Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    Deleted

What drove you away from WoW?

This is a thread for those people who quit WoW but still browse mmo-champ and check for news about it, such as myself.

For me personally, it was entire Cataclysm expansion, so much old content removed to make place for new one. And you just don't do that in an MMO, you can add all the new stuff you want, but not at the expense of old stuff.
    Old Azeroth gone, something I can never forgive, Zul'gurub gone, epic old raid tranformed into a joke of a dungeon. It all just hit me in the wrong spot, but maybe that's just me.

What's was it for you?
    Last edited by mmoc98b28eb1ac; 2013-06-22 at 04:08 PM.

The splitting up of my guild. Couldn't be bothered to find another raiding guild. Came back halfway in MoP nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    The blizz shop. I realize it's for vanity items, but some of the vanity items are just miles ahead of what is available in the game. We've had to pay for the game, all the expansions, a subscription fee per month and theres STILL items in the game you can't have without throwing more money at blizzard. That just shouldn't happen. You pick one mode of making money and that should be it. Maybe even two. Not all three.

10+ Year Old Account
    low dead realm+ the end of split id save for 10-25man raid. when 10-25man id separated ended i notice big jump on 10 man guild making many ppl leaving to higher pop realm killing those realm that were already med/low status.then more ppl got upset cause there realm was becoming dead that made them quit the game cause u can find any pugs. ..just a mess. the whole 25/10 man share id really put a nail in the coffin for many realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the fact it was so old. Had played for almost 6 years, almost 6 years of the same game can get old really fast.
    Call me House.

To ask why we are driven away from WoW, is to ask why leaves fall. It's because it is in our nature.

Perhaps there is a better question.

What the hell drives us back?

Deleted
    all the crap at end of Cata (inc LFR) separate raid locks, talent system that's just boring and shit etc etc...., then guild I was in going all emo and epeen after our rag hc prenerf kill for our realm 2nd and turning into a bunch of egotistical pricks causing drama, some left server, so I left and couldn't find another late night guild on my server and cba to change realm.. that guild has now broke up completely

and then MoP came with all its Asian shit, I hate Asian shit but MoP in general is just shit... SHIIITTTT !!!

ill be back next xpac tho to check it out....

Deleted
    The guild that I'd been in since early TBC broke up because the majority of the people quit halfway through 4.3 and never came back, haven't been able to really get back into the game since, bought MoP at launch though, quit just before 5.2 came out.

I do however like to keep track of the game in case something makes me want to come back. I must admit 5.4 is shaping up to look like a pretty awesome patch so I may resub for that. Maybe the virtual realms and flex raid will help, we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The blizz shop. I realize it's for vanity items, but some of the vanity items are just miles ahead of what is available in the game. We've had to pay for the game, all the expansions, a subscription fee per month and theres STILL items in the game you can't have without throwing more money at blizzard. That just shouldn't happen. You pick one mode of making money and that should be it. Maybe even two. Not all three.
    Yeah? You enjoyed everything else about the game, was raiding it up, had a few alts, enjoyed farming items and gold, had good times with your guild and friends, the whole nine yards, and then they introduced a shop for vanity items, and that just made you quit the game right there? Even though it had basically existed since vanilla with the wow TCG?

This has to be ironic, my mind can't deal with someone existing who can say something like this genuinely.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

This is exactly what I have in of of my thread which reveals that Blizzard nowadays pay much more attention to prolong the life of WOW at the expense of destroying its fun.
    To be complete honest Blizzard is becoming more benefit-oriented than any epoch of history and this alone can inflict a great damage in the very core of WOW which fundamentally removes classic designs and replaces them with tedious settings.
    Last edited by billielecter; 2013-06-22 at 03:23 PM.

Ah first I guild-hopped a couple times, so I ended up pretty anonymous without any strong connections to the guild, which made it easier to quit. But the reason I stopped was real-life responsibilities. I was one of the First Tier Cataclysm burn-out veteran quitters. I don't know if the difficulty of that Tier was easier would make me play for longer, but I doubt it.

Pandas. Still find them disgusting. Will consider returning if the next expansion is Burning Crusade related.

Nothing fresh. Blizzard became content with the type of content they were putting out there, dailies etc. The constant simplification of everything doesn't keep someone like me around, it only works to drive me away faster.

As much as people rail against the old school way the game was played, I'm one that happened to prefer it. Yea it sucked sitting in a city spamming for people to join your BRD run that you are tryign to do to help a friend. But also remember, after actually having to find your own group and go in to a dungeon with them, you didn't have people calling it quits just because they died once, or because something was too hard. People stuck that shit out.

Speaking of BRD , I hate the way dungeons were being made. "Here's a hallway, with 2 more hallways attached, with a boss at the end of each" wow....how fun.....

I"m sorry but BRD is the best dungeon the wow team has ever created. It was the only dungeon you could actually get lost in and just wander around killing a shitload of mini bosses. Sure they dropped shit loot but who cares (thats an easy problem to fix). Dungeons you got in wow now are so braindead that the first thing I do when i walk into them is yawn.

To me, the dev's have the complete wrong philosophy about game design (blizzard as a whole now a days). This idea of "accessibility" is fine, but blizzard has devolved into "accessibility at the cost of anything". They are working to make the game so damn easy they forgot they gotta have some depth in there to keep anyone really interested. (besides the loyalist who will play no matter what).

The atmosphere has changed so drastically that the WoW today doesn't resemble anything close to the wow of "yesterday" so to speak, and it's a damn shame that blizz's quest for mass appeal has lead them so far away from actual good game design. These thoughts carry over equally to the "new diablo".
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-06-22 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestpike View Post
    Ah first I guild-hopped a couple times, so I ended up pretty anonymous without any strong connections to the guild, which made it easier to quit. But the reason I stopped was real-life responsibilities. I was one of the First Tier Cataclysm burn-out veteran quitters. I don't know if the difficulty of that Tier was easier would make me play for longer, but I doubt it.
    I assume it's hardly the difficulty which renders WOW a unattractive game, nevertheless, I suppose contents without real epic sense has much to do with the lose of subscribers.

Deleted
    I don`t like the way it is heading.
    I want my epics to be epic and hard to obtain,
    LFD and flying mounts killed the social aspect of the game and the sense of immersion and open world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three things: CRZ, gated daily grinds, and just not being that into Pandaria or Pandaren in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing left in the world to be explored, nothing left to wonder about, nothing left to experiment with, nothing left to defeat for the first time. I was exalted with quite literally everyone, I had my Ashes of Al'ar, I was Insane in the Membrane, I had run everything there was to run, I had a dozen guild banks filled with every kind of crafting material and wierd item obtainable in the game, I was well over the gold cap, and I had completed the quest lines that made people cringe at the thought of trying them.

It sounds crazy for a game as large as WoW, but after five years of playing when ICC (and that one little single boss raid that was a Cata transition raid) was defeated, the game literally ran out of old and new content that I had not done right near the end of Wrath. With nothing left to achieve in the PVE World of Warcraft, I had no reason to play and I saw no prospect of enough content being added to occupy me. The only reason I had plenty to do beforehand was I had the old world full of life to conquer along with what was being added as new content. I played for a few more weeks once Cata was out just to do all the new old world quests and level to max level as leveling was one of the best parts of the game (that has been cut down into nothingness in both time required and difficulty sadly), but then I had no reason to continue.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Nothing, I am still here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I had completed the quest lines that made people cringe at the thought of trying them.
    What questlines are these?

When I quit back in July of 2011, it was mainly due to burnout. Firelands was a terrible raid so that didn't help.