Google Chrome Problems. Help please?

No idea if this is the right place to put this. It's about google chrome, so that's computer stuff, but it's not like hardware at all, so I don't know. Sorry if it's in the wrong place, couldn't decide. Anyway.

About a week ago my google chrome started having some pretty weird problems. On certain sites buttons (such as Register or Submit) just won't work, at all. The sites appear to be random and have no real connection to each other, and it works perfectly fine in Internet Explorer and Firefox, so I know it's a problem specific to google Chrome. I've tried Chrome on another computer, and those same sites work fine, so I know it's an issue with my computer and Chrome. I've tried disabling all the extensions and such, and it's still not working. It worked fine forever until just a week ago, and now it's a problem. But it gets stranger, sometimes they work. The other day I left my computer on over night, and then the next day all the websites I was having trouble with were working fine. But now it's back to not working again. I have no idea at all what changed while my computer was on over night, I guess fairies helped me? Not sure. Anyway, I'm fairly certain it has to do with javascript, because when I scroll over the things that don't work they say things like "javascript:void(0)" but I don't really know anything about this type of thing, so I have no idea what could possibly be causing this.

I feel like if it's a java problem on my computer then Firefox and IE would have the same problem, and I feel like if it was a java problem with Chrome it wouldn't have worked to begin with, and it wouldn't work on other computers either. I haven't downloaded anything recently, so I don't think it's that, but I really have no idea what the cause of this could possibly be. I tried googling for it but all I can find are things about people who have problems with creating websites using java, which doesn't help me. Anyone have any idea what could possibly be the problem? Using Windows 7 64-bit, if it matters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you actually tried updating Java? Have you tried reinstalling Chrome?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I have a prob with Chrome but it's more like

--disable-new-menu-style

IS DEAD !!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Have you actually tried updating Java? Have you tried reinstalling Chrome?
    Besides this make sure you use the latest release and not Alpha/BETA.

Get a real browser!

no just kidding but had to do it. I'd suggest a clean install of both java and chrome. use ccleaner when both are uninstalled then install chrome then java not the other way around. it worked for a friend with his firefox a while ago hope that helps

javascript is in no way related to java, and neither is chrome i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    I have a prob with Chrome but it's more like

--disable-new-menu-style

IS DEAD !!!!!
    Still works for me

Updating JRE because of some JavaScript problem wouldn't do anything.

Have you tried deleting the cache or even reinstalling Chrome?

JavaScript is probably disabled.

Click on the Menu -> Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Content Settings -> JavaScript (Allow all) and make sure that there's nothing in exceptions.

Edit.

JavaScript and Java are not the same thing.

How is JavaScript different from Java?

The JavaScript programming language, developed by Netscape, Inc., is not part of the Java platform.
    JavaScript, does not create applets or stand-alone applications. In its most common form today, JavaScript resides inside HTML documents, and can provide levels of interactivity to web pages that are not achievable with simple HTML.

Listed are key differences between the Java and JavaScript.
    Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
    Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.
    Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.
    They require different plug-ins.
    http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_javascript.xml
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-06-22 at 08:18 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    Get a real browser!

no just kidding but had to do it. I'd suggest a clean install of both java and chrome. use ccleaner when both are uninstalled then install chrome then java not the other way around. it worked for a friend with his firefox a while ago hope that helps
    Gonna try this now, I reinstalled Google Chrome last night and it fixed the problem for yesterday, but then today it broke again, so guessing there's something getting messed up at some point after the installation.

Some interesting things in this thread though, I always assumed Java and Javascript were basically the same, guess you learn something new every day.