Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World's "countries" sistem is full of flaws?

The other day I started to thing about something guys, what if every country in the world united and work to be a better place? I mean what if every first world country started treating third world countries as if they were their own country? and what if other countries had the same education opportunities as USA,Germany, UK etc???

"To be healthy, succesfull and achieve happinness" well in this world it's only possible if you have the luck to be born in certain countries and in others you are also restrained to believe what you want and this is where I believe problems start.

But why? what blame has the newborn to be born at a country with less opportunities? none.

But what if everyone had the same opportunity? what if everyone had the freedom to do and beleive in what they want. I came with this idea of making the whole world into one, one sole country. So every human being worked not only for their own or country but for the world itself.

I can explain my point more detailed but im reeeeeaally tired right now so Ill do it tomorrow, what do you guys think?
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

Deleted
    Congratz on your discovery of communism.

system* Have a nice day.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-06-23 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    yeah that would be great but as long as there is greed and a system that promotes greed this wont happen

10+ Year Old Account
    The world would fall apart very quickly. Even if nations could decide to work together for a truly common good, individuals will never do so and would take advantage of the system to its fullest dragging down those who produce most resulting in their production being disincentivized by redistribution to the great number of leeches. Once that occurs, if standards of living are still maintained equally, those who produce will have even less than before because of the reduction in their own production (due to redistributionist disincentivization) further feeding the cycle and likely leading to mass revolution in the developed regions. An attempt to implement such a system on a global scale would result in global economic disaster worse than what was seen inside USSR nations after the fall
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

You give people too much credit. Many of them can't even think, and don't want to learn even with modern first-world opportunities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirain45 View Post
    system* Have a nice day.
    In my natal language it is written with an I however that's not an excuse. I realized my errors seconds after but idk how to edit the title :S

Shit, did you skip school completely or something, OP? Are you one of those guys whose facebook posts I keep seeing screencaps of over the internet, asking questions like what state germany is or if europe is a country?

Incidentally, the answer is that people and places are different, and different people generally don't like each other. In fact they tend to kill each other a lot, often in huge numbers and in extremely brutal and excessive ways.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah that would be great but as long as there is greed and a system that promotes greed this wont happen
    Yeah because communism works. Lol the hilarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    The world would fall apart very quickly. Even if nations could decide to work together for a truly common good, individuals will never do so and would take advantage of the system to its fullest dragging down those who produce most resulting in their production being disincentivized by redistribution to the great number of leeches. Once that occurs, if standards of living are still maintained equally, those who produce will have even less than before because of the reduction in their own production (due to redistributionist disincentivization) further feeding the cycle and likely leading to mass revolution in the developed regions. An attempt to implement such a system on a global scale would result in global economic disaster worse than what was seen inside USSR nations after the fall
    Economy is a very weird phenomen. it was created by humans with the purpose of making the world balance. If you wanted to have certain things then work for it it's ironical how now it is a MAJOR problem in the world.

The world is way too wrapped in systems full of flaws created by vanity and thirst for power, but why not conquered this? why not evolve into a more peacefull system?

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Shit, did you skip school completely or something, OP? Are you one of those guys whose facebook posts I keep seeing screencaps of over the internet, asking questions like what state germany is or if europe is a country?

Incidentally, the answer is that people and places are different, and different people generally don't like each other. In fact they tend to kill each other a lot, often in huge numbers and in extremely brutal and excessive ways.
    Yes I acknoledge that, but they live for the common purpose of being happy and most aren't proving that their system is wrong.

and yes but you have to think why do they kill each other?

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Yeah because communism works. Lol the hilarity.
    It would if it was possible ofr human beings to implement communism. But there never has been communism on planet earth, and propably never will be.

Deleted
    In my country, people who are on welfare due to medical reasons, cripples, need to submit themselves for regularly for checkups in front of a comitee to see if their medical problem didn't get solved in the mean time and are by any chance no longer eligible for welfare. Obviously why should the state support citizens who are able to work ?!

The idiotic part comes in when the law doesn't separate between temporary medical problems and permanent ones. Meaning, people without legs need to be checked if their legs didn't grow back in the mean time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    It would if it was possible ofr human beings to implement communism. But there never has been communism on planet earth, and propably never will be.
    There will be one day. It might be a while because its only going to work in a post scarcity era where we have the production capability to provide food water electricity medicine and basic luxuries for everyone.

Already we have the potential to provide enough food for the entire world but it hasn't really been put into practice yet. Especially with modern hydroponics.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would get slightly better for people in the 3rd world (maybe) and tremendously worse for everyone in the first world.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Congratz on your discovery of communism.
    Early in the morning is when all the commies get on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladivine View Post
    Economy is a very weird phenomen. it was created by humans with the purpose of making the world balance. If you wanted to have certain things then work for it it's ironical how now it is a MAJOR problem in the world.

The world is way too wrapped in systems full of flaws created by vanity and thirst for power, but why not conquered this? why not evolve into a more peacefull system?
    It isn't a major problem. A roughly capitalistic system has allowed and promoted a level of production needed to support the technological innovation of the past two century’s technological innovation. Flaws in the system can always be found, but it is responsible for humanities advancement whereas a centrally planned economy (what would be required for your theoretical system to be implemented) could not have achieved that. To switch to a centrally planned economy now would be to sacrifice future technological advancement by decreasing production thereby harming our posterity.

Because humanity is not ready and I doubt they ever will be. If a system like what you suggest was created, instead of incentivizing production, laziness and a lack of production is incentivized. When a lack of production is incentivized by a system, there will be a great many people who take advantage of it to not produce that now produced regardless of whether anyone wants them to be better. When less is produced, less is there not only to supply the domestic population but also less to be given to the less fortunate in foreign unless even less is left for the domestic population and more is shipped to foreign lands. If more is to be shipped to foreign lands, the cycle intensifies further disincentivizing production and that further reducing production. Unless you can figure out a way to overcome the disincentivization problem inherent in a noncapitalistic system without the new system being totalitarian or an alteration to the nature of humanity being required, then the new system will not be better than what we have now.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    There will be one day. It might be a while because its only going to work in a post scarcity era where we have the production capability to provide food water electricity medicine and basic luxuries for everyone.
    In a post-scarcity system, communism cannot work.

The reason why is that without scarcity, the common man has zero value. If the common man has no value, the elites have no use for you and seek to get rid of you.

What you fail to understand is that modern society is a "mexican standoff" between elites and commoners. Commoners need elites to lead them to a better future. Elites need commoners as a standing army to protect the societies they build. Its a symbiotic relationship. If you break that symbiotic relationship with a post-scarcity system, the elites will sooner or later wipe out the commoners.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 07:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bladivine View Post
    The other day I started to thing about something guys, what if every country in the world united and work to be a better place? I mean what if every first world country started treating third world countries as if they were their own country? and what if other countries had the same education opportunities as USA,Germany, UK etc???

"To be healthy, succesfull and achieve happinness" well in this world it's only possible if you have the luck to be born in certain countries and in others you are also restrained to believe what you want and this is where I believe problems start.

But why? what blame has the newborn to be born at a country with less opportunities? none.

But what if everyone had the same opportunity? what if everyone had the freedom to do and beleive in what they want. I came with this idea of making the whole world into one, one sole country. So every human being worked not only for their own or country but for the world itself.

I can explain my point more detailed but im reeeeeaally tired right now so Ill do it tomorrow, what do you guys think?
    The truth is people are jerks. Most people don't really care about true freedom and opportunity. Most people have no long term planning skills. They think only about their immediate close circle of friends and relatives. Their concern is mostly how drunk they are going to get this weekend. As long as they have their circle of friends and a stream of alcohol, they don't give a crap about anything else. That attitude is probably 2/3rds of the population.

If you start getting into "deep thoughts" around this majority, they will look at you and go "eew!", treat you like a leper, and go back to worrying about getting drunk.

This pervasive attitude is why it is so incredibly difficult to establish a system with true freedom and opportunity, and you should feel extremely lucky if you find yourself born into one.

Deleted
    We have people killing each other because they believe different fairy tales to others. Do you really think we'd be capable of adding more variables to the melting pot and it be better? No.

Can the global community work together to make the lives of billions better? Sure, but not enough people care enough to do that. Not enough people care about dying kids in Africa, so I doubt you would get people to go along with it willingly.

You can't assume the world is made up of nice people who want to help each other. There are plenty of assholes and sociopaths who have no problem taking advantage of a naive law for their own gain, even at the great expense of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

All it takes is one person, and the whole system would crumble. With that said, we can get pretty close to a society like that, which also describes many of the developed countries of today. So we're getting there.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance