Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Guys you all forgot about these.... http://www.wowhead.com/news=204099/m...or-every-class

    Just a bit of hope!

  2. #62
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    Wait... what if... what if 5.4 isn't the last patch of this expansion?
    Is possible. Blizz said that that Siege of orgrimmar is the last patch before the next expansion, but they can always change their mind and do otherwise.

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I can agree with this.

    You don't blow this amount of time and effort for a cloak. At the very least this cloak better function as a flying mount.
    You didn't blow time and effort on anything. You played the game as much as you probably would have without the quests, but had to pray for some RNG along the way. Let's not get too theatrical.

  4. #64
    Oh well, at least's it one less BiS piece we have to worry about farming up, and (in theory) one less item on the loot table to allow for other interesting stuff. Personally, the idea of the quest chain giving a weapon at the end is kind of...unsatisfying to me, simply because everyone and their brother is going to have it. I think the game is better off without legendary weapons, and I'd just prefer they have a plethora of truly badass weapons (preferably proc weapons, similar to DS) for every class. Legendary weapons just have a habit of causing guild drama, causing otherwise loyal raiders to flee for better guilds because "ZOMG LEGENDARIES ARE OP MUST RECRUIT ALL WHO HOLD THIS WEAPON," and overall are just a pain in the neck to balance around. Only my opinion though, ultimately it's Blizz's game, and I will probably still enjoy it anyhow.

  5. #65
    Dreadlord Pisholina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Posts
    990
    I like to look at this from the lorw perspective. The child of the Worldbreaker is unweiling the horrors coming to Azeroth and tries to make you more powerful. He creates this magnificient cloak enhanced with the Strength of the White Tiger, Fortitude of the Black Ox, Hope of the Red Crane and the Wisdom of the Jade Serpent. He even goes so far as to give his own essence to make you more powerful and the champion, for all the troubles, says: "THAT'S IT? I GOT A CLOAK? I WAS EXPECTING A WEAPON, YOU DICK! MY THUNDERFORGED WEAPON OF IMMENSE POWER ISN'T ENOUGH TO KILL ORCS ON STEROIDS, I MEAN, COME ON!"

    That said, I play for the storyline. The rewards I get are just a bonus along the way in my case.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    You didn't blow time and effort on anything. You played the game as much as you probably would have without the quests, but had to pray for some RNG along the way. Let's not get too theatrical.
    Actually, I've been running ToT LFR for almost nothing if it weren't for the god damned Secrets of the Empire since I've gathered all the drops I could from it for my MS and have been using my coins on Nalakk thanks to raids not looking for a melee in their Normal ToT runs : /

    But knowing how any legendary item I get to obtain will be covered in dust within one year's time as long as its story is good, I have no problems with even getting a legendary pet etc.

  7. #67
    The level of entitled whining in this thread is delicious.

    Can you imagine how imbalanced the game would become if they had to design a legendary weapon for every class/spec? Cloaks, combined with the meta and the weapon gem (which you should be able to use in SoO gear) will give you a big boost in power already.

    "I don't play for the loot," my arse!

  8. #68
    The Patient Leefa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lurking outside your window
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    Guys you all forgot about these.... http://www.wowhead.com/news=204099/m...or-every-class

    Just a bit of hope!
    Assuming they will be used for the legendary quest, they could merely be icons for procs attached to the cloak. Or, they could be among the other billion things they added but didn't use. Or it could be icons for future use. All we do know is that blues have said it won't be a weapon, and nothing in the quest line hints a weapon.
    Tank dies = Maybe healer's fault
    Healer dies = Tank's fault
    DPS dies = Their own bloody fault

  9. #69
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,076
    Hey guys, didn't realize all of you knew what actually happened to the cloak.

    Yay for overreacting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  10. #70
    Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    Guys you all forgot about these.... http://www.wowhead.com/news=204099/m...or-every-class

    Just a bit of hope!
    I'm glad someone linked this again. I knew I remembered reading about this back during beta but couldn't bother to find the news for it. It's my hope that they don't just leave it on a legendary cloak. It's not about it being Orange for most of us, but that a weapon at the end of the chain, even if it was epic but had awesome stats and a sick proc, would likely look extremely awesome.

    Look at the past legendaries. Thunderfury is the largest 1H sword in the game. Glaives are the only glaive-type weapons in the game. Shadowmourne has that smooth blue glow and the awesome proc visual effect. Now look at some epic weapons. Corrupted Ashbringer. An epic and corrupted version of the normal ashbringer, and this is a great example of what I mean by 'legendary quality epic'.

    I could care less if it's Orange. However, vanilla was the last legendary for me (tank), and it's been several expansions since most of us had one, while some still haven't had any for their spec at all (ferals). I figured that by giving everyone a legendary, they'd settle the argument of who'd get theirs next, and give us all something that looked awesome and had a sweet proc. As soon as it was hinted at that the legendary was a cloak, I stopped farming for it. I wasn't having a whole lot of fun on that character due to it being my main for 5+ years. I rolled an alt, and though I started the chain, I don't think I'll finish it. It's just not worth it for me to go and farm LFR beyond gear for something that no longer interests me. If they bring in weapons and the shield, I'll go for it again, but if it's just the cloak, fuck that shit.

    To put it in perspective, what was an otherwise awesome expansion will drop down to 4/10 (from 9/10) if they leave it at that. That's how big of a deal it is to me. These icons were datamined over a year ago, and it'll feel like they've been deliberately deceptive if they leave it as a cloak.
    [...]

  11. #71
    i hope the legendary cloak will have a tailored proc for everyone and not suck ballz for some specs and will be uber for others
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  12. #72
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'm glad someone linked this again. I knew I remembered reading about this back during beta but couldn't bother to find the news for it. It's my hope that they don't just leave it on a legendary cloak. It's not about it being Orange for most of us, but that a weapon at the end of the chain, even if it was epic but had awesome stats and a sick proc, would likely look extremely awesome.

    Look at the past legendaries. Thunderfury is the largest 1H sword in the game. Glaives are the only glaive-type weapons in the game. Shadowmourne has that smooth blue glow and the awesome proc visual effect. Now look at some epic weapons. Corrupted Ashbringer. An epic and corrupted version of the normal ashbringer, and this is a great example of what I mean by 'legendary quality epic'.

    I could care less if it's Orange. However, vanilla was the last legendary for me (tank), and it's been several expansions since most of us had one, while some still haven't had any for their spec at all (ferals). I figured that by giving everyone a legendary, they'd settle the argument of who'd get theirs next, and give us all something that looked awesome and had a sweet proc. As soon as it was hinted at that the legendary was a cloak, I stopped farming for it. I wasn't having a whole lot of fun on that character due to it being my main for 5+ years. I rolled an alt, and though I started the chain, I don't think I'll finish it. It's just not worth it for me to go and farm LFR beyond gear for something that no longer interests me. If they bring in weapons and the shield, I'll go for it again, but if it's just the cloak, fuck that shit.

    To put it in perspective, what was an otherwise awesome expansion will drop down to 4/10 (from 9/10) if they leave it at that. That's how big of a deal it is to me. These icons were datamined over a year ago, and it'll feel like they've been deliberately deceptive if they leave it as a cloak.
    Show me where they said we were getting a weapon.

    They said a legendary.

    Everyone should've expected this from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  13. #73
    ITT: People that don't read quest text

  14. #74
    The Patient gorocz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pilsen, Czech Republic
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    All we do know is that blues have said it won't be a weapon, and nothing in the quest line hints a weapon.
    Yes, but they said no weapon from the quest line, not no weapon at all... Legendary weapons have their own story behind them, their own name. Can you imagine Shadowmourne being any type of weapon (to cater to all classes)? Or Fangs of the Fager being a Staff (some sort of twin staff, I presume)? A cloak can have any type of stats without having it change the name. Weapons can't (Quel'Delar couldn't)

    There yet might be a legendary weapon, but maybe just for a couple of classes (like ordinary legendaries are). Too bad it probably won't be Gorehowl since it already is in the game.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    Guys you all forgot about these.... http://www.wowhead.com/news=204099/m...or-every-class

    Just a bit of hope!
    I guess It's pretty dated, because the procs they listed are from MoP BoA rares.
    Testing: Will probably be toooooo big.

  16. #76
    As long as the cloaks will flap in the wind I'm happy!

  17. #77
    Wrathion... the Rick Astley of Warcraft. Seriously, "never gonna give you up..." should be in the tooltip for these cloaks

  18. #78
    Scarab Lord Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    4,966
    Sure the 5.3 dialogue mentions improving the Cloak, that doesn't mean I can't feel let down. Before this expansion every legendary has been a weapon, now we get a triple stat piece of cloth on our back that most players choose to hide, really fucking legendary right?

  19. #79
    Honestly, it's been obvious since day 1 of the xpac that it wouldn't be a weapon, and it's been obvious since 5.3 that it would be a cloak.

    I pity the people in this thread who clearly lack reading comprehension skills when it comes to quests.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  20. #80
    Ofcourse it's going to be a legendary weapon, I bet when you return the Garrosh quest there will be some twist which then triggers another couple of quests which then you get a legendary.
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •