Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Loved this game for a long time but since you asked...........

Letting people have horde and alliance chars on a pvp server.
    Flying mounts.
    The leveling process has become so trivial. Just get to max lvl and collect marks or whatever.

For me, the game was always 1-60. I'd stop at 18,28,38 and so on to pvp for a few weeks. Took me months and months to get to 60. now?

not worth it at all....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    Just the fact it was so old. Had played for almost 6 years, almost 6 years of the same game can get old really fast.
    Yeah 6 years fast.

The battleground bots and leechers did it for me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What this guy said.

1. Recycled content - raids, dungeons, boss models, mounts, etc. This always got on my nerves, considering how much money Blizzard rakes in and how easily they could hire a few more designers. I'm sure there's a lot of extremely talented people out there who would love to work on WoW.

2. Huge gaps between content - having to wait 8+ months between patches gets old. They seem to have picked up the slack in MoP, though.

3. Considerable dumbing down of content - especially 5-mans. TBC was the sweet spot for me - and it's not just nostalgia talking. They were simply more fun and required awareness and teamwork. It felt more rewarding doing a good Shadow Labs run than facerolling your way through a small dungeon really fast and then having everyone leave the group without saying a word the instant the run is over.

4. Making everything accessible to anyone. Even though I have never been at the high end of PvE, I preferred it when the top stuff was out of reach unless you were a serious player who was committed to the game - seeing the main tanks of top guilds wearing armor that no one else had, stuff like that.

5. The community is unfriendly and full of people who are rude, disrespectful and who generally make the game toxic. The default behavior of players these days is to act like a douchebag thanks to the lack of consequences afforded by the ability to queue using dungeon finder, LFR etc. Back in the day you still had this kind of behavior from time to time, but generally people were more friendly, helpful and easy to get along with because if you became the douchebag of the server, nobody would play with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I've been playing it for 7 years time to move on already nothing to do with any of the half ass reasons most of the whiners on here cite the game is old and I need somethign different for a while

There's no incentive for me to do well. Why should I put in a lot of time or effort? Do realm first guilds get anything to show for it? Do people who beat content while it's current get anything to show for it? No. Some stupid fucking feat of strength achievement means nothing. I need an exclusive title or gearset or mount that I can SHOW.

LFR is a meh feature. I'm not totally against the concept but people seeing bosses before normal raiders is really stupid. If there was an exclusive end boss or like super cool version of the heroic end boss like HRagnaros coming out and having legs, I'd be a lot happier.

Also, I kind of need a good active guild who don't just log on for raids and who don't go MIA when some other MMO comes out and then when they do log onto WoW they only talk about the other MMO.

Deleted
    I was gone the first three months of MoP and I actually thought it would last forever. Reason, well let's just RP'ers aren't the biggest fans of MoP and my guild essentially died one day before launch. Luckily people read up on it and gave it a shot, guess rekindling the tensions between Horde and Allience could make for some sweet RP

External factors drove me away initially, but now that they are gone I haven't found a good enough reason to return just yet.

I quit because Blizzard kept selling more mounts and pets on the Blizzard store. Glad I haven't re subbed just heard about the gear they're selling now. What a disgrace. It should be flat out illegal to use subscription money to make that stuff and not let players have it without paying more. When they released that golden dragon mount on the store that was enough for me to pinpoint their future plans. They'll just release more shit on the store when they need more cash, they're not even going to make new shit for the subscribers. Screw em.

In my point of view I hope they lose enough subscribers to get some of the failures in a high position fired. Like that retard Greg Street. That's the only way the game is going to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Nothing fresh. Blizzard became content with the type of content they were putting out there, dailies etc. The constant simplification of everything doesn't keep someone like me around, it only works to drive me away faster.

As much as people rail against the old school way the game was played, I'm one that happened to prefer it. Yea it sucked sitting in a city spamming for people to join your BRD run that you are tryign to do to help a friend. But also remember, after actually having to find your own group and go in to a dungeon with them, you didn't have people calling it quits just because they died once, or because something was too hard. People stuck that shit out.

Speaking of BRD , I hate the way dungeons were being made. "Here's a hallway, with 2 more hallways attached, with a boss at the end of each" wow....how fun.....

I"m sorry but BRD is the best dungeon the wow team has ever created. It was the only dungeon you could actually get lost in and just wander around killing a shitload of mini bosses. Sure they dropped shit loot but who cares (thats an easy problem to fix). Dungeons you got in wow now are so braindead that the first thing I do when i walk into them is yawn.

To me, the dev's have the complete wrong philosophy about game design (blizzard as a whole now a days). This idea of "accessibility" is fine, but blizzard has devolved into "accessibility at the cost of anything". They are working to make the game so damn easy they forgot they gotta have some depth in there to keep anyone really interested. (besides the loyalist who will play no matter what).

The atmosphere has changed so drastically that the WoW today doesn't resemble anything close to the wow of "yesterday" so to speak, and it's a damn shame that blizz's quest for mass appeal has lead them so far away from actual good game design. These thoughts carry over equally to the "new diablo".
    Why was this dude's comment Banned? This guy hit the nail right on the head. This is probably one of the best thought out comments I ever read on the subject. The game is just flat out bad, compared to what it was for all the reasons he mentioned and more.

Deleted
    The sub is too much for the amount of content and entertainment I got. Also, I don't have time to play as much as I used to.

Deleted
    I don't get why people cant quit wow for a while just to teach blizzard a lesson...is it that hard?
    The lesson that is not the casual players that matters but the community of old players that's shapes the game. We are the ones that bring lives to the social experience. The game lost interaction and challenge not for the greater good, but to make the game more appealing to the "casual player" and to blizzards pockets.
    Bring the world roaming and not LFG queues in main cities. Bring the old rivalry between Horde x Alliance random encounters in open world. I never see the opposing faction in the game almost, apart from battlegrounds. I barely know there actually is a faction that I am supposed to fear while i'm questing or walking around. There is no more interaction in the world. It is now a dead instanced/queue/LFG programed world without the old thrills of Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

I left WoW after Cataclysm and still cant go back...and believe me I want to. But the things I end up missing the most are not there anymore. And that makes me sad.
    I just remember it was thrilling doing content only a group of people could do and actually knowing and feeling the reward of rare flashy items to show off. Now even Arena sets are accessible to everyone, its just a matter of time to get them. You don't even depend on your rating and skill....nah, just a matter of time before another casual gets the flashy items only a group of people with certain skill level was supposed to get. You see....that's just not rewarding enough...if everyone can get everything and its just a matter of time...there is no thrill in it.

peace out and lets hope for better decisions on blizzard part...until then not playing :C

A girl. Social life. Lack of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR, overgeared pvp primades 24/7 and "bring 2 healers and top heroic weapon, not the class"

Deleted
    Boredom.

I had played since release day 1 (as much as you could play those first few days on alakir) by the end I had 19 lvl 90's stretched across 5 servers. Raided hardcore from vanilla right through till tier 13 with several raiding guilds. Last guild I was in collapsed and I just couldn't bare starting over yet again in a new guild. Tried doing the casual thing but having played through the content so many times I found myself logging in and standing in the middle of town playing with my transformation items till I got bored and went to play something else. After a full week without playing I unsubbed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by portillos View Post
    Why was this dude's comment Banned? This guy hit the nail right on the head. This is probably one of the best thought out comments I ever read on the subject. The game is just flat out bad, compared to what it was for all the reasons he mentioned and more.
    I agree with him too. Remember UBRS? to even get into the dungeon you had to have someone with the ring to open the door. Took me ages to complete that quest (with quite a bit of guild assistance) but I never had to worry about getting into an ubrs run ever again ^_^

The onyxia prequests!!! Your not a true wow vet unless you had to go through all that crap just to enter the instance

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrific pvp balance and Pandas.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

All those damn dailies.

I un-subbed to focus on Starcraft mostly, WoW doesn't entertain me as much as it used to mostly because I cut off ties to a lot of my friends who played and the Asian theme of MoP just didn't really do it for me (Lived in Japan as a kid). Hoping for a cool next xpac though, part of the reason I'm going to Blizzcon.

Edit: Its more my fault than Blizzard's but whatever
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2013-07-28 at 02:38 AM.

unbalanced pvp
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

For me there were a number of reasons which I will go into here.

First, there was CRZ. I was in the beta test. I submitted feedback on the problems that it was causing. So did a lot of people. It was causing the passenger mounts to dismount passengers. It was dismissing druids fun ability to make critters follow them. It was causing a mini lockup. And when the lockup cleared, the character would bust out in a flash of light. I knew also it would open the door for griefing and even destroy roleplay servers as areas that have always been RP hot spots on your server could also be hot spots on another server leaving neither side happy.

It went live as is regardless of the bugs, and showing up, the bugs and performance issues persisted. Again, took to the forums as did a whole lot of other people. RP servers goldshire suddenly became moon guard's cestpool. And we were hoping for someone at Blizzard to address the issues. And we finally did get a response from Ghostcrawler. His response: Anyone complaining about CRZ just wants a single player game and should go play skyrim. An open handed slap across the face for everyone. RP ended up being moved to Pandaria, as it was CRZ free. But even I knew that would not last forever. So strike one.

Next, the state the game has become. I been playing since the vanilla launch. Not a single break during vanilla. Loved the game, and it took a good while to level. BC I beta tested, wasn't too happy with the draenei lore, but dealt with it. But the dailies got so repetitive that finally just before sunwell released I got burnt out and took a break. I come back during Wrath of the Lich King, my alliance server I had been playing on is now anti-rper central. So I rolled on moon guard unknown of what was going on there. And I also found they nerfed the amount of time it takes to level. But I ended up transfering after a while, my alliance to another server when I was sick of the ERP on moon guard on horde side. Basically, I was watching the game turn into something I did not like.

Anyways I was there when Cataclysm launched, and even gave feedback on the female worgen. But then even with trying to take my time leveling and doing every single quest and every single zone, I eventually concluded that Blizzard lost their creative imagination. Zones were now memes and easter eggs. WoW lost it's own story and became Rambo, CSI, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc. Pandaria promised to revitalize the game. And while the stories improved, there was still a matter of the game being just too easy. And too fast. I leveled from 85 to 90 in 3 days. And when I got to 90, all there was was dailies. Endless dailies and even more easter eggs even in pandaria. Harvest Moon became a daily. Pokemon. So when I got tired of the dailies I tried to take my time and level my monk. She made it to 90 in a week. I got a number of characters leveled to 85 before finally I was just burnt out. So strike two

Next, we got gameplay. As mentioned, when you got nothing but dailies as far as the eye can see, and every patch was adding yet more freaking dailies and even locking main bits of story behind gasp, more dailies, I had had enough. So there's strike three.

And finally after the three strikes, the guild leader called a meeting. He was ready to call it quits. Basically said the story was now dead, and he didn't feel right giving the guild to another but would think about it. I figured the guild was good as gone. At that point, only the guild was anchoring me to the game. So I said adiós and left to find a different game. Tried TOR, fun game but then it just got boring with no RP. Tried EQ2, it was alright, but the lore was boring and the graphics made me heave figuratively. So I went with The Sims 3, till I found Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Got into it's phase 3 beta that lasted 5 days. Played it like I did WoW, only got to level 14. Loved the classes, loved the story, loved everything about the game.

So there you have it. I was disgusted at Blizzard, disgusted at what the game had become, what the community had become, and I could no longer justify giving a company that has turned themselves into a mirror image of SWG's developers, my money. I'd rather give my money to a company that actually cares about its customers and has open dialogue with them.

Deleted
    Oh, I loved wow, I really did, as a true fan =)
    However, Cata killed it for me. And I did give that xpac a serious chance: I did pvp, it got completely neglected... we all know the story, I tried archeology... oh yes, I did, but that's not a profession for any sane people to do, no sane people that want to keep their sanity at least. And I did farming, got that potion and killed mobs for cloth and stuff... got rich but there was nothing to buy for gold in game. Did raiding, but no energy dealing with boosted scrub after boosted scrub.

I have been on mmo-champion for quite some time, and as a wow player I followed the blues. During Cata the blues were not many at all, weeks after weeks with no nothing. Started reading about other games in the forums, found that there actually exist viable options. GW2 caught my eye... but wasnt to be launched soon, but then there was Rift.... and then star wars.

In nov 2011 I left wow, have played Rift, Star wars, GW2, Planetside 2, neverwinter... and yea, I have had fun in other games.

No, while I did buy blizzcon stream ticket, the launch trailer of MoP presented just made me laugh. I followed info about the xpac and didnt find anything exciting to bring me back. Was I just a hater that would return to the game and play anyway? No, since nov 2011 I havent returned, and reading about current state of MoP xpac... do I regret it? Do I feel like Im missing out? No, not at all.

The days when there was no leaving wow, just taking breaks, are long gone. There are many other games out there, lots of fun things to do. I just cant see any updates in wow competing with that. At least not for my gametime.