Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    quitting really does relieve all that stress WOW used to bring. there's the assholes you're forced to interact with in the game, then the assholes who design the game. does the good really outweigh the bad? between this and the posts from the official forums where people are complaining about different things it's a great reminder of why I quit and motivation to stay gone.

don't get me wrong I loved the game, devoted years to it ...and really having nothing but those little avatars in a world that doesn't belong to me to show for it. plus all of the anger which has stuck with me. look at these people here even defending being an asshole to someone with low dps. I knew how to play all of my classes perfectly well and big surprise their dps varied wildly. dps is gear dependent. sure you can ding fresh 90 with dungeon gear and your dps will be far superior to someone who quested their way to 90. and there are a number of peopel who chose that route. there will never be a justification for being downright cruel to someone. especially in a place that should theoretically be fun. but that's where the devs making the game a chore to the best of their ability comes in...the crap flows downstream.

Quote Originally Posted by ScariusTheMoonkin View Post
    only get mad and act like an asshole when there is someone doing <20k dps and before you say they just dinged 90 blah blah blah realize that fresh 90s can do 40k+ dps so less than 20 is afking/ just autoattacking and its annoying.
    Well, they can't really. Sure a lot of classes can with no problem, but saying everyone can do 40k dps+ as soon as they hit 90 in quest greens is BS, sorry.

This said, Ahune the DPS is hilariously low Most people are on 10-20ish in most groups I'm in. I think of those players that aren't still 89, a lot are just ignored profession alts etc giving people extra chances at the pet.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Well, they can't really. Sure a lot of classes can with no problem, but saying everyone can do 40k dps+ as soon as they hit 90 in quest greens is BS, sorry.

This said, Ahune the DPS is hilariously low Most people are on 10-20ish in most groups I'm in. I think of those players that aren't still 89, a lot are just ignored profession alts etc giving people extra chances at the pet.
    Tsk tsk tsk.

That show how much people understand mechanics nowadays.

1. elite phase: high hp, lots of armor add;
    2. adds phase: slow popping, low hp adds, disadvantage to melee, just stack the f up to aoe;
    3. core phase: small window, quick enough to have most DPS CD unavailable from the last burst;

All contribute to an avg dps of 40k-50k for ppl usually doing 130k on RF tank/spank bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    TL,DR version : A thread about rude/aggressive/unfriendly player attitudes towards newly dinged players, your thoughts on it. Do you have this attitude too perhaps?

So I logged on tonight at 2am to do this frostlord, the cloak is useful for my just dinged lvl90 hunter. The game allows me to queue dispite my low gear, meaning as expected (like in previous expansions) the boss is tuned to be easily beatable regardless of gear.

I enter the instance and before the fight has even started I've been called a "low geared scrub" by the healer, the mage also then mentions he hates people with low gear. The fight starts and my pet is killed by the elite elemental, which is not being tanked by the tank. I mention "pet died, can you tank the elite" to which the healer replies "why the fuck should we care, turn off growl retard" to which I reply that growl wasn't on. The fight goes on with a complaint about the group dps from the healer, more complaining about low geared people being scrubs and then he comments "why can't people use their brains". At this point he mentions he will no longer heal the low dps, and mostly just stands around doing nothing.

Mid fight I mention that this is my alt, and a semi conversation continues with me stating the logic that gear does not magically appear when you ding 90, and that the reason I was doing the easy event was for easy gear. Also that the only reason my damage is particularely low is due to the tank not holding agro on anything and mend pet not being enough to keep my pet alive when it is taking damage from multiple sources, I had to res my pet multiple times despite my best efforts to keep it alive.

After some more insulting elitist comments the conversation stops and the fight continues until we beat the boss, the mage dps leaves stating that I "should go to hell and suck satans dick". Now this was not down to a bad playing experience, there were no wipes and nobody in the group died, I was called a brainless scrub who should suck a dick because I have an alt that just hit level 90 in blues/greens, and this started before the fight even began.

What do you think? Are you one of the people who spits on those with low gear like they are some mindless scum of the universe? Or are you a logical and level headed person who can be understanding of other people? The reality of it is that gear has nothing to do with skill, but without gear you're severly limited, but it has to be earned and you have to start somewhere.
    Actually since we have content cleared and gold is faceroll easy to make, you can have most of your gear crafted/bought from the AH ready to put on at 90. So if your main was supposedly geared then you would have likely already gear ready for level 90, why wouldnt you?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to get the AGI cloak on my newly dinged Rogue, but I've lost it 3 times so far - all to plate wearing classes. People just love to be jerks in this game.

I've found over 6 years in WoW that the player base is a pretty miserable group of people. It's unfortunate because between NEVER getting anything worthwhile to drop in LFR, never getting little items I need like the AGI cloak, and generally miserable people, I have to ask myself again and again why I pay $15/month for this nonsense. It's likely because of the good memories in the game - if it were based on the current game alone, there's no way I'd pay to play, and likely wouldn't even play if it were free.

Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    i did frost lord on my 89 dk...it took like 4 core phases to kill him but no one said a word, but then again that battlegroup is dead....but this kind of attitude isn't new, and quite frankly after playing LoL...i'm just kinda numb to elitsts and scumbags and just ignore what they say...i mean, if it bothered you so much, just leave. toxic behavior sadly...isn't going anywhere...you can either A) respond and further the troll or B) ignore it and just do what you came there to do, they owe you nothing, and visa versa....if they feel the need to point out your lack of gear, then ignore them because this kinda of behavior stems from the exact same place that bullying does...lack of self esteem that warrants others to point out the flaws of others in a attempt to boost another's confidence.

I dont sympathize with elitism or bullying at all...granted that's not to say i havn't been elitist in the past, but let's just say if your nice to me, i'm nice back
    Actually two types of players are forced together at times which causes a lot of this behavior. NO gems, enchants, wrong rotation and so on deserves ridicule.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    I've been trying to get the AGI cloak on my newly dinged Rogue, but I've lost it 3 times so far - all to plate wearing classes. People just love to be jerks in this game.

I've found over 6 years in WoW that the player base is a pretty miserable group of people. It's unfortunate because between NEVER getting anything worthwhile to drop in LFR, never getting little items I need like the AGI cloak, and generally miserable people, I have to ask myself again and again why I pay $15/month for this nonsense. It's likely because of the good memories in the game - if it were based on the current game alone, there's no way I'd pay to play, and likely wouldn't even play if it were free.
    This late in the expansion a 480 cloak? It really doesnt matter with so much gear available but it takes effort so most people dont do the barren quests because it takes time which is sad in itself. Free 502 boots, and heroic gear, scenarios..ah,crafted, gear really shouldnt matter with lfr or you could raid normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    For people thats "offended" by this behavior, grow a thicker skin. If u cant stand elitists and ppl saying "ur a scrub noob", perhaps u should log off and read a book or watch TV

I blame the MOBA games personally, every time when some dudes goes ballistic I ask if they play LoL or Dota, most of em says "yes"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Actually two types of players are forced together at times which causes a lot of this behavior. NO gems, enchants, wrong rotation and so on deserves ridicule.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:58 PM ----------

This late in the expansion a 480 cloak? It really doesnt matter with so much gear available but it takes effort so most people dont do the barren quests because it takes time which is sad in itself. Free 502 boots, and heroic gear, scenarios..ah,crafted, gear really shouldnt matter with lfr or you could raid normal.
    I guess you missed the "newly dinged Rogue" part, which is interesting seeing as how you actually quoted the comment.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just did it on my tank last night for lolz.

5 Core phases.

I didnt say anything but I was dieing on the inside. I just cannot grasp how people cannot push out atleast 40k dps in heroic gear. How can people be hanging around the 28k dps mark still? They were Cataclysm numbers...

Also had the terribad hunter with growl on and a warrior who kept getting flung back and failed to understand why.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-06-23 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    That hurts my head too. What kind of player really enjoys just dicking around in a dungeon? Really enjoys no kind of progress or reward? I suppose when things do become just so damn easy that you really can heal "stupid", there's no real incentive to play "properly"? You que up, join, mess about while doing something else as playing WoW, obtain your bag and disapear into the void.

You owe those 4 other players nothing, you're litterally there to get your fix from your dungeon bags. Imagine if servers only ever held 100 players, that always logged in and out at the same time. Imagine being a Benny Hill player then. You'd get socially ostrasied and rightfully so.

I really wish WoW had a system that allowed you to upvote (no downvotes, you don't promote negative behavior, you reward the postive ONLY), such that you were actually rewarded with playing well. When your thumbs up score is over 100, you get faster dungeon ques, more gold rewarded, extra valour. Keep being a dick means no-one thumbs you up, you're stuck on the bottom rungs but if you DO play well you'll get promoted.

Omg sub 20 vote baddie in our group. God no, kick them please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    How is ridicule going to help anybody be better at the game? Insulting people and ridiculing them is not going to make them better at the game, people don't like to be told they suck, even if it's true, if you really want people to do better then you have to just offer up your advice and hope they don't take it the wrong way, the minute you start to ridicule and make fun of them, they are going to shut you out and probably ignore you out of spite.

The notion that ridicule is going to get these players anywhere is moronic to me, in a world where bad players are only ever called retards and made fun of everytime they do something wrong, they just develop this idea that everyone doing better than them is an elitist and needs to be ignored, I've seen this same behaviour from guilds I've been in and even a couple of friends I've gotten into the game, they won't care if you are right, they'll only care that you insulted them and they won't take anything on board that you have said, assuming you even bothered to give some reasons with your ridicule.

Report / ignore ...get kill and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    How is ridicule going to help anybody be better at the game? Insulting people and ridiculing them is not going to make them better at the game, people don't like to be told they suck, even if it's true, if you really want people to do better then you have to just offer up your advice and hope they don't take it the wrong way, the minute you start to ridicule and make fun of them, they are going to shut you out and probably ignore you out of spite.

The notion that ridicule is going to get these players anywhere is moronic to me, in a world where bad players are only ever called retards and made fun of everytime they do something wrong, they just develop this idea that everyone doing better than them is an elitist and needs to be ignored, I've seen this same behaviour from guilds I've been in and even a couple of friends I've gotten into the game, they won't care if you are right, they'll only care that you insulted them and they won't take anything on board that you have said, assuming you even bothered to give some reasons with your ridicule.
    At 90 ... if someone is still such a failure no amount of help will make the player less lazy/troll/dgaf.

But you are welcome to defend them. Its not like its the new normal nowadays.

WoW community was pretty bad way before LoL got popular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    At 90 ... if someone is still such a failure no amount of help will make the player less lazy/troll/dgaf.

But you are welcome to defend them. Its not like its the new normal nowadays.
    I'm not defending them, I'm saying if you're going to start ridiculing them it's an absolute waste of time, you're wasting your breath on it.

And I think you're wrong about not helping them, I've helped some pretty direly bad players in the past, and was able to get acceptable performance increase out of them, granted I went out of my way to make it happen, but saying no ammount of help is going to make them better is not entirely acurate, some people can and will take on board advice given in a constructive manner.

Raging and piss taking will never make anyone better though, it's only going to antagonise and cause an argument that never needed to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Actually if you want some background

Started playing in 2007 during early TBC and was a raider in some relatively high end raiding guilds.

T5 - Vashj/Kael Thas pre attunement lift
    T6 - BT/Mount hyjal farm and Sunwell up to Muru before 3.0 hit.

Then changed to a serious casual guild that raided 10man and tried to do 25man when numbers allowed.

T7 - All clear while relevant
    T8 - 10man all clear while relevant, mounts/algalon and 25man with most heroic modes + a Legendary mace farmed while relevant
    T9 - Got the 25man mounts/algalon in Ulduar + TOTC Tribute to insanity on farm (+ alts) and 25man 4/5 hc farm
    T10 - Got 5/5 25m hc TOTC, ICC10 mounts early on with 11/12 on farm, I was given Shadowmourne + we had 25man 11/12 on farm, eventually killed LK heroic. All while relevant.
    T10.5 - Ruby Sanctum 10HC killed pretty quickly, 25HC was not attempted.

Cataclysm - I didn't play much here, did some heroic firelands (didnt do any normal firelands while relevant as I came in late) didn't play serious until Dragon Soul, had both Heroic Deathwing fights left when I had to stop playing, guild killed them and had them on farm while relevant. A few staffs/rogue dagger sets made.

MOP - I did some raiding + heroic modes at start of expansion, stopped playing until last 2 weeks. Guild is currently doing TOT heroic modes.

So no i'm not new to WoW, I've never experienced this attitude before and never shown it to anyone else. Nobody in my guild has certaintly ever shown this attitude towards people. Being a complete asshole and being extremely crude and unfriendly simply because a player has recently dinged 90? It was my alt, had I been on my main I would have wiped the floor with all of the dps but I wouldn't have rubbed their noses in it. Fact is these werent elite players doing massive dps or playing with great skill, just decently geared players playing in a very average manner whilst being very aggressive towards others.

About the pet deaths - He had agro on the adds, I was specifically avoiding him going on the boss. I'm not an idiot but I know it can be easily done, this however is a boss that I have explained to others many times in the passed when trying to complete it with undergeared chars and new players. It is not the kind of amateur mistake I would be making. I was watching my pet tank the add until it eventually died, the add would switch targets and I would res my pet, happened every phase reset (of which there were more than you might want).
    He/She didn't ask for your raiding background and I very much doubt anyone in here cares. So you are trying to say that you are a good player even did some hard raids when they were relevant but somehow insulted in dungeon but you are a good player how could they insult you and want us to approve this. This is what I think you want. This is Internet, people do bad things, insult other people without a second thought because there is no real consequence. You better suck it up. I would ignore all of them after initial insult and suggest same for you.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-06-23 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm not defending them, I'm saying if you're going to start ridiculing them it's an absolute waste of time, you're wasting your breath on it.

And I think you're wrong about not helping them, I've helped some pretty direly bad players in the past, and was able to get acceptable performance increase out of them, granted I went out of my way to make it happen, but saying no ammount of help is going to make them better is not entirely acurate, some people can and will take on board advice given in a constructive manner.

Raging and piss taking will never make anyone better though, it's only going to antagonise and cause an argument that never needed to be had.
    We're not like the OP or his arch enemies...

A shower of ridicule is not raging. Its entertainment.

A shower of ridicule is not raging. Its entertainment.
    This actually does a very good job of summing up why I despise WoW players.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    This actually does a very good job of summing up why I despise WoW players.
    Why should we passively accept players taking advantage of those actually trying to get the task done?

Just in case one of them 'despise' me on a forum?

Well... Might work with most of the millennium generation... not me.

Deleted
    Why should we passively accept players taking advantage of those actually trying to get the task done?

Just in case one of them 'despise' me on a forum?

Well... Might work with most of the millennium generation... not me.
    You assume that every single bad player is lazy and out to use you and just doesn't care, while there are some players like this who I agree don't deserve our time, there are a hell of alot more that just don't know any better, and if this is your attitude towards them then you are part of the problem.