Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this kind of attitude back in Cata when the Heroics were hard. I was on my pally, the second char I hit 85 with. Was a guild group I got into of course, because that's almost all there was back at that time. They basically insulted me and such throughout the whole run, which was Stonecore, so you can imagine what it was like. Oddly enough they never kicked me. They got to act like kids and feel all big, and I got a heroic done, win win. Was kinda shitty to have to deal with at the time, but oh well, just cant let it get under you skin. That was the first and really only time since I started playing back in Vanilla that I had a real asshole group, outside of BGs...of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Look at my situation, I'm pretty sure there are others in similar situations.

I'm not getting angry and I didn't show any anger towards them in the group, I'm just frustrated and perhaps disapointed in other people? I have to play WoW casually these days because I live a busy life, so I cannot raid with my guild, most of the time I get on late (like tonight at 2am) and there aren't many people online. I play on Hellscream EU server, which is one of the dead servers and there really aren't many players online at any time (around 20-30 people at night on horde side), none of the out of guild friends I had in previous expansions are here or even play anymore.

To put it short If I want to play my chars I have to deal with LFG situations, and I just don't understand why someone can be so abusive to someone simply because they have poor gear, something that is impossible to avoid when leveling an alt. I'm not going to lie and say I've not met unreasonable or to put it simply "wankers" in WoW before, but what i saw earlier takes the cake.
    Because those rude people have nothing better in their lives, than their characters on a video game. Their self-hatred, constant self-disappointment, and self-pity runs deep, and manifests itself as anger.

Once you truly realize this, their pathetic insults become meaningless, because their very existence is meaningless and worthless.

I don't get that attitude either.

Someone has better gear than you/higher ilevel? Look down on them, they're morons for being hardcore and playing the game 24/7! What a bunch of no-lifers!

Someone has worse gear than you/lower ilevel? Look down on them, they're scum for being casual and only playing 2 hours a week! What a bunch of scrubs!

It's a disgusting mindset to have and I must admit I can sometimes be accused of it. Sometimes HC Dungeons will fly by and you'll be in there for about 10 minutes tops. Places like Scarlet Halls, the one with Herod in just explode with a fast pulling tank and decent DPS. Then you'll walk into Scholo and spend about 10 minutes on trash alone with those stupid students all being pulled 1 by 1, or in one massive chunk that neither the tank can control, or the healer out-heal.

I don't go and start mouthing off to other players for not "pulling their weight", but I do think to myself that things could be going quicker if the DPS pulled their fingers out, or the tank pulled a little faster. It's mostly evident in scenarios, where you'll see classes that can heal pull something extra, while me on my DK and another DPS are in dire need of healing and strugling with mobs already. It's frustrating to see that when someone that can tank/heal is just there doing sub-par DPS and not helping the DPS that can put out numbers blow shit up faster.

There's some arrogance and ego on my part there, considering my DK isn't even in full epics and those epics are only LFR ones, but the game pretty much conditions you into being this John Rambo badass that nukes Azeroth from orbit with amazing DPS...and then you step into an instance. I don't even know if my 60k DPS on my DK is good, bad or amazing, the game never tells me! I don't know that the 130k DPS I saw coming from a Warrior in LFR is good, bad or amazing, because the game never tells me. That's a slight aside, but maybe this coming proving grounds feature will help aliviate this somewhat.

As an anecdote, I was doing ToT LFR the other day and someone in chat was bitching about people dying to the snails, calling them morons. I replied with "The second you zoned in here, did you know what those snails did? If you don't explain what they do to people, expect newcomers not to know!". This was met with that ToT has been out for months, people should know and not be retards. I replied with "I just re-subbed 2 weeks ago. Does that make me a retard, because you've spent more time in here and know more than I do? USE your knowledge and HELP people. Don't debase them".

I didn't get a response to that.

I'll re-iterate what I first said. If someone knows more than you, they're geeks with too much time on their hands. They know less, they're mouth-breathers that should just /quit. I really wish the game rewarded knowledge and the sharing of knowledge, rather than hoarding it away and hiding it from other players. Things like the dungon journal help to some extent (I've skimmed throught the ToT ones but normally the only raid breakers are Durumu and Lei Shen), but I'd prefer someone actually telling me "Don't do x because of y" rather than having to do homework on it.

Been healing Ahune on my priest to speed up queues (Normally play Shadow) and I have to restrain myself from ranting at people. Okay, I get it. You're not going to do alot of damage. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with are people getting hit by every spike, getting knocked back every p1 restart and not switching to Ahune when he's up, instead preferring to single target DPS adds. It's gotten to the point where I'm linking DBM timers into chat to try to encourage faster switching and what's worse is that the better geared people seem to be, the worse they are.

It really makes me cringe at the levels of ineptitude, if I do this on my Ret I can just sign up as a tank and solo dps everything down, gradually in regards to Ahune, with a healer. Most of the people I've grouped with on my Priest can barely kill adds alone, never mind the Elite.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-06-23 at 03:56 AM.

Its not just at high level, I started on a new server because my old one was basically dead. Anyways, I have been kicked from dungeon groups while leveling because I did not have hierlooms, or because the group thought that I would not be able heal in quest/dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Been healing Ahune on my priest to speed up queues (Normally play Shadow) and I have to restrain myself from ranting at people. Okay, I get it. You're not going to do alot of damage. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with are people getting hit by every spike, getting knocked back every p1 restart and not switching to Ahune when he's up, instead preferring to single target DPS adds. What's worse is that the better geared people seem to be, the worse they are.

It really makes me cringe at the levels of ineptitude, if I do this on my Ret I can just sign up as a tank and solo dps everything down, gradually in regards to Ahune, with a healer. Most of the people I've grouped with on my Priest can barely kill adds alone, never mind the Elite.
    It's like when you see people (who arn't always just AKF), continuing to DPS that boss in HoF that summons the big amber add. It's only when me, or someone else says in chat "Kill the big yellow guy, you're doing 1% !!! DPS to the boss while it's alive!" do you see people swap, the amber dude go splat and the boss not take 20 minutes.

I know what to do on that boss, I've done it a few times. I know what to do on Ahune, hell I did that when it was current content at level 70. What frustrates me is when people can't quickly work out "Damn, i'm doing next to no DPS, I'm taking loads of damage...this is just wrong!" and adjust accordingly.

I'm not having a go at you Thassarian, or anyone really, but it's weird how probably most people, including myself, just stay silent and do their job and muddle through. It's almost easier to just DPS, Tank or Heal harder than it is to teach someone what they're doing is "wrong" or could be improoved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Not to be an asshole
    but are you new to wow or something?

This attitude has been around forever
    So have many other downright unpleasant attitudes and not just in gaming, but that does not make them right.
    Gear does not define a player anywhere near as much as behaviour.
    And well they made it clear just what they are.
    Sorry you had to go through something like that.

Just assholes, get used to it in the WoW community where:

Everyone has played since vanilla
    Everyone has raided hardcore
    Everyone was pulling 100K+ dps on a fresh 90
    Everyone knows how to run multi-million dollar companies better than people who actually run a multi-million dollar company
    Everyone thinks they know what is best for the game

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is a difference between actual elite player, which can clear content without overgearing it, even often undergeargin it and "wanna be"s, described in this thread that turn on a toxic higher attitude once they achieve a certain level of gear, as a mean to valorize their progress in game.

elite player, that is people good at the game, are often nice and courteous people. Obviously, you find abusive people everywhere, so we should not generalize.

What do you think? Are you one of the people who spits on those with low gear like they are some mindless scum of the universe? Or are you a logical and level headed person who can be understanding of other people? The reality of it is that gear has nothing to do with skill, but without gear you're severly limited, but it has to be earned and you have to start somewhere.

I think that these people are every where in every aspect of life and any activity you participate in. I think that making a thread telling an anecdote about this well known, well discussed and universally experienced.. experience is useless and a waste of time. You should probably get on with other things like gearing your hunter instead of trying to get some "i know dat feel" posts to help your spirits on a very rhetorical anecdote, where only a total jackass would agree with the aggressors within the anectdote.

TL;DR: Yeah, we know. Move on

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Isn't the cloak that drops there like ilvl 480 or something? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't even know why anyone would queue for that unless they all were "low geared scrubs" themselves.
    The cloaks are not the only rewards.
    The daily bag has a chance of the scythe and a pet.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's your own fault for signing up for bleeding edge progression content on a character that's not in full Heroic Thunderforged BiS gear.

Seriously though if anyone yells at me or is rude or swears or anything, I report them. Even if I deserve it I report them. It's fun to get people banned.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    It's almost easier to just DPS, Tank or Heal harder than it is to teach someone what they're doing is "wrong" or could be improoved.
    Don't bother helping the helpless. Enjoy watching them suffer in their incompetence.

I just had a brazilian player ninja the spirit cloak on his mage, and he had a 522 cloak, while my paladin healer has a 458.

Sometimes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The cloaks are not the only rewards.
    The daily bag has a chance of the scythe and a pet.
    And that's the problem. Putting players with vastly different goals into the same pool.

It is rather annoying when you're tanking or healing and you have very undergeared DPS that take 3-5 submerged phases to kill the boss. I think that they should have made the "add phase" significantly shorter, there's nothing hard to enjoyable about it it's just an annoying time sync. I don't call ppl bads or anything because there IS no ilvl requirement so it's hard to tell people they should be 500 + ilvl doing 100k+ dps. I do get slightly depressed when I see 3 dps under 300k health tho .

Those are not Elitist players. That is an example of children who are immature. I'm sure they are pretty horrible players.

I enter the instance and before the fight has even started I've been called a "low geared scrub" by the healer, the mage also then mentions he hates people with low gear.
    The rewards are less than items dropped in LFR: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. The only reason to do the event, aside from getting an achievement, is to gear a fresh 90. This is like complaining about people being undergeared in normal dungeons.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Don't bother helping the helpless. Enjoy watching them suffer in their incompetence.
    lol your avatar is very, very apt for that quote!

It's like WoW is a giant social study, rather than an enjoyable pastime