Steam Error - "Failed to launch game (missing executable)"

Hey guys,

So two days ago I reformatted my C drive. This contained my OS, and some other programs that are irrelevant (such as PS), while my Steam folder remained on my (untouched) F drive. I remember never truly "installing" Steam; I was playing video games with my cousin as I was installing programs, and I remember looking at my computer screen, dumbfounded at Steam being open when I never touched it, nor was Steam set up to launch upon boot. Anyway, I'm finding that approximately 10% of my games are getting the error "Failed to launch game (missing executable)". I've attempted to do the following to rectify this error:

- Visited https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7453&l=english and followed their steps.
    - My Antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials, which isn't listed, nor has it ever been a problem.
    - I completely disabled my firewall, didn't make a difference.
    - I verified the integrity of the game cache.
    - Deleted all of my Steam folders and items, aside from Steam.exe and SteamApps (I don't consider redownloading that much GB to be an option).
    - I am the only user, so I can't forsee permissions being an issue.

Strangely enough, if I go to my F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\bastion folder, and launch the Bastion.exe file, it plays flawlessly...but if I attempt to play it via Steam, I get the error...

In the meantime I've opened a support ticket, but I doubt they'll be responding anytime soon. Any ideas as to what's happening? I've done some Googling, obviously, and it hasn't helped.

Edit:

The games that are affected are:
    - Bastion
    - Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
    - BioShock 1
    - Botanicula
    ... That's as far as I've gotten, alphabetically.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 12:07 PM ----------

Well...it's always the obvious thing. I finally resorted to just re-downloading the problem games, and it works. I always overthink things. I have no problems now, so... lol. Derp.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-06-22 at 05:45 PM.

^ Was going to say that you probably need to delete the local game and re-download as there's some issue with the file pathing and I couldn't find a way how to change it (not even in the registry).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    ^ Was going to say that you probably need to delete the local game and re-download as there's some issue with the file pathing and I couldn't find a way how to change it (not even in the registry).
    Yeah, Bastion wasn't in the registry, so...yeah. I always tend to over complicate things.