard and they can't be anything else than orcs.

Deleted
    Yes, but Thrall was less picky about who warded his dick. We are trying to establish what happened to those unlucky individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leftovers are probably treated like the bottom of the totem pole but won't go anywhere aside from being the first tossed at the enemy to most likely die in overwhelming odds.

Most likely they were either kicked out, or left when Garrosh turned the Kor-Kron into his private orc-supremacist army.

Deleted
    The Forsaken, Tauren and Blood Elf are clearly labeled as Kor'kron Commanders. The Forsaken thing is the most baffling. Add the dots, since I can't post links yet ;(.

wwwwowdb.com/npcs/67551-dark-cleric-laresa
    wwwwowhead.com/npc=67692/thaumaturge-saresse
    wwwwowdb.com/npcs/67548-sunwalker-chagon

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscene View Post
    The Forsaken, Tauren and Blood Elf are clearly labeled as Kor'kron Commanders. The Forsaken thing is the most baffling. Add the dots, since I can't post links yet ;(.

wwwwowdb.com/npcs/67551-dark-cleric-laresa
    wwwwowhead.com/npc=67692/thaumaturge-saresse
    wwwwowdb.com/npcs/67548-sunwalker-chagon
    As an above poster said, those are probably one of the last few remaining Kor'kron commanders that were not Orc, however look at where they are. Thrown into the front lines to be slaughtered by verily anything Alliance in Lion's Landing. (assuming the locations on those links are accurate and that's where they are, I only play Horde and never really went rare hunting at that time). Still, throwing your "Elite Guard" to the front lines only means you have so much of it, it's become your personal army, you view those individuals as expendable or you wish to trim the fat from your personal guard.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

The Kor'kron are the Elite warriors of the Horde. They are the Horde counterparts to Wrynn's 7th Legion. During Thrall's reign race took no part in who could become a Kor'Kron. Task in TBC in fighting Illidan, then the Lich King in wrath. They swear allegiance to the warchief. Now that Garrosh is warchief the Kor'Kron have become his personal body guards rather then a force for the Horde. Garrosh only prefers the orc race, any other races that remain in allegiance to him will be used as pawns in battle rather then discharged.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Oh boy, reminds me of a Sunwalker/tauren I met that was RPing as a high commander of a band of Kor'kron. Sure as a grunt maybe a tauren could stay in but I very much doubt Gary would grant non-orcs positions of power.

Korkron is a specified orc creed/foundation..
    There are certain Non-orcs amongst the horde who idealise Garrosh and support his war banner, but I dount they are considered Korkron..