Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    - Daily quest grinding
    - Replacing 5 mans with LFR

In short catch ups are just too slow and useless which made me quit.

Plus I hate pandas. I think other races in pandaria are decent but pandas are repulsive two-faced assholes who tell others what to do and not to do when they do every atrocious greedy shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Community is one of the biggest issues I have with the game currently. I took a month off and played Rift since it went F2P and have to admit that I have had so much fun. I don't have to close trade chat, people are helpful and *gasp* answer noob questions instead of mocking them. I'm still subscribed, and I log in every so often. But I don't feel the same as I use to about the game after playing something else with a friendlier community. It just makes me sad. I love WoW but until the player base stops acting like a bunch of immature entitled brats, I don't really care to do much more than much about with the friends I already have. When FFXIV comes out I think I will unsub and play that for awhile.

I quit playing wow the week patch 5.3 came out, because it rendered me and my regular honor gear useless, I don't do arena or RBG's so only had a few peices of Tyranical. I liked doing regular random bg's, I excepted the fact that I would go up against people in full Tyranical and was ok with getting face rolled if it happened. Those people in full Tyranical farmed their gear for PVP and desevered to be better geared then me, people coming in with raiding gear who didn't put the time into pvp and shouldn't be automactically better geared then me. So I quit seeing it as the only way to let BLizz know I disagree with then doing that, and I browse these forums from time to time because I'm curious if Blizz is going to make any good changes to the game, which might bring me back because I did enjoy the game, but since all pve aspects I find exetremely boring and my PVP game play getting ruined I quit. I will never raid in order to PVP that is just wrong, and Blizz is stupid for that to even become an option for people in order to compete.

10 and 25s being made equal friends. The high pop realms today are the ones where 25 man raiding is still thriving. What kept people playing wow for so long was mainly the social aspect of the game and everyone knows 10man raiding guilds are totally shit outside of raiding times.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I was driven away from WoW over the fact that I came to the realization that its a game for suckers and a total time waste. You gear up. Patch comes out. Replaced. Waste more time regearing. New patch. Gear replaced. Now watch as some brainless idiots comes to say " Brah that's how all MMO's Work, If that's the case they are all they all a waste of time"

all that I can say to that isreally? Cause my gears on quite a few MMO's have been the same for years. BiS is BiS. I don't class it as " I am done" If anything knowing I am top geared makes me always com back and play for stuff. Same can be said for Diablo 3. Been top geared for 9 month. Still fun to play. I still get on and play all the time. Yeah 1 day my gear will get replaced. That's fine i'd rather have my gear for 1 year/2 years+ rather than have to replace every 3 month.
    That's pretty much life dude... You get work to get money, get married, work to get more money, buy a house and be in debt for the rest of your life and work until you die. If you only played wow for gear you did it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Not that I agree with them, but the Chinese expansion is a failure to impress. If I wanted an Asian MMO I would play Guildwars2
    Not sure what you're comparing to. All questing in Vanilla and TBC were shit, just a huge grind(playing a warrior I basically played heroic hardmode). Howling Fjord was the only, imo, enjoyable zone in Northrend but it was all bear ass collecting. Haven't leveled 1-60 cata so can't talk about that. Vashj'ir was the only interesting zone, imo, in Cataclysm. Every zone, except Krasarang Wilds, was great in Pandaria.

Well they made it great with 5.1.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-07-21 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Not enough time to raid seriously anymore, and everything else WoW does GW2 does better.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cash shop made me unsub

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    10 and 25s being made equal friends. The high pop realms today are the ones where 25 man raiding is still thriving. What kept people playing wow for so long was mainly the social aspect of the game and everyone knows 10man raiding guilds are totally shit outside of raiding times.
    Give this man/woman a cookie.

When you come to think of it wow had over 12 million subs in WOLTK, as soon as they announced 10s and 25s being equal it has just gone downhill from there, no matter what changes they bring out it hasn't helped. The truth is larger communities kept people more active and social.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, dafuq? The lore and music in Pandaria is fucking boss, give valid reasons.
    That is the reason! It is valid.

Last expansion, pvp balance sucked, I rolled some new toons, still played a bit; this expansion pvp balance sucks, and I just stopped playing, why? Because every time I log in I get that joke of a new "city" with that joke of a new race, yawn and log off.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Dead server. My server is as dead as can be and it's really not that fun to play on one. I have zero faith in Blizzard's solution as they have shown they put making money off of server transfers ahead of player experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dualsaw View Post
    I quit playing wow the week patch 5.3 came out, because it rendered me and my regular honor gear useless, I don't do arena or RBG's so only had a few peices of Tyranical. I liked doing regular random bg's, I excepted the fact that I would go up against people in full Tyranical and was ok with getting face rolled if it happened. Those people in full Tyranical farmed their gear for PVP and desevered to be better geared then me, people coming in with raiding gear who didn't put the time into pvp and shouldn't be automactically better geared then me. So I quit seeing it as the only way to let BLizz know I disagree with then doing that, and I browse these forums from time to time because I'm curious if Blizz is going to make any good changes to the game, which might bring me back because I did enjoy the game, but since all pve aspects I find exetremely boring and my PVP game play getting ruined I quit. I will never raid in order to PVP that is just wrong, and Blizz is stupid for that to even become an option for people in order to compete.
    Totally agree, for World PvP. But if you think PvE gear is superior for random BGs you're just making excuses...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

At first it was the 10/25 lockout changes in Cata, came back in Mop, despise LFR with every bone in my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Been saying this for ages now, glad more people are starting to realize the negative impact this change had on realm and factions that were once thriving with these big communities. I remember when blizzard announced that change 3 months before cata. 3 25 man raiding guilds downsized on my faction purely for progress reasons and for every guild that downsized it left raiders of those guilds and there social friends without a spot in those guilds.

For me, a free game called League of Legends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I first quit because I had a fight over a mount and was like, "Why are mounts so important to me that I'm fighting with my friends? Maybe I need to reassess WoW's importance in my life." I was ready to come back for 5.4, though.

Then they released those 15 dollar helmets and it sealed the deal. Sub or cash shop, not both.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I first quit because I had a fight over a mount and was like, "Why are mounts so important to me that I'm fighting with my friends? Maybe I need to reassess WoW's importance in my life." I was ready to come back for 5.4, though.

Then they released those 15 dollar helmets and it sealed the deal. Sub or cash shop, not both.
    If blizzard never merged with activision no cash shop would be needed as they were private company and not publicly listed. With the drop in subs more revenue needs to come in to keep the shareholders happy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    The cash shop made me unsub
    Um the cash shop has been around for years....... with cosmetic mounts and pets and now you leave because of cosmetic helms......that just sounds dumb. At least pets can help you win pet battle in game and the mounts count towards your 200 mount achieve, the helms do absolutely nothing, if you were gonna quit over this you should have quit years ago when they started selling the mounts and pets. Seriously it still boggles my mind how stupid people are getting over these helms, it is in no way different than anything they have sold before, they affect gameplay even less than ANYTHING else in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    Um the cash shop has been around for years....... with cosmetic mounts and pets and now you leave because of cosmetic helms......that just sounds dumb. At least pets can help you win pet battle in game and the mounts count towards your 200 mount achieve, the helms do absolutely nothing, if you were gonna quit over this you should have quit years ago when they started selling the mounts and pets. Seriously it still boggles my mind how stupid people are getting over these helms, it is in no way different than anything they have sold before, they affect gameplay even less than ANYTHING else in the store.
    Maybe hes doing it on principle or immersion, having a real money cash shop ingame might seem in bad taste for a game like wow. Yes there's always been a cash shop, but now it's gonna be in your face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

Not sure what you're comparing to. All questing in Vanilla and TBC were shit, just a huge grind(playing a warrior I basically played heroic hardmode). Howling Fjord was the only, imo, enjoyable zone in Northrend but it was all bear ass collecting. Haven't leveled 1-60 cata so can't talk about that. Vashj'ir was the only interesting zone, imo, in Cataclysm. Every zone, except Krasarang Wilds, was great in Pandaria.

Well they made it great with 5.1.
    The quality of gameplay and the quality of leveling was there, however I leveled a Monk from 0-90 in 2 weeks, while raiding my Warlock.

Basically Cataclysm content from 0-60 is like this, Awesome attention to detail, awesome story content. can blow through it in 2-3 days, missing most of it.

TBC is the same, Wrath is the same, Cat well we all know that, Pandaria is a great Chinese MMO, sadly not a fan of straight up Asian themed MMOs, I don't like the visual styling, the music. I'm not upset about Pandarians since that effects only the people who play them, but the who Chinese look and feel of the game gets under my skin after a while.

I like my MMOs Western fantasy.

Deleted
    Nerve damage in my left hand caused by pressing too many keybinds (gotta make sacrifices for wol ranks right :P ), for the next year or so its only mouse games and a bit of ps3, and its doubtful I'll ever risk playing an mmo as much as I did again.

Somewhat glad I quit cause now my hand will likely recover with physical therapy and if I had played on it would have been irreversible damage.