Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    i mostly afk, talk / text on my phone..or watch a movie while moving and casting 1 or 2 things to not get booted.

part of the problem is because i find random BGs too challenging and difficult; so i have given up [other than alt gearing] in favor of 3v3 arena.
    I seriously hate people who AFK in BGs. You might aswell just set up a bot, because a bot would, no joke, be more useful than you.

I do BGs to gear up and spread mayhem like most people, but seeing people AFK and run away from node fights frustrates me. Not talking about the node fights where our team is stomping the opponent, or where there are 5 enemies tearing 2-3 others apart, but I'm talking about equal fights where even 1 person can help.

Whats worse is when there's >ONE< enemy player being ganked by 4-5 others with more and more going in for the kill. I mean, seriously? The guy is going to die anyways...

this game is the opposite of easy atm, just stun the healer a few times til he trinkets, then pop all your cds on a dps and he dies and you win

people at 2400+ on bloodlust bg don't even death sheep, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    PvP is only hard if you play weak classes.
    Much truth in this post right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I have mostly been doing random BGs
    Here is your problem.

Title plus the introduction were a bit misleading My opinion is that you're focusing too much on the negative, in an environment where the negative outnumbers the positive. Myself, I play a Ret Paladin. My mind is always programmed to help others. I dismount with a helping ability on a mate rather than a DPS one on an enemy, if I see a team mate needs help. I help all, and I focus on healers. I HoP, HoS, LoH, and Word of Glory, and usually die before anyone else. My early death is usually cuz I rarely get the same treatment I give, which I never fail to notice. On some occasions, however, I get lots of love. Sometimes I feel like i'm the true embodiment of my talent Selfless Healer. Other times I feel it should be renamed to 'Thankless' Healer. This is all in random BGs.

Really though, focusing on so much negative is bad for your heart, especially if all you do is random BGs. Learn to coexist with the negative, embrace it, rise above it. Eventually you will be okay with it, and start seeing others who fail at helping you as 'cuties' who are either over-excited, still honing their help-my-mate mentality, or are just new at BGs. I personally imagine everyone as Gnomes.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    First of all lets talk about healers. In all forms of PvE from faceroll 5 mans to heroic raiding every single person knows protect your healers unless you want to wipe. I mean thats why Blizzard made tanks. Usually a healer doesnt even have to say "OMG help me this murloc is kicking my ass" Good tanks will immediately pick up anything beating on the healer. But having healed in random BGs on every healing class people just dont give a shit about healers. Its just that simple.
    I stopped reading after this.

First you say "Good tanks will protect healers" and then you say "baddies in random bg's don't protect healers"

I have a news flash for you. Bad tanks don't protect their healers. And good players in pvp DO protect them.

Your problem isn't that PvP is hard. Your problem is that you're playing with players that suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    I stopped reading after this.

First you say "Good tanks will protect healers" and then you say "baddies in random bg's don't protect healers"

I have a news flash for you. Bad tanks don't protect their healers. And good players in pvp DO protect them.

Your problem isn't that PvP is hard. Your problem is that you're playing with players that suck.
    I have a newsflash for you. The OP was a tongue in cheek funny rant. The problem is you all missed it.

Deleted
    Lol'd at guys thinking focusing healer is the way to go.
    Let me explain you something about pvp. You don't focus healers. You cc them and you burst the damage dealers. Unless you stumble upon a healer with no cd and no trinket, ofc. Got it ?

Well on the subject.
    I dont need any gear from random bgs. I dont need any achieve, I don't need anything really. I just do them because I enjoy playing them. And I play to win them. As I would play to win a Battlefield game or a starcraft game. I'm just a gamer who plays for nothing else than victory, as every gamer should do. I hate so much people who come in randoms and are just terrible or afkers. And its not a gear issue. YOu can be useful with no gear (well, depending on bg and class). Bads are just bad I guess.

I mean just look at this

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    i mostly afk, talk / text on my phone..or watch a movie while moving and casting 1 or 2 things to not get booted.

part of the problem is because i find random BGs too challenging and difficult; so i have given up [other than alt gearing] in favor of 3v3 arena.
    No wonder why you're losing bgs. Just DL oQueue and you'll be fine, away from those horrible players.
    And I dont care if that was sarcasm -just so there is not misunderstanding, 'cause if its not him doing that shit in bg, it will be someone else.
    Last edited by mmoc4663f6f5a8; 2013-06-25 at 06:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't really complain about random BG's, everyone there is a BG hero, they fall into 4 categories - AFKers, Bots, tards and pros who joined as a group and wipe the floor with everyone. tards are the ones who just go in and hope to duel everyone =p there is no organisation in randoms. And you can't compare it to PvE really, in PvE you mostly know whats going to happen, its all programmed! In PvP anything could happen =p which in this case is usually lots of duels in the mid ground while the objective gets ignored =p

Deleted
    Lol dont get the wrong idea, a lot of things are actually programmed in pvp. For instance in a rated wsg or twin peaks I can tell you exactly what is going to happen, what I cant tell you is who will win (assuming I cant tell that from scoreboard). Same thing goes if a mage uses blink, I can tell you exactly how I will react to that in every circumstance.etc. I can even tell you when he's going to blink, see ? Not programmed you said ?

So yeah.. stop spreading urban legends about pvp

Deleted
    If you want to succeed in random battlegrounds, assume you have to do everything yourself.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've always done the first bgs on the expansion or with alts with a group of 3-5 glad/r1s so we win every game and get it done in like 8 hours. BGs aren't fun, RBGs aren't fun, it's just stuff you have to do.

Other than that, I maybe do a few here and there to test a build, interface, or rarely to try and enjoy it, but people in BGs are just .. terrible for the most part (on both sides). If I have to grind without a group, I either semi-afk or [the only alternative].

Wouldn't call anything related to BGs "fun" or even "PVP" anymore. Unless it's a good group versus a good group (which rarely happens even in the highest rated RBGs), it's just dull. Like if I get a 2k rated team in RBGs, half the team is AFK or just camping the GY or something because it's boring (after the initial faceroll of a fight). Just do arenas, they may be too hard, but for a better reason (and then, they're very easy).

Deleted
    Saying random BG represents PvP is like saying LFR represents raiding... It simply doesn´t. As the web has already proven numerous times. High level of casual participation + high level of anonymity + low chance of consequenses for being a tard = lots of horrible players.

Solution = Arena and RBG

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    I've always done the first bgs on the expansion or with alts with a group of 3-5 glad/r1s so we win every game and get it done in like 8 hours. BGs aren't fun, RBGs aren't fun, it's just stuff you have to do.

Other than that, I maybe do a few here and there to test a build, interface, or rarely to try and enjoy it, but people in BGs are just .. terrible for the most part (on both sides). If I have to grind without a group, I either semi-afk or [the only alternative].
    Players like this are what I am talking about. PvP is not something you have to do, and random BG most certainly not, if you don´t enjoy it, don´t do it. It´s certainly never a valid excuse to semi-afk or bot, ruining the game for everyone on your team. This selfindulging attitude of "well if I don´t enjoy it so it´s ok for me to be a tard and ruin it for everyone else" is really what is setting PvP back.

What you want is clearly not PvP but more along the lines of "look I can roflstomp undergeared inexperienced players i´m sooo leet look at me"... The baseline resil buff must really have killed your "fun".
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-06-25 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I have a newsflash for you. The OP was a tongue in cheek funny rant. The problem is you all missed it.
    Seriously, why bother? I'm sure it was funny the first time, but the subsequent five million fake qq rants are a waste of everyone's time. Go read a book or something, OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

random bg...
    1/3 of the player dont even know there class or running in greens.
    healer may have a hard time here but blizz has an answer for that.
    a good healer can easily outheal 3 random dps if they dont coordinate.
    just ask a guild member to join you with a dk or similar. you will have a tons of fun then.

Deleted
    Brings friends to join you! Jeez.

Deleted
    in random bgs you just faceroll the other teams healers before yours die. simples.

I still enjoy doing random battlegrounds. Call me a masochist, but I can even have fun when queueing solo

It's fun to outplay others - and most of all when you form small teams with other random players in there. I often find myself near the same players after a few minutes in a new BG. Then the teamwork starts and you begin to win! And btw, the resilience change in 5.3 has made it a lot more fun. More players participate and the experience feels more balanced. PvP in battlegrounds is in a really good spot atm.

You lose some - you win some. Either way, I often see a lot of dedicated players really trying to put up a fight, which seems like the right spirit in an MMORPG

PS: I got Battlemaster, Justicar and of the Alliance by mostly solo-queueing - it hurt, but I enjoy wearing those titles.
    Last edited by Whitepaw; 2013-06-26 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    Pvp isn't hard, anybody can join a bg and just do some damage, being a very good pvper is hard, and requires dedication IMO
    depends on how much blizzard has buffed your class or fucked it over
    And this is how a bad PvPer sounds like.

I have mostly been doing random BGs
    get gear and do yourself a favour- move to arenas/RBGs
    random bgs are like LFR with heroic bosses, its that fun. unless you oQueue and do a 10man premade just to stomp low geard noobs, which is sad
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-06-26 at 03:07 PM.

I miss the good old hillsbrad days