Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    No skin off my nose tbh, I just thought it was funny, because I never actually broke any rules. This happen to anyone else?
    IIRC there is a part in the code of conduct that states you can't swear - nor can you replace it with other characters. You can't say "$%R@ you" any more than you can say "fuck you", so "well frak" may indeed be actionable to the letter of their agreement as you are basically saying "well fuck".

10+ Year Old Account
    hooo boy. i was almost worried for a second. lol. i mean, still sucks. but i misread and thought you said banned from bnet games.

I just got so mad about someone killing guardlings, and then taunting about it. I seriously just threw out one of the most epic smackdowns ever on them with really creative usage of my sailor mouth (dont know if i could sya it here? hahaha.) and i was worried id get banned for a minute.
    Last edited by anisadora; 2013-06-23 at 09:52 AM. Reason: realized i used a swear in that first exclamation

10+ Year Old Account
    They banned me once for writing @#!$ in place of a swear . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    think yourself lucky, mate. i got an infraction & 3 day ban from a mod on mmo for simply answering someone elses post "this made me lol".
    apparently, i didnt post constructively.

They do ban you for language I've had 2 accounts banned for telling dark jokes 05 in the morning. They get permabanned , but if you appeal , they reduce it to final warning and 72h ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was temp banned for saying that an idea someone came up with was a stupid one. It was harrasment apparently. I've not posted in the official forums since then.

There are few things more annoying than people who reply with "LOL YOU GOT TROLLED" though, so I can understand how that would get you banned for trolling, as trolling is now synonymous with being a giant arse, not being controversial in a topic of discussion just for the sake of it. I've been happy with the moderation on this board for the most part, and I'm not looking for perfection so I'm not inclined to complain when I see something minor that I don't agree with.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Yep, unless you mean to say I like pie or WoW is the best MMO, anything else is susceptible of being infracted.
    Nope, "I like pie" will get you infracted as well, double entendres and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Komalov View Post
    But you did, other wise you wouldn't have been banned. If you feel you've been wrongly banned, go and appeal it.
    Actually its not hard to get banned from the Battle.net forums at all and even harder to appeal.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    They don't. The op isn't telling us the whole story
    I lol'd, the Blizzard forums are notorious for unfair and unnecessary bans. I don't even like posting on the official forums because it's so ridiculously uptight.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, on the Blizzard Forums, profanity, masked or otherwise, is not permitted. It is a wonder they gave you 3 chances instead of the standard 1. However, if you feel the forum ban was in error, you can ask them to take another look by emailing wowreportedpost@blizzard.com from the email account associated with the account you were using on the forum when you got banned. You are not guaranteed an answer, and if the action stands, then no answer is the most likely answer.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamists View Post
    I lol'd, the Blizzard forums are notorious for unfair and unnecessary bans. I don't even like posting on the official forums because it's so ridiculously uptight.
    I think the issue is that the rules are literally followed to the extreme. You can be condescending, aggressive, unconstructive and outright obnoxious as long as you manage to skirt around the literal meaning to the rules. It's as if the people enforcing the rules do not exercise their common sense in the slightest, and they could be replaced by an AI and nobody would notice.
    My Brand!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I think the issue is that the rules are literally followed to the extreme. You can be condescending, aggressive, unconstructive and outright obnoxious as long as you manage to skirt around the literal meaning to the rules. It's as if the people enforcing the rules do not exercise their common sense in the slightest, and they could be replaced by an AI and nobody would notice.
    I smell a conspiracy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamists View Post
    I smell a conspiracy
    Not a conspiracy theory by me Just highlighting the ridiculous opinion I have of the mods there.
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Clearly we aren't getting the full story here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    This happen to anyone else?
    No, because you're lying and omitting about 90 percent of the actual story I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Clearly we aren't getting the full story here.
    This.

Also i've been saying alot of things on battle.net forums and never actually got banned. My few posts were deleted when i used some bad words and I received a warning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    only had a 48hour ban once for telling dead baby jokes in trade for an hour or so. worth it.
    Hahaha same here

OnT: If you did not do anything wrong you would not be banned, I have posted on wow forums since TBC and I have never gotten banned there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    This.

Also i've been saying alot of things on battle.net forums and never actually got banned. My few posts were deleted when i used some bad words and I received a warning.
    Seriously, they ban for stupid reasons.

Once because I posted an fan theory about the Burning Man when people were speculating about him. I was way off, didn't use profanity or anything. Don't remember what the "offense" was.

My second one was when someone had posted an obnoxious thread about something they were complaining about. There were about 2 pages of comments calling about the OP. I post "This thread is now about the color black". Banned.

My last ban happened after I replied to so someone doing the "Happy 420" nonsense on 4/20. I replied, "You realize a lot more has happened on this day besides your weed holiday" and posted a list of events that took place on 4/20. One event being Hitler's birth date. Didn't mean anything by it, it just happened to be in the list of events I copied. I got banned for being offensive. I appealed this one because I got the "final ban" warning. They told me that they wouldn't reverse the ban because I was being "anti-semitic"...

I've been temp banned on the forums a plethora of times, eventually ending with a permaban for calling some guy a pussy in jest. I appealed a few months later and ended up getting banned again almost instantly for a post that i made *before* the original permaban infraction.. They wouldn't let me appeal for that one, lol.

I guess they get stricter or people that have a history being a mister mean on the forums.

slime

Deleted
    Op knows what he posted two Years ago but doesn't tells what he did recently.......