Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Weapons are something you hand down the generations something you will cherish and wear on your back with pride even if the stats are worthless

they are things of beauty which people take great pride in

not some hideous jason colored dream cloak that you will prolly use to clean paintbrushes with once the stats become useless

i mean who will admire in years to come some guys cloak that may sparkle a bit that you cant mog even if you wanted to

I dont know anymore
    this is about the only criticism i can stand by. Blizzards ability to design a back piece that doesn't look like absolute garbage is nearly non-existent.

Guys....guys......what if the cloak.....is wings? O.O

Haha, joking, but who knows? Lets not jump to conclusions before we even see it. People love to complain about things they don't know about. Calm down =P

Just wanted to share since it's relevant, tried to get some video of the island. Involves me trying to far sight as well. Not everyone may enjoy it, but might give some more perspective than just the pictures.

For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I think you're all missing something very important. There is NO legendary weapon whatsoever? We've had legendary weapons in every expansion

Well, I don't really care about the cape thing that much due to "not to expect a legendary weapon from Wrathion, but also not to expect NO legendary weapons." tweet.

However, looking at it, 5.4 quests for the "legendary" feels too underwhelming compared to that of what we have gotten in 5.2 which leads me to believe that SoO will be the BT of MoP and they will pull a Sunwell as well as getting our legendary from someone else by combining the sha-touched weapon, the breath and the crown.

Do you guys really thought that blizzard would give EVERYONE on the game an Legendary unbalanced weapon? For PvPers to cry on forums for the rest of the EXP?
    That's how legendarys have always been in PvP. Why would it change now? BTW it hasn't.

Deleted
    geez people calm down, we will get our legendary weapons after we bring Garrosh head to Wrathion, I'm sure of it.

what is interesting, that he order us to kill celestials? wait what? really???

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    geez people calm down, we will get our legendary weapons after we bring Garrosh head to Wrathion, I'm sure of it.

what is interesting, that he order us to kill celestials? wait what? really???
    Orders us to fight and 'defeat' not kill.

Did he order us to KILL them, or to "defeat" them. And why exactly are we to Defeat them? Is it a challenge to prove our might? or something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Orders us to fight and 'defeat' not kill.
    OP described this quest as killing them,
    but even if it's only defeat, why? - Wrathion is really dropping his mask now,
    maybe we will get our legendary from his stinky corpse in 5.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Did he order us to KILL them, or to "defeat" them. And why exactly are we to Defeat them? Is it a challenge to prove our might? or something else.
    It's to do with the challenges the first Pandaren Emperor undertook.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can actually fly around the whole island as long you stay in the fatigue-zone. When you get close to island to the island area then you get teleported. Viewing is very limited this way. But there are a couple of spots where you can regenerate your fatigue without getting teleported.

Here is a closer view of the temple on the Timeless Isle:

Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-06-23 at 11:29 AM.

It's what the Panderan Emperor did, I guess it's a test before we face the sha of pride.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's how legendarys have always been in PvP. Why would it change now? BTW it hasn't.
    The difference is that in other exp, only one limited role had legendary weapons, and very few players had them, now every1 would had them. People are talking like they made are REALLY GREAT EFFORT to have this legendary cloak, and they needed to do were LFR bosses that they would do anyway.
    Last edited by AvatarM; 2013-06-23 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    oh community how i love thee. no where has anyone stated that the final part of the legendery quest line would be a weapon.
    Considering all we have ever had is legendary weapons (ignoring the Mount and that random necklace in MC) I think it's pretty acceptable to of assumed we would be getting a weapon this time around, especially considering the length of the chain, a weapon just screams "legendary" whereas a cloak is simply "meh".

If they truely wanted to impress and go outside the box, then a trinket would of been the next step.

There is almost certainly more to the quest than just upgrading the cloak. A blue hinted some time ago that we shouldn't delete our sha-touched weapons yet because you never know when they might be useful again, so obviously this isn't it. Maybe there will be 5.5 patch, there certainly is plenty of time left for one.

OP made a slight mistake is all. It says in the link they have that the Celestials are willing to face us.

Recently, the August Celestials of Pandaria presented you with a challenge - and you triumphed.

But can you defeat them in combat? They are testing the mettle of all of Pandaria's heroes.

This challenge is not impossible, but you'll need to follow the advice of the last Pandaren Emperor and approach this challenge with unwavering inner strength. You'll also need a small army, so find a group of people you trust.

Defeat the four celestials, and our journey is almost complete...
    Here is Chi-ji's sound files for his boss fight, his and the other celestials teach their virtues as you fight them(hope, strength, wisdom. fortitude)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7zKWLe7j8
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2013-06-23 at 11:28 AM.

Some people hold themselves too highly these days. All the work for the legendary quest isn't really any work at all since you would've gotten the rep and quest items regardless if you are a raider. It certainly does not warrant a free legendary weapon.

I look forward to further development on the PTR, I wonder if there's more to the questline. So many questions...

Are the Timeless Isle mobs elite or just standard 90's? Are the drop rates horrid or high? Are the world bosses 40 man'ish or 10 man'ish? What's the lore for it all? Any unique effects on the legendary cloak? Does it have a unique look? Only bit of SoO is killing Garrosh?

Too bad it's a cloak, I don't like cloaks on my troll warrior. So unless it's a unique awesome cloak of unmitigated badassery I'll just have a bit higher stats.

Oh well, I'll look forward to the end of it all nonetheless.

Deleted
    Wait... what if... what if 5.4 isn't the last patch of this expansion?