10+ Year Old Account

Deciding on a heatsink

Hello all. I will be using the i5-4670k and I do plan on OC'ing it to around 4.2GHz, or possibly higher. I am having trouble deciding on a heatsink. I was recommended the Silverstone AR03. After research I found something saying "The Argon AR03 is meant to be used on Intel sockets LGA2011 and LGA1366, as those CPUs have a large IHS. This allows for optimal contact with the heatpipes. CPUs that feature a smaller IHS, such as Intel's LGA1155 CPUs, will end up having two heatpipes that do not make full contact with the CPU, which results in lower performance." I am just looking for recommendations on heatsinks, or someone who uses the AR03 with the Haswell chip. The performance recordings for the AR03 are great and I just want to know if it will work. thank you
    Last edited by Roblivion; 2013-06-22 at 12:50 PM.
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Deleted
    Yes it will work perfectly fine:

Review

I did post the video to start at 1:02 but it's not, either way specs confirmed at 1:02

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    i don't think they were asking if it would fit or not, i think they were asking about how well it would perform

i cannot comment on how that will affect performance, but i think it is the main question in this thread.
    The performance recordings for the AR03 are great and I just want to know if it will work. thank you
    Both answered in my first post.