Poll: Important Lore bosses

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaeden for me. Lich King's a close second, but I had to vote KJ because of the aftermath. Reigniting the Sunwell > Bolvar slapping on a helmet.

Your option for vanilla being rag is confusing to me. He was t1 boss. Lore wise extremely poor. Nef had much more lore surrounding him and C'thun was off the charts epic wise for a fight. Then you had the lore bomb and awesome KT fight in naxx 40. Sadly they derailed that story and went to outlands with TBC killing the KT fight. Yogg Sauron also was a more epic and lore filled fight to me than LK. However LK gets all the Warcraft 3 players in a frenzy because it closed that chapter for good.

Since he isn't on the list my .02 would be C'thun. Everything that went into AQ 40 made that place AWESOME. From the gates opening to the fight itself and all the lore around our first encounter with an old god.

Deleted
    Definatly Arthas for me. Loved the lore, especially since I really enjoyed WC3: The Frozen Throne.

Also it's not fair to list Garrosh yet because we haven't seen him in action much less fought him yet.

Hands down, Lich King.

Arthas obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic Ragnaros.
    We had people kicked out of the guild for talking during the event.

no boss ever again managed to do that.

plus he was more frightening than any other boss. you stood there with what? 1k life as a dd in more or less only blues? doing like 120 dps. AND THIS DUDE WAS THE FIRST DUDE WITH A HEALTH WITH SEVEN DIGITS.

Deleted
    For sure not the LK we saw in Wrath. Anti-climatic and bad storyline overall.
    I'd say Yogg-Saron, real masterpiece of that expansion, along with Vanilla Ragnaros and Illidan (not KJ) in TBC.
    Deathwing was really epic visually, but the fight missed something.

Edit: oh, and C'thun was really epic, too.

Quote Originally Posted by darsh333 View Post
    Your option for vanilla being rag is confusing to me. He was t1 boss. Lore wise extremely poor. Nef had much more lore surrounding him and C'thun was off the charts epic wise for a fight. Then you had the lore bomb and awesome KT fight in naxx 40. Sadly they derailed that story and went to outlands with TBC killing the KT fight. Yogg Sauron also was a more epic and lore filled fight to me than LK. However LK gets all the Warcraft 3 players in a frenzy because it closed that chapter for good.

Since he isn't on the list my .02 would be C'thun. Everything that went into AQ 40 made that place AWESOME. From the gates opening to the fight itself and all the lore around our first encounter with an old god.
    Vanilla Rag had two zones and a dungeon devoted to telling his story, beyond the actual raid, plus all the quests that involved the Dark Irons. The fact that the mere act of summoning him caused the middle third of the continent to explode made for a tense lead-up to his fight. Being that he was the tier 1 boss, the devs were able to basically build his story into the world, and it showed. I can understand him being in the list.

I voted for Yogg though.

Lore wise? Deathwing.

The fight sucked, but the lore surrounding him is epic in the purest sense. The fact all the Dragon Aspects are involved in the fight alone is huge, with the end of the world literally hanging in the balance.

Shame the fight itself... Isn't as good as it should have been.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only going to entertain the fianl boss of each expansion, plus Kil'jaedan because SWP.

Lich King > Garrosh > Kil'jaedan > Illidan > Deathwing

I was not expecting to rank Garrosh so high.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    People talking about specific difficulty, % of playerbase doing the content, etc. do not seem to realize that there is "lore wise" in the question. We are talking about a story character, not a raid boss. The raid encounter itself is just a small part of that boss epicness. Hell, one doesn't even have to kill the boss at all and can still make a valid point in this poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    (*cough* Culling of Stratholme *cough*)
    If you had played WC3, you would know were CoS came from, there is nothing wrong with it, i even think it was one of their best 5 man instances they ever maded.

I have to say that LK was best end-game boss ever.

Deleted
    Lich King.

Hard to choose between Illidan and the Lich King. The suspense built up while questing in Shadowmoon Valley and Icecrown is just awesome.

The Lich King, by far. As someone who's been into Warcraft since before WoW (having played Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne campaigns) and following Arthas since he was still a paladin, I'd been waiting a long time for the closure that came with Wrath of the Lich King. Plus...some of the Lich King cinematics were by far the best in WoW, in my opinion. I got some chills the first time I watched the opening Wrath cinematic. That was truly epic.

TBC was my favorite overall expansion, but Wrath had my favorite end boss.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-06-25 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    If you had played WC3, you would know were CoS came from, there is nothing wrong with it, i even think it was one of their best 5 man instances they ever maded.
    Actually, I did play Warcraft 3 and thats why I don't like that dungeon. In Warcraft 3, it was an emotional moment, a very important part of Arthas' journey.

But this did not work that well when converted into playable MMO content. Cheesy dialogues, Arthas' human model, game mechanics requiring him to hit citizens one-by-one as if they were target dummies, whole Infinite dragonflight felt out of the place (more vile sorcery!), bronze drake becoming a synonym for average LFD mouth breathers, unskippable intro day after day when farming ... should I go on?

I wanted to say that sometimes, the way they told the story did not quite work out, even when what were they telling was interesting.