Dendrome Open World Raid Bosses

I had the opportunity to do 2 of the 3 open world raids the other day. I can't find any guides or discussions detailing their abilities, so I'll share my observations.

Ahkane the Eternal

This is the boss that spawns in Venific Locus. I'm not sure how to summon him, but I guessing it has to do with the worn stone tablets around there.
    He has 2 phases I noticed.
    In the starting phase he will debuff, Ahkane's Curse of Unity, you(this appears as you glowing red) and place yellow circles on the ground. I'm certain what the yellow means. The debuff states Ahkane will punish those who flee. My understanding is if you have that debuff remain stationary to avoid damage. Most of the time that worked for me. Also there is a dot he places on people (screaming agony, ~3k a tick), I believe this can be cleansed or healled through. Also people will become conduit of the void. I don't know what this does. Eternal Mourning is another debuff. It is a silence and dot (~4K), cleansable. Also he will banish people in the raid. While banished you take damage. To free a person you need to kill the Ahkane Prison "something" (name was cut off).

In the other phase, he becomes ethereal and immune to damage. He starts summoning adds and channeling aoe damage. You need to kill a portal and then burn down his shield. The group I was with said not to interrupt or purge after removing the shield and just heal through the damage, so you burn him during this phase.

The 2 phases just repeat.

The Kaaz'Ra

This is the boss in the hive summoned by clicking the 4 pillars at the same time. This guy is a nightmare, we were unable to beat since you can drop combat and rez the dead.

He has three different phases I saw. He alternates between phase one and either of the other two phases.

The first phase, he will shoot a light from his chest. If you are in the damage cone and look at it, you die. That is easy to avoid except for some people. He will summon sandstorms (aoe damage). You either move out from it or stand on a orb that appears and become immune to the damage. Also he summons adds that shield him, so those need killed. Discharge is another ability of his. This should be interrupted. The final thing to watch out for is he will shoot out these yellow-green orb-like things. These do no damage but if you or anyone touches them they buff the Kaaz'Ra. The buff reduces the damage he takes and increases his damage to point where he one shots tanks. [Aside: I'm disappointed in Trion on this one. They said one person would not be wiping everyone. The focus was to be on individual performance and to punish the individual if they screw up. Getting hit should lower the players damage on increase the damage the player takes not the opposite on the boss. End aside]

First Alternate phase, he becomes a sandstorm and summons orbs of destruction (name?) The orbs also spawn sandstorms around them. You can dps the boss but he takes reduced damaged. You also kill the orbs. Eventually he will go back to phase one.

Second alternate phase, the boss transforms into what I'm going to call a cocoon. He summons more adds, one architect and a swarm of beetles. These adds hit hard and have a lot of health. The beetles are no joke. Eventually he will go back to phase one.

I did these bosses late at night and was tired, so there probably errors with what I wrote. Feel free to correct me. I couldn't find a guide anywhere for the bosses. I also dislike the people yelling at me and everyone else for not knowing the mechanics when they can't be bothered to write a guide for the fight. So help educate me on these fight. Also information on Senbora would be great, I have not had the opportunity to do that fight yet.
    Last edited by Clymene; 2013-06-22 at 06:11 PM.