Deleted

R.I.P Allan Simonsen

Rest in piece my friend.

For those who dont watch Le mans.

Allan Simonsen was one of the best drivers in Le mans, who died into the race 10 min after it startet.

All my though goes to his Friends and Family.

Deleted
    Yea i was shocked too.

RIP Allan.

But its strange , here on Tv they said he was alive and doing actually pretty well, after the accident.

Specially after last years heavy accident from the Audis , you wouldnt think that he died from this crash....

Deleted
    No, last years crash was just insane. This wasnt anything speciel, but i actually dont know what he died off.

Cannot see it live.

Videos on Youtube suck, they don't show much and what they show doesn't look like a freak accident. How lame is the driver's safety if they die from a crash like this? I've seen drivers walk out of far more horrific F1 accidents, and you might want to say that those are less safe than Le Mans cars.

A shame....

Deleted
    RIP Allan. Already seen one broadcaster stopping their coverage of the race, despite his family requesting that Aston Martin Racing continue.

And a very strange crash. The blue strip he went over must have been slippery as hell, resulting in a rather unusual crash for that location (usually Tetre Rouge crashes involves overcomitting and either sideswiping the barrier or doing a 90 degree turn across the Mulsanne and hitting the barrier on the other side), which I gear was his downfall. He pretty much went in at fult tilt, hit the barrier side on (judging by the door coming off and massive damage to the rear section of bodywork) and causing fatal internal injuries.