Woman gets finger bitten off over cigarette dispute.

Heres one for you, this time coming from Humbugged's own hometown (Oh, joy).

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...-over-50-cents

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) - A fight over the cost of a cigarette ended with a Muskegon woman getting her finger bitten off.

Danielle Lott, 46, had a bite mark on her back Tuesday and bandages over what's left of her left ring finger. The woman who allegedly bit her is behind bars.

"Yes, I'm mad about it," she said.

But even she admits the argument was silly and the violence senseless.

Lott said she and Senta Staffney were sitting in her driveway Monday on West Southern Avenue in Muskegon. Lott says she gave Staffney a dollar for a cigarette, but the woman claimed she still owed her 50 cents.

"Then she just got up in my face and got to yelling and screaming and she pushed me and I pushed her back," she recalled.

Then things got violent. Blows were exchanged. Lott said she kicked the other woman in the stomach and Staffney grabbed her. In the tussle, Lott said, her hand ended up around Staffney's mouth. She bit down hard, severing Lott's ring finger below the top knuckle.

"She spit it out. It was in her mouth and she spit it out you can see all the blood right there," Lott showed 24 Hour News 8. "It was in her mouth and she spit it out and I had to come back and find it."

Lott's sister broke up the fight. Lott underwent emergency surgery at Hackley Hospital, but the finger was too damaged to re-attach.

"It was like a half a finger, and they couldn't sew it back on. They couldn't save it," she said.

Police tracked Staffney, 47, down at her house, but had to get a warrant and eventually force their way in to make the arrest.

Lott said both women had been drinking.

"I don't like to fight. And this right here is a scar for life," Lott said.

Staffney was arraigned and charged with aggravated assault and resisting and obstructing police, according to the Muskegon County Prosecutor DJ Hilson. She is being held on $10,000 bond.

Hey, its the slums of the city where the poor and oft-uneducated flock to, I'm sure they've fought over worse things. Alcohol is the factor of course, but really no.., 50 cents for a cigarette is definitely worth losing a finger over.

Cigarettes and Alcohol - The Dumb and Dumber of lower-class society.

And who doesn't say cigarettes are bad for your health.

I'll never understand why people that get violent when they drink choose to drink. That doesn't seem fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'll never understand why people that get violent when they drink choose to drink. That doesn't seem fun.
    You think people with that behavior actually think about what they are doing?

A whole dollar for a single ciggy? bitch got ripped off

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang if someone gave me a dollar for a single cigarette I'd be pretty happy, not demand another 50c!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.