Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

5.4 new island: The Timeless Isle and Wratheon's new quests

Some people have been able to figure this out, but what led to this discovery was actually Wratheon's 5.4 Legendary Quest chain. The island is located off the southeast corner of Jade Forest. For edification sake here are the quests in question:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/33087-me...ack-at-the-inn - Initial quest upon 5.4's release.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/33088-a-timeless-discovery - Going to Timeless Isle

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/33098-se...-timeless-isle - Collecting 50 Timeless Coins that drop from anything and everything on the isle

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/33100-the-emperors-way - Killing the four Celestials on the isle. The Celestials are considered world bosses

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/33104-a-pandaren-legend - Augmenting your ilvl 600 cloak

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/33105-ju...e-black-prince - Killing Garrosh

So I hoped onto the PTR and located the general location of the island

However, similar to how Blizzard locked areas during Beta, you couldn't quite get there yet. If you got too close, you were ported back to the Jade Forest Mainland. Due to the distance between the mainland and the island, there is an area where you will get fatigued. Once near the island there is a SLIVER of an area where you can move around a little bit without triggering the porting and not getting fatigued. I took two screenshots to show the depth and magnitude of the island. If someone can get better shots please supply.

TOM_RUS was able to Hunter Eagle Eye into the island and came up with a nice set of images, including showing the Celestials

http://imgur.com/a/OMmxv

TOM also posted a video of what to expect on the isle.

Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-06-23 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathion
    I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. You are on your own.
    Really? A cloak? I no longer want to be your friend.

Nice find.

Lame, so after everything all we get is a stronger cloak? I am disappointed.

A cloak

well thats just killed my erection

Fuck you wrathion i shouldve flushed your egg down the toilet when i had the chance!

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT !!!??? Where is my legendary, orange name-colored 2 handed weapon... Im disappointed so much.

Damn, more i found about 5.4 news i started to don't like this patch. Nazgrim as boss, ugly weapons and now that legendary. Well i just hope warrior t16 will be a blast.
    Last edited by Felarion; 2013-06-23 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Well I'd say a lv 600 cloak with three secondary stats is kinda hot. But yeah maybe a bit boring

10+ Year Old Account
    There is prbly more to the Legendary Quest that hasn't been revealed yet it prbly gunna be a big surprise !! We are still in the early stages of PTR.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    The 5.3 quests clearly stated that the next step would be improving the cloak. The only doubt was whether that was the final step, or 5.5 had something else. The "I have no reward to offer you" part doesn't mean that 5.5 don't get a new chapter. Just that you already got the 5.4 reward on the previous quest.

Don't get all those "dissapointment!!!". Everyone knew 5.4 was a better cloak.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-06-23 at 09:19 AM.

"I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. You are on your own.
    End Hellscream's reign."

Worst lines in a legendary quest series...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    tbh, I hope these quest texts are placeholders. I don't see a coherent story for this branch.

Legendary cloaks would be nice. Shaped as dragon's wings, perhaps?

There also undoubtedly will be a scene after you turn in the Garrosh kill quest.

Either way, awesome find OP!

Man how disappointing. A cloak upgrade is the last thing I and everyone else wanted, we were expecting weapons not a slap in the face.

I'm just hoping there's more to the quest chain.

I suppose some kind of proc on the Legendary Cloak would be pretty bad-ass, especially if we can still use our Legendary Meta in T16.

But, yeah...we'll see. It's still quite early.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Really? A cloak? I no longer want to be your friend.

Nice find.
    Lol epic troll wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Legendary cloaks would be nice. Shaped as dragon's wings, perhaps?
    I would only ever welcome a cloak legendary if it granted me wings!

Did people seriously expect it would be anything besides a cloak? Did you even read the quest dialogue, specifically what Wrathion says when you're rewarded your 5.3 cloak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Don't get all those "dissapointment!!!". Everyone knew 5.4 was a better cloak.
    Except 90% of the posters in this thread, obviously.

I just died a little inside..such a colossal waste of effort for a cloak..

was really hoping blizzard would wise up and realize it's such a terrible idea to string people along for an entire expansion for this.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

What are you guys mad about? It was kind of confirmed we'd get ilvl 600 legendary cloaks in 5.4, or most predicted that. The quest text seems kinda odd though, you're not on your own, are you? YOu still have your raid and possibly other heroes to help you defeat Garrosh.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    What are you guys mad about? It was kind of confirmed we'd get ilvl 600 legendary cloaks in 5.4, or most predicted that. The quest text seems kinda odd though, you're not on your own, are you? YOu still have your raid and possibly other heroes to help you defeat Garrosh.

*shrug*
    We're "mad" because for a few months, we were under the apparent delusion that after all out effort, we would be rewarded with a legendary weapon and not an absolute joke like this.