'Gay Cure' Ministry to shutdown, apologizes to gay community

Exodus International, one of the (if not THE) largest gay-cure ministry organizations in the world just announced that it will be closing its doors soon after a public apology issued by the organizations leader Alan Chambers.

In his apology Chambers denounced the idea that homosexuality could be cured, and apologized for the "shame and trauma" that his organization caused to those they were trying to help.

He went on to say: "I am sorry that I ... failed to share publicly that the gay and lesbian people I know were every bit as capable of being amazing parents as the straight people that I know. I am sorry that I have communicated that you and your families are less than me and mine."

His apology has been well received by the gay community, but not so much by his fellow Evangelical Christians who have been quick to remark that Chambers and Exodus International's apology in no way reflects a change in the Evangelical church on the topic of homosexuality.

In its 37 years of operation Exodus International had a 99% fail rate for 'curing' homosexuality, with many of the people who claimed to be cured admitting that they still had same-sex attractions but merely no longer acted upon them.

Hopefully this is the start of a very good trend.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-06-23 at 04:50 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is very good news indeed, a really horrid idea that homosexuality needs to be cured, most males I know that are anti-homosexual freak out when 2 men kiss yet jerk off to 2 women kissing, its always double standards, my Dads the same.
    The failure rate of these cure clinics is further testament to the fakery involved with this religious anti-gay propoganda and the closing of this one is a unfortunately a miniscule step towards ridding the church of this rampant homophobia

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This is very good news indeed, a really horrid idea that homosexuality needs to be cured, most males I know that are anti-homosexual freak out when 2 men kiss yet jerk off to 2 women kissing, its always double standards, my Dads the same.
    The failure rate of these cure clinics is further testament to the fakery involved with this religious anti-gay propoganda and the closing of this one is a unfortunately a miniscule step towards ridding the church of this rampant homophobia
    Well this was one of the oldest / largest ones out there, while the leadership has officially closed the doors some of their 150 locations across 17 countries will probably continue to operate under a different name than "Exodus International" or merge with other such ministries.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Dakia pointed out, we have a thread already on the topic http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=exodus