Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    We're "mad" because for a few months, we were under the apparent delusion that after all out effort, we would be rewarded with a legendary weapon and not an absolute joke like this.
    I can agree with this.

    You don't blow this amount of time and effort for a cloak. At the very least this cloak better function as a flying mount.

  2. #22
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    317
    I would be surprised if they ever implemented a legendary weapon that changes based on class/spec. A cloak makes more sense to me as something you'd offer several different types of. I guess they could do something like how the Battered Hilt worked, but it still doesn't strike me as something they'd do with a legendary weapon. I think most of you overestimate the number of people who have actually stuck with the quest line, so it'll still be relatively exclusive.
    Last edited by Harmzuay; 2013-06-23 at 09:43 AM.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,687
    Better make me fly like superman or sprout wings like batman

    or im gonna be fucking pissed

    edit. i guess on the plus side i dont have to do this god awful quest chain on my alts now seeing that it isnt gonna be class specific weapons which i kinda thought it would be
    Last edited by Peaky Blinder; 2013-06-23 at 09:45 AM.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,168
    That's amazing, i have no idea why so many people are angry. I mean, who wouldnt like a glorified carpet you can wear (!!!!) as reward for countless hours spent on FUNNY grinding various materials in t14 and t15. Lets be honest remember how much fun was, grinding all these titan runestones ?

    Wrathion wants to teach us that it is journey that is important not destination. Having a powerfull, usefull weapon with possibly many cosmetic options, sure would feel good, but hey its important to chase bunny not to catch it.

    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT ?!?

  5. #25
    I am not sure if this is the actual quest that will make it ingame.

    You see, there is no involvement of the Siege of Org until the very last quest, which feels quite random, this entire quest chain is like "yada yada Timeless isle, yada yada Celestials. Okay kill Garrosh"

    Secondly, you don't even need to gather stuff from the Siege of Org, the only stuff to gather are those timeless coins, which don't really seem like you could only acquire a limited amount per week, at least based on the quest text.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  6. #26
    The Patient Leefa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lurking outside your window
    Posts
    342
    Was pretty fucking obvious that it would be a cloak when 5.3 hit - I guess people dont read quest text and dialogues, read blue posts or forums if they expected a weapon....
    Tank dies = Maybe healer's fault
    Healer dies = Tank's fault
    DPS dies = Their own bloody fault

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That's amazing, i have no idea why so many people are angry. I mean, who wouldnt like a glorified carpet you can wear (!!!!) as reward for countless hours spent on FUNNY grinding various materials in t14 and t15. Lets be honest remember how much fun was, grinding all these titan runestones ?

    Wrathion wants to teach us that it is journey that is important not destination. Having a powerfull, usefull weapon with possibly many cosmetic options, sure would feel good, but hey its important to chase bunny not to catch it.

    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT ?!?
    I've done the quest chain via LFR. There was no true grinding.

    All there was is free stuff. For doing LFR I got epic items, tier and VP. But on top of that? Everyone can experience what a legendary quest chain feels like. Yes the grindy parts but also the thunderforge scenario and the celestial test. As well as getting legendary quality gems, a meta-gem and a BiS cloak that has amazing stats. Soon, it'll be a legendary quality cloak with even better stats.

    Just for doing LFR, which people did anyways for free epics and VP.

    People really need to stop feeling entitled to everything. No weapon was ever promised, they just said we'd get an orange texted item at the end.

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I've done the quest chain via LFR. There was no true grinding.

    All there was is free stuff. For doing LFR I got epic items, tier and VP. But on top of that? Everyone can experience what a legendary quest chain feels like. Yes the grindy parts but also the thunderforge scenario and the celestial test. As well as getting legendary quality gems, a meta-gem and a BiS cloak that has amazing stats. Soon, it'll be a legendary quality cloak with even better stats.

    Just for doing LFR, which people did anyways for free epics and VP.

    People really need to stop feeling entitled to everything. No weapon was ever promised, they just said we'd get an orange texted item at the end.
    Way to assume everyone who is upset did LFR the whole way. That's so shortsighted.

    It's not being debating that it was implied it'd be a cloak. It's annoyance that blizzard doesn't see what a bad move this is.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    We're "mad" because for a few months, we were under the apparent delusion that after all out effort, we would be rewarded with a legendary weapon and not an absolute joke like this.
    oh community how i love thee. no where has anyone stated that the final part of the legendery quest line would be a weapon. so if your operating under that assumption or self delusion its your own fault you have led yourself to dissapointment. if anything this quest chain has shown they have been trying to operate outside the box with ideas as far as legendery items. we dont even know what they look like, how powerfull they will be or what bonuses they will provide. but quick. everybody get up in arms!

  10. #30
    That's really harsh from Wrathion, that's it?! I sure hope it's over from his part but we get some seperate legendary questline, out of Wrathion to get something truly Legendary...

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    We're "mad" because for a few months, we were under the apparent delusion that after all out effort, we would be rewarded with a legendary weapon and not an absolute joke like this.
    The fact that you think its "an absolute joke" is pretty retarded tbh.

    I also love how everyone is jumping to conclusions like there isn't possibly anything else. How about we wait a bit? Datamining doesn't cover things that haven't been put in yet and there's always stuff in every patch that's never datamined.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    oh community how i love thee. no where has anyone stated that the final part of the legendery quest line would be a weapon. so if your operating under that assumption or self delusion its your own fault you have led yourself to dissapointment. if anything this quest chain has shown they have been trying to operate outside the box with ideas as far as legendery items. we dont even know what they look like, how powerfull they will be or what bonuses they will provide. but quick. everybody get up in arms!
    I never stated that I thought anyone mentioned we were getting a weapon, it's more of the fact that every expansion has had a legendary weapon at the end of it, so by following the tradition, most people assumed we would also get a weapon for this expansion, not a cape.

  13. #33
    Did people forget the Blue tweet posted on here a few weeks ago? Said not to expect a legendary weapon from Wrathion, but also not to expect NO legendary weapons.

    So I'm guessing some kind of RNG drop/other quest happens.

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,687
    Weapons are something you hand down the generations something you will cherish and wear on your back with pride even if the stats are worthless

    they are things of beauty which people take great pride in

    not some hideous jason colored dream cloak that you will prolly use to clean paintbrushes with once the stats become useless

    i mean who will admire in years to come some guys cloak that may sparkle a bit that you cant mog even if you wanted to

    I dont know anymore

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Way to assume everyone who is upset did LFR the whole way. That's so shortsighted.

    It's not being debating that it was implied it'd be a cloak. It's annoyance that blizzard doesn't see what a bad move this is.
    That's irrelevant. Being LFR or Normal doesn't really matter. I used LFR as an example because I do LFR.

    For normal raids, it's the same. People do raids for epics and/or for the challenge. They let everyone get a legendary as a bonus. Has everyone so quickly forgotten that for multiple expansions, legendaries were exclusive? They've now let everyone experience what it feels like and people are somehow shocked that they don't the same quality reward as when it's an exclusive reward? People should be thankful they got to experience things that would have otherwise been for a few people per a server like Shadowmourne was.

  16. #36
    If I took a shot every time someone said something was a SLAP IN THE FACE, I would have been dead years ago.

  17. #37
    People getting mad because one week into what will be about a 2/3 month PTR the only legendary reward there is any sign of is a cloak.

    Wow.

    This looks like it will be obtainable the first day. Do you seriously think after every other reward taking weeks that this thing we get the first day will be it ?

    There will be more to it. And, honestly, even if there's not -- it's too soon to get mad about it. If it goes live with no hint of another reward, go ahead and rage (even though I still think that'd be unwarranted, that would be the time for it)
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  18. #38
    i was hoping it would be a weapon
    specially that this one takes the longest to do.

  19. #39
    Maybe it will be a proper cloak like The lich kings. Altough If it's just a normal plain boring cloak, they probably should've gone with something more visual, like shoulders/head piece.
    Last edited by Sparkey; 2013-06-23 at 10:31 AM.
    Testing: Will probably be toooooo big.

  20. #40
    What people are talking about? First, anyone that read the quest from 5.3 knows he tells you that he will upgrade the cloak with his own power. Do you guys really thought that blizzard would give EVERYONE on the game an Legendary unbalanced weapon? For PvPers to cry on forums for the rest of the EXP?

    Second, what effort do you guys are talking about? All you need to do was do raids that you would do anyway.

    1 - Kill booses that you would kill anyway, take sigils.
    2- Take Valor points that you would take anyway to take valor gear and upgrades
    3- Kill bosses that you would kill anyway and take secrets
    4- Kill bosses that you would kill anyway and take runestones

    Bosses in any difficult, the only things in all questline that can be consider a "challenge", is the craft event and the spirit challenges for each role. AND they are a joke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •