Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No game can keep me interested for THAT long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

When Blizzard decided 10m raids deserved the same loot 25m raiders got.

Didn't quit due to envy but more so because that decision killed 80% of the 25m guilds on my server and my personal opinion is that 10m raiding doesn't get my blood flowing.

I didn't want to pay $40 for an expansion to such an old game. It should have been priced at $20. By the time it was on sale, I refused to pay $15 a month for such an old game. They need to stop working on expansions and update those old nasty character models and bring the game to at least the year 2010 technology wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Theres alot of things that drove me from wow but i think they all stem back to blizzard is stuck in their ways. They make expansions exactly the same way everytime with hardly any kind of interesting gameplay innovation. The last innovation they came up with was looking for dungeon. Since then its just been rehash of the same crap over and over. Same amount of tiers, same gameplay, same everything year in and year out.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

While I haven't completely stopped playing, I do feel like the game has stagnated quite a bit. Cata and MoP didn't really introduce much that made me really excited to log in. The introduction of LFR helped some, as I'd logged in a little more often to run it really quick, just to get an edge in progression. Now a days I really just log in for LFR and guild raids. The next xpac will hopefully offer more in terms of gameplay, a few hours of raiding a week really isn't worth the fee anymore. Maybe I'm getting bored, I don't know, but outside of raiding, nothing really holds my attention. Brawlers Guild, Challenge Modes and the upcoming Proving Grounds are all steps in the right direction, but a true single player path for progression would be awesome, something that can reward unique rewards for people who invest the time and have the skill to achieve a certain level.

Overall...RL priorities.

The game came out when I was in college, and I continued playing it all through college, and even after I got married because my wife was in college still. I would play while she was doing her studies. Since then I now have a 3 full time jobs; school teacher, husband, and father. I feel like I do not have enough time to do those 3 things sufficiently, must less invest any time into a game that feels more like a job itself. To be fair, I'm really not playing many video games at all these days; however, even after my daughter was born I still enjoyed WoW enough at the time that I managed to make time for it here and there.

Anyways...to contribute things I feel Blizzard did to make me lose that motivation to log in and play...
    - Removal of separate lockouts for 10man and 25 man raiding; the separate lockouts allowed me to raid with my guild in 25man, and friends/family in 10man.

- Changing the talent tree system. I know very few people who were/are happy with the change, so no need to explain.

- Making dailies feel mandatory. The way this system was implemented really made WoW feel like a job. Most days of the week I would have maybe an hour to play if I wanted, and all of that hour would have to be spent doing dailies if I were to try to keep my character decently updated with gear that would make me somewhat competitive on days where I had an extra hour or two to do raiding.

- Focus on scenarios and not dungeons. I hate scenarios...plain and simple. Yes I would get tired of dungeons in WotLK and Cata, but MOP really made me appreciate them. I would must rather grind dungeons than grind scenarios or dailies. Yes MoP does have dungeons, but it is very obvious Blizzard did not mean for them to be much of anything rather than aiding in the leveling up process.

and last but not least...the nail in the coffin...made me lose all interest...

- Blizzards introduction of an in game store...I see the direction this is going...its very obvious. It made me hate Diablo 3, and it now has made me care less about WoW.

It was fun while it lasted.

For me, it was the daily quest gate for the first tier of MoP, and the removal of the heroic dungeon gearing system, replacing it with this LFR system, which I hate very much. I've also hated LFR due to it being made the primary gearing system for 5.2. Hopefully, I think flex raiding in 5.4 will fix the issues I've had. Still just wish they kept the heroic dungeons for gearing.

Deleted
    Boredom. Not much to do right now. On the other hand, there is really not much else to play so...still paying a wow sub, sigh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    a few things but in reality the top two were

1) all my friends stopped playing
    2) there are a multitude of other games out there with plenty of content that are free

Deleted
    in short: burn out

I played from US open beta until WolK non stop.

Took a break right after Naxx (too easy) and came back in the middle of the Icecrown patch.

Played until middle of Firelands into Cata, took a break. Whole guild unsubbed at this point and never came back.

Came back last Nov for 2 month of MoP, lvled a monk, tried LFR, ignored all dailies. Raiding without the old crew was not the same anymore. LFR is like a weekly dentist visit funwise. Only thing I really enjoyed where pet battles. I really hope they bring more of it in the next addon.

Nontheless I plan to sub again to see the siege of OG patch, one month only.

Blizzard's recent business practices have left me in the position of no longer wishing to support them as a company. The $15 transmog helms were the last straw for me. I continue to post here because I care about the game and it's still the best one out there, I just can't in good conscience send Blizzard my $15/month and along with it my tacit approval of the direction they are taking things with respect to their business model. I will return the moment changes are made to their payment model, but in the meantime I am spending my MMO dollars elsewhere.

Deleted
    -destruction of my fac spec: affliction
    Bringing MG, big on use CDs and SB:SS destroyed everything this spec stood up before and made it into an autopilot. At this point I just dont care about Pve and rerollers, I want old dot casting back and bring it back to dot emphasis

-no people to play.
    Got a new acc and with 1750 achi and 1900exp I can only play with inbreeds since no friends play, no matter I was 2.4k before. Spaming trade chat is a no-go on my server and I am piss poor to change realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing on and off due to being bored by the game after many years (still considered it the best MMO on the market by far.)
    By selling gameplay-affecting items for cash they made sure I'll never return. I don't think there will be an MMO with a decent payment model in the recent future, so the genre is pretty much dead to me :/

Deleted
    Beemer 3 series, picked up 2 crates of larger and 6 pizzas and then I came back and logged back in.

Where to begin...When you become serious about WOW you realize your RL has to take 2nd place. You neglect friends, family, and your job because tonight is raid night. The addiction never ends because of greed for gear, gold, mounts, or some other useless pixels.

Everything about WOW is designed you for you repeat the same tasks over and over. The only real endgame is to line the pockets of Blizzard each month. Why else put lockouts on virtually everything? Players become obsessed with that weekly chance to get some meaningless pixels to increase their gear score or dps etc.

I was 536 and 12/12 2/13H TOT when I quit. I realized the only point of playing was to make incremental advances in your gear. HM lockouts to make you even more obsessed with your gear score. One player makes an error and the raid wipes. Over. And over... Of course, the same bosses over and over each week.

Get a new addiction....heroin...anything, just stop playing this stupid game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot that can be said, as to why I'm being pushed away. I enjoy playing the game, and I love everything about it. There's issues that have occurred, and aren't being fixed properly. A lot of what they do is adjusted at the last minute. I'm only hoping that something can be done with the next patch. Otherwise, I'm hanging up my towel like everyone else.

Real life. Nothing more, nothing less. If I were single, I'd log for 6 hours a day after work, and do pretty much nothing else with my free time. Since I started playing WoW, however, I got married and have had a kid. Now it seems like there's next to no free time in my life whatsoever, much less blocks of time that in which I could tank a dungeon or run a raid without having to surprise AFK in the middle of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

Deleted
    Raid Finder drove me away. I've got nothing against the idea but due to the absurdly low difficulty level it has induced a lot of bad behaviour in the community.

Deleted
    Lack of innovation, updates becoming too predictable and LFR (let's see all the content in 6 hours!).

For me it's been the series of nonsensical changes after Cataclysm launched, not to mention the updates in the lore.

The lore in particular has become more and more contrived as the game aged. Some was filed away as loreLOL like the thing with the Blood Elves. Others, not so much (character inconsistencies, Thrall becoming orc Jesus, the mess with Theramore, Garrosh Hellscream winning the award for most wasted character development).

Then there's the fact that I was one of those paladins that had been asking through vanilla and all of TBC for a reason to shard any and all +Int plate on my person and spec Ret to hit things with a two-hander, saw WotLK grant me my wish and then get changed out of the blue to become more like something that's not really a paladin. To this day I still say combo pointsholy power and slice 'n diceinquisition did more to take away my enjoyment of the game than some of the other bone-headed decisions made for Cata.

By the time Mists came I managed to get to level cap and somehow found myself not caring about the contrived Alliance-Horde war and Garrosh's turn to villain (seriously, Horde players didn't like him and Blizzard's solution was killing him off...)