Deleted

PC WILL NOT TURN ON :(! Only VIA "JUMPSTART TECHNIQUE", NO LIGHT ON MOBO EITHER :(

Hey there, I have recently completed a new build but I am having problems turning on the PC.
    I have 3 fans in the my case (Zalman Z11 plus) they are all connected to the respective sockets (system fan 1 and 2) and the 3rd main fan is connected to the molex cable and plugged into the my modular PSU (Corsair 500W).

However, I CANNOT turn on the PC by pressing the Power Switch on the front of my PC. So i removed the Power switch on the font panel socket on the motherboard, and jump started it with a screwdriver - voila, the PC starts. HOWEVER only 2 of the 3 fans work, the Rear exhaust fan, the top blue LEd fan, and the Fan on the heatsink, The front fan does NOT work :/ Furthermore whilst the fans light up and 2/3 work, NO light appears on the motherboard, nothing what so ever...
    My Mobo is mounted using the standoffs and is 100% not grounded against any of the case. I can also jump start the PC with the Paperclip method in the green wire and the black wire of the 2x12 Main Power Connector).
    However if I do not use the "jumpstart" methods and I replace the power switch in the front panel connector and REMOVE the paperclip from the 2x12 Main Power Connector and turn on the PSU and nothing starts. No light, no fans, nothing...

I am new to PC building and would appreciate all the help I can get The third fan is connected to a the white socket named "system fan 1". I do have a problem , as I can ONLY get the PC to start up by "jumpstarting it" via the Screw Driver( in place of the Power switch) OR the Paper clip in the Green and Black wire in the 2x12 Main Power connector :/ Even then only 2/3 case fans work... It WILL NOT turn on via pressing the power button the exterior of the case..Does that mean I have a faulty power switch (as I can JUMP start it by removing it and using a screwdriver..) OR does that mean I have a faulty Power connector (2x12) as I can get it start by playing the paperclip in it.... Furthermore like I said, There is NO LIGHT indicator on the motherboard to say it is working, it does not shown any sign of activity ... :/

I do not understand why only 2/3 case fans function when I manage to get power to the PSU (by jumpstarting) and why it doesn't switch on in the first place, AND why there is no activity at all from the Motherboard.

NOTE: I do not currently have a graphics card or HDD in the system as I wanted to test it before I bought the rest I only have just the RAM (2 x 4gb), CPU, Aftermarket cooler and Motherboard.

My current specs are:
    Case: Zalman Z11 plus
    CPU: Intel i5 2320
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
    RAM: (2x 4gb DDR3) Kingston Hyper X
    Cooler: Coolmaster Evo TX3

Any help would be deeply appreciated, I just don't know what I am doing wrong, maybe I have a dead Mobo or PSU? Thanks everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have both of the motherboard power plugs in?

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Do you have both of the motherboard power plugs in?
    ^ This , make sure the 24pin is plugged in along wth the 8pin near the CPU, usually to the left/top left of it.

Make sure you have connected the correct front ports, read the manual to make sure you are connecting the front panel to the correct stuff and not the wrong one and in the correct order, some people tend to do that.