Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does it feel good to be in decent shape?

I have been relatively fat for a long while now and I have had enough.
    110 kg for the last 2 years or so but I don't want to anymore. I need to get to 91 kg at least.

Recently I started calorie counting, I can have 2400 calories per day in order to lose a pound per week. It has been pretty easy since I am not really a comfort eater, I genuinely eat it because of the taste etc, so it's not really hard or anything.

I have tried to lose weight in the past but it didn't work, now however I am for real.

Anyway, I want to ask: how does health feel vs eating anything you want? How does a good figure feel? Because I have never really been in good shape since I was 10.

Also yes I take into account everything, how much alcohol I drank too.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-06-23 at 03:03 AM.

Deleted
    I feel alot better now when I am working out then the period where I did not care and ate the things I wanted. You can still find amazingly good food that is healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    110 kg for the last 2 years or so but I don't want to anymore. I need to get to 91 kg at least.

Recently I started calorie counting, I can have 2400 calories per day in order to lose a pound per week. It has been pretty easy since I am not really a comfort eater, I genuinely eat it because of the taste etc, so it's not really hard or anything.

Anyway, I want to ask: how does health feel vs eating anything you want? How does a good figure feel? Because I have never really been in good shape since I was 10.

To me the better feeling that comes with being healthy far outweighs any food that I have to give up. I am able to get up and do whatever I want for the most part and I don't want to trade that for eating whatever I'd like. Plus, it also helps keep me balanced emotionally and mentally. If I don't get my daily run in I'm generally in a bad mood. The last time I was sick was when I had the flu about 4 years ago (the immune boost is a nice bonus) and I was down in the dumps for about 2 weeks not being able to eat my regular diet and get up and exercise.

Deleted
    Okay that helps. I am trying to get an idea of how it feels to be of a good weight.

EVERYthing is easier when you're healthier, and many many things are easier just by slimming down a bit.

You have more energy. You can tie your shoes without having to stop breathing. You can pick stuff up from the ground without (seriously!) worrying you'll fall over. You can do the physical things you honestly enjoy, longer. If your back bothers you, less weight means less strain; back issues can lead to neck tension which can lead to headaches. It can be easier to find clothing that fits you. You don't have to make a habit of checking weight limits on weight carrying things (not that you're that heavy, yourself, but at least in the US it's not uncommon to see weight limits of 250 lbs, and 110 kg skims that at 242lbs). When you hug someone, depending on how your padding is distributed, they won't still be several inches away.

I'm not fit. I'm not a massive blob, either. I was definitely thin growing up (woo, metabolism combined with undiagnosed allergies!), but not unhealthy. Long walks, long hikes, climbing mountains, going out skating, going out biking, getting comfortable on the couch or in a chair or in bed or against the wall. While I won't say you'll feel orgasmic every moment, and it's clear that's not what you're asking, I think everything will be less taxing on you. It'll be simple things that you notice being easier, and as time wears on they'll be things you can really, really take for granted without realizing it. Being fit won't necessarily help improve your motivation, but it can help prevent things from seeming like more trouble than they're worth.

And it always improves your frame of mind when you believe that you look good, both to yourself and to others.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    EVERYthing is easier when you're healthier, and many many things are easier just by slimming down a bit.

You have more energy. You can tie your shoes without having to stop breathing. You can pick stuff up from the ground without (seriously!) worrying you'll fall over. You can do the physical things you honestly enjoy, longer. If your back bothers you, less weight means less strain; back issues can lead to neck tension which can lead to headaches. It can be easier to find clothing that fits you. You don't have to make a habit of checking weight limits on weight carrying things (not that you're that heavy, yourself, but at least in the US it's not uncommon to see weight limits of 250 lbs, and 110 kg skims that at 242lbs). When you hug someone, depending on how your padding is distributed, they won't still be several inches away.

I'm not fit. I'm not a massive blob, either. I was definitely thin growing up (woo, metabolism combined with undiagnosed allergies!), but not unhealthy. Long walks, long hikes, climbing mountains, going out skating, going out biking, getting comfortable on the couch or in a chair or in bed or against the wall. While I won't say you'll feel orgasmic every moment, and it's clear that's not what you're asking, I think everything will be less taxing on you. It'll be simple things that you notice being easier, and as time wears on they'll be things you can really, really take for granted without realizing it. Being fit won't necessarily help improve your motivation, but it can help prevent things from seeming like more trouble than they're worth.

And it always improves your frame of mind when you believe that you look good, both to yourself and to others.
    Yes, believe me, when I was 13/14 I was in better shape, I was out ALL the time, I was still somewhat fat, but not as much as I am now. My activity level was way higher. But as you get older you get more lazy, you drink more etc etc etc.

It always felt ' right' after a fun day of playing with friends outside.

13/14 is such a completely different energy level, though. I was lucky enough to remain under/average weight into my 20s, so I can compare my "adult" ease when more slender to that which I experience now.

Keep it up. Even if you mess up, just don't give up.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    13/14 is such a completely different energy level, though. I was lucky enough to remain under/average weight into my 20s, so I can compare my "adult" ease when more slender to that which I experience now.

No, I won't, I am steadfast. I will update this thread at new years for sure. I have given up soda in the past, it's easy. Also I only eat when actually hungry. AI have frantically written on notes around my desk that I need to calorie count.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-06-23 at 03:25 AM.

I can't agree with this more. Pick small, measurable goals at first so that you can always feel like you're accomplishing something. Big goals can come in once you have your routine down and lifestyle adjusted.

Heart disease runs in my family, my dad had his first bypass at 40. I just turned 30 so I figure I have 10 more years to work on this little bastard in my chest. You can find motivation anywhere, you can even make it up out of thin air on some occasions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    I can't agree with this more. Pick small, measurable goals at first so that you can always feel like you're accomplishing something. Big goals can come in once you have your routine down and lifestyle adjusted.

Heart disease runs in my family, my dad had his first bypass at 40. I just turned 30 so I figure I have 10 more years to work on this little bastard in my chest. You can find motivation anywhere, you can even make it up out of thin air on some occasions.
    No need, my entire life has been ' all or nothing',

I either kick this weights ass or it kicks mine.

Most people who aren't overweight don't really feel much, but the people who are in shape/got in shape after being overweight feel great, especially if they continue working out or if its at the climax of their weight loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky genes? Maybe. Fit and healthy. Haven't been sick in over 7 years. Not even a sore throat. I hardly ever take Tylenol or anything of that sort. Since I've had great health, my immune system literally kicks ass. My member is, should I say...larger? I wake up with morning wood like when I was a horny little 14 year old.

Once you get past a certain point, you can literally go eat at a Cheesecake Factory and eat a shit load of pasta and 8 pieces of cheesecake and the next day work your ass off in the gym and not gain an oz. Food IS important and you have to keep up with it. It's a lifestyle choice like working out. But you can still enjoy a brownie sundae, soda, cake, cookies without much consequence if you keep it to once or twice a week. Before when I was out of shape, I was just eating cookies for the hell of it. Now, a single cookie is almost as good as sex.

With absolute certainty I can tell you that you will gain a lot more confidence and be more successful in life. Higher brain function, flexibility, posture and just overall life can and will come with great health.

Good luck on your journey!
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

I'd just like to point out that being "light/skinny" as opposed to "heavy/fat" is not quite the same as being healthy.

I weigh 57kg (9st - I am short so that's a big part of why i'm so light, but i'm not fat either) i'm not healthy at all, I could jog/run half a mile if i'm lucky and eat whatever I want.

I was up to 70kg at one point but that's another story.

If you really want to be "fit" or "healthy" then i'd say it's more workout than diet but to lose weight it's definitely more diet than workout.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

No need, my entire life has been ' all or nothing',

I either kick this weights ass or it kicks mine.
    And how has that been working? :P Getting healthy is about maintaining consistent habits that you can continue for the rest of your life. Take it slow and steady, people who try crash diets or work out plans are not able to maintain them and often end up gaining back the weight they lose.

If you want to drop weight fast stop eating sugar and bread.

I never have had a taste for either of these things, i find fast food, hamburgers, soft drinks, etc repulsive.

Just eat a lot of fish, vegetables, etc, you will lose a lot of weight.

I've weighed about 170 my entire life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    And how has that been working? :P Getting healthy is about maintaining consistent habits that you can continue for the rest of your life. Take it slow and steady, people who try crash diets or work out plans are not able to maintain them and often end up gaining back the weight they lose.
    Yes, but my plan was to take it slow and steady either way, with ' going all in' I meant: I won't try to lose half a pound per week or so, I will go full pound per week.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    If you want to drop weight fast stop eating sugar and bread.

I never have had a taste for either of these things, i find fast food, hamburgers, soft drinks, etc repulsive.

Just eat a lot of fish, vegetables, etc, you will lose a lot of weight.

I've weighed about 170 my entire life.
    No need to drop anything, everythjing in moderation and in the calorie range. Carbs are actually good for you too.

Yes, but my plan was to take it slow and steady either way, with ' going all in' I meant: I won't try to lose half a pound per week or so, I will go full pound per week.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:12 AM ----------

No need to drop anything, everythjing in moderation and in the calorie range. Carbs are actually good for you too.
    Sugar however is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels amazing both physically and mentally.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I'd just like to point out that being "light/skinny" as opposed to "heavy/fat" is not quite the same as being healthy.

I weigh 57kg (9st - I am short so that's a big part of why i'm so light, but i'm not fat either) i'm not healthy at all, I could jog/run half a mile if i'm lucky and eat whatever I want.

I was up to 70kg at one point but that's another story.

If you really want to be "fit" or "healthy" then i'd say it's more workout than diet but to lose weight it's definitely more diet than workout.
    Yep, I know, nearly all my friends are in that category, skinny as hell but no fitness. :P

I have tried to lose weight in the past but it didn't work, now however I am for real.

Happier because you are happy with yourself
    More confident with your appearance so find approaching people easier, including opposite sex
    You feel more alive, more awake, more energy and wanting to do more with yourself and your life....... rather than that lazy 'sluggish' feeling, when you cant be bothered to even move
    On the same lines of the sluggish feeling, I meant mentally above... physically you feel more solid too. Its nice to have a constant tight feeling in your abs, rather than a hanging gut all the time.
    Also you will find your chances of being employed are increased if you are good looking and in good shape. This may seem crazy but its true, employers do base their selection on the appearance of their staff too .. in most places, naturally.
    ..So many more reasons to be fit healthy and look good.
    I mean why wouldnt you?

Put it in a video games point of view, world of warcraft we all know that....

People now a days care about the item level as such, consider that your physique maybe ?
    Also whats even more important is your performance, consider that your fitness ?
    And most people like their characters to actually look good ingame too....

So no matter what game you play. If you care so much about a virtual avatar in a game, why dont you care about yourself? You should! Not trying to cause you offense, you writing this topic obviously states you are beginning too, so now its time to do something about it!

Think of it as playing a RPG with your body lol. More time you put into it (Training and dedication to your diet) the better results you are going to get out of it.
    Yes its a long grind but in the end, it will be the best ever achievement you've ever had in your life!

So in short Yes mate it does

Healthy Eating vs Eating anything you want....

You can still eat anything you want, just in moderation. Just eat a little less crap and exercise more, and watch your body change

Few years ago I used to be quite chubby, and very lazy.. abit of a bum tbh
    Then I went to college and I am now working as a fitness instructor helping others do what I done myself

Totally different person now and you can do it too
    Last edited by DStrukt; 2013-06-23 at 06:24 AM.