Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    My perman ban came because I replied to some moron with "oh please, go kill yourself". Apparently I was condoning suicide.

Still not as funny as the one in my sig.
    Still not funny at all, just pathetic.

And as for the OP, you've done something otherwise you wouldn't get banned. Own up to it and appeal, or just accept that your not capable of handling a forum access without getting yourself into these situations. Once = I can understand, I've gotten a ban myself for calling developers out on being lazy and using strong language when doing so. 2 times? Ok...3 times and permanently? You're not being set up.

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    I guess they get stricter or people that have a history being a mister mean on the forums.
    Repeat offenders ALWAYS get harsher treatment.

Deleted
    It would be nice if: one insult = perma bann (: noone is allowed to insult a other person for any kind of reason.

/respect

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvtPJ View Post
    It would be nice if: one insult = perma bann (: noone is allowed to insult a other person for any kind of reason.

/respect
    True, but you missed the point. No one got insulted according to OP :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvtPJ View Post

/respect
    It depends what constitutes an insult to the person feeling insulted when it comes to responding to it. People take it personally when someone argues against something they are saying and consider it an insult, so they act rude back in most cases.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    if you disagree with actions taken you can contact the moderators by sending an email to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com and titling the subject "Ban Repeal"

My perman ban came because I replied to some moron with "oh please, go kill yourself". Apparently I was condoning suicide.

Still not as funny as the one in my sig.
    i got five people banned by saying being fat isnt that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Granted, their forums are pretty strict but chances are that they didn't lose that much of a valueable contributor.
    meanwhile let's all just pretend that those people who make night elf hug, who wants to date a draenei, blood elf appreciation, why does blizzard hate women, we're a happy couple that met on wow threads etc. are real contributors.

if you ask me the only thing worthy of being called a contribution is a guide, theorycrafting or bringing up legitimate class/game concerns. otherwise you're just shooting the shit.

If you challenge blizzard on their ToAs and ban able offenses be ready to get your pants pulled down around your ankles before blizzard shows you a thing or two about power.

"Frak" regardless if it's invented or something silly meaningless word it's similar to a swear word, in short get mad kid... you broke the rules and you now have a permanent ban, not because one of those incidents but because you have multiple of them without stopping with your BS. I for one am glad people like you get removed from the game, your sort is fucking disgusting to have in the community! END OF STORY!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a two week suspension here for that a while back. Lesson learned. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Seriously don't even bother trying to post on those forums to begin with. Bunch of mods on severe power trips. I have never seen mods that bad on any other website.

A long time ago I was perma-banned for calling GC out on refering to wow as a "roll-playing game" instead of a "role-playing game," All privileges were restored when they migrated to the new website, but haven't been on since.

Deleted
    I got banned for naming and shaming. I knew the rules, I knew I'd get banned, but I did it deliberately anyway because some people deserve to be named and shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i got five people banned by saying being fat isnt that bad
    Urge to... troll... RISING!

Maybe they just want to keep a more professional environment on the official forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    Not really sure how that happened.

First ban was two years ago for responding to someone's QQ thread saying "lol you got expertly trolled, don't be that gullible next time." I think it was for trolling? .. uhh.. k..

Second ban was a few months ago for saying Frak. It's a made up swear word from a show called Battlestar Galactica. It's not even a real word. "well frak I may as well go get it then" was the post.

Third was.. i couldn't even tell you. When I check reason the page bugs out (Tried all browsers) just says permanent. I hadn't posted since shortly after that second ban because I was tired of all the ban happy mods for stupid crap like what I put above. I went to go write something in the monk forums the other day and was met with that perma ban message.

I opened a ticket on the help area and i was told it was for "repeated foul language" lol? I never swore ones, or even bypassed the swear filter, or even harassed or "Trolled" anybody.

No skin off my nose tbh, I just thought it was funny, because I never actually broke any rules. This happen to anyone else?
    To be honest, these forums can be just as bad some times. But the WoW official forums are extreme as a rule and not an exception.

Not sure why people care if they get banned from any type of forums, its not like it has any significant effect on your life.
    Hell forums are only here most of the time for the vocal minority that likes to piss and moan...just check out this place.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Not sure why people care if they get banned from any type of forums, its not like it has any significant effect on your life.
    Hell forums are only here most of the time for the vocal minority that likes to piss and moan...just check out this place.
    Vocal minority tend to change things, like Xbox.

Deleted
    Take it up with a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    Vocal minority tend to change things, like Xbox.
    Except with XB One it wasn't the minority complaining about it; it was nearly everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Komalov View Post
    But you did, other wise you wouldn't have been banned. If you feel you've been wrongly banned, go and appeal it.
    They tend to ignore appeals and most the time don't even answer

Deleted
    They did you a favor actually, you don't have to get involved in those cesspools anymore.