Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wanted pandas, you got pandas. Their way is peaceful and they won't give you weapons. I hope you're all happy.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You wanted pandas, you got pandas. Their way is peaceful and they won't give you weapons. I hope you're all happy.
    Have you even played MoP? :P

Sure Pandaren work towards the greater good of peace (same as most races on the planet), but their methods of dealing with problems, especially the Shado-Pan, are about as far from "peaceful" as you can get.

Tunnel vision ftw it seems.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Guys, while the Chain may only give a cloak, there was a datamined quest which sends at least the horde players to Saurfang that requires gathering raid items which sounds a lot like a legendary quest. Although it was from the brawlers guild, but based on evidence in the datamined stuff, blizzard are using the Brawlers guild for placeholder.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Guys, while the Chain may only give a cloak, there was a datamined quest which sends at least the horde players to Saurfang that requires gathering raid items which sounds a lot like a legendary quest. Although it was from the brawlers guild, but based on evidence in the datamined stuff, blizzard are using the Brawlers guild for placeholder.
    Truly hoping for that, a seperate questline would both be awesome to get the weapon as we should and refreshing from Wrathion for a change after this whole expansion surrounded by him.

Also it's flagged as a warrior, perhaps Warrior only legendary like the end of Cataclysm had? Cloak for everyone + this addition only for warriors, would put me in a relief at least that we get some kind of a hopefully good chain quest for an actual legendary weapon.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2013-06-23 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Truly hoping for that, a seperate questline would both be awesome to get the weapon as we should and refreshing from Wrathion for a change after this whole expansion surrounded by him.
    Would be nice, but it sucks if warriors get yet another weapon. I guess they didn't get one last expansion, but that was the only one they didn't Guess being a mage I'm just pissed my guild stopped doing FL the moment the guy before me got his legendary despite them saying they would do for me

Deleted
    Considering we're killing a guy who is Sha empowered you could assume that Sha-touched weapons will be coming back along with him allowing the use of the 500-stat gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Keblow View Post
    Considering we're killing a guy who is Sha empowered you could assume that Sha-touched weapons will be coming back along with him allowing the use of the 500-stat gems.
    Makes sense that the super proc weapons from Garrosh would also be sha touched

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Have you even played MoP? :P

Sure Pandaren work towards the greater good of peace (same as most races on the planet), but their methods of dealing with problems, especially the Shado-Pan, are about as far from "peaceful" as you can get.

Tunnel vision ftw it seems.
    Yeah, because Kung Fu panda way is so lethal. Give me a break, you probably played something else.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because Kung Fu panda way is so lethal. Give me a break, you probably played something else.
    I'm actually wondering if you even played the expansion. The Shado-Pan resort to assassination, sabotage, turning their enemy's weapons against them (such as using Yaungol oil barrels to BURN YAUNGOL AND MANTID ALIVE), and give no quarter to their enemies. Almost everything you do with them involves basically annihilating anyone who threatens the peace of Pandaria, be it Yaungol, Mantid or Sha. They're trained killers, basically a mixture of ninjas and samurai, who spend their entire lives training in their ancient monastery to do the dirty, despicable things that the other Pandaren refuse to do.

That is totally Kung Fu Panda, right?

And unfortunately this guy represents a large portion of the community when it comes to actually understanding story and reading quest texts to actually see what's going on.

Oh well, a community can't be entirely decent people i suppose, one can dream.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    We're "mad" because for a few months, we were under the apparent delusion that after all out effort, we would be rewarded with a legendary weapon and not an absolute joke like this.
    What illusion? Blizzard never once implied the chain would end with a weapon reward and everybody who's actually completed the chain up to this point already knew that the current ilvl 600 cloak is due for an upgrade next content patch to add Wrathion's own powers to those of the Celestials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    What illusion? Blizzard never once implied the chain would end with a weapon reward and everybody who's actually completed the chain up to this point already knew that the current ilvl 600 cloak is due for an upgrade next content patch to add Wrathion's own powers to those of the Celestials.
    Now that I've had time to actually go through the quests though, never has a legendary reward been handed out before the questline's culmination, which in this instance, if it's the cloak, it would be. Doesn't make much sense right? Maybe they are hiding something at the end, or using placeholders to conceal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    I'm actually wondering if you even played the expansion. The Shado-Pan resort to assassination, sabotage, turning their enemy's weapons against them (such as using Yaungol oil barrels to BURN YAUNGOL AND MANTID ALIVE), and give no quarter to their enemies. Almost everything you do with them involves basically annihilating anyone who threatens the peace of Pandaria, be it Yaungol, Mantid or Sha. They're trained killers, basically a mixture of ninjas and samurai, who spend their entire lives training in their ancient monastery to do the dirty, despicable things that the other Pandaren refuse to do.

That is totally Kung Fu Panda, right?
    Ignore the troll. He's just trying to derail the thread.

I hope the new island isn't daily heavy. Got enough already! But more World Event preparation for the Seige of Ogrimmar would be good. Just so long as its not grindy.

Also, there is room for legendary weapons further down the line. Patience, young grasshoppers!

10+ Year Old Account
    This better not fucking be true, a whole expansion for a fucking cloak. A FUCKING CLOAK! What a fucking waste of my dam time. They have the animation and design of a fucking sheet of iron.

Please don't be true
    Please don't be true
    Please don't be true
    Please don't be true
    Please don't be true
    Please don't be true
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    I never stated that I thought anyone mentioned we were getting a weapon, it's more of the fact that every expansion has had a legendary weapon at the end of it, so by following the tradition, most people assumed we would also get a weapon for this expansion, not a cape.
    Armors are easier to balance around Blizzard's new "ilvl-squished-PVP" setup than weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    I suppose that this "feebdack" will teach Blizzard to not put legendaries on LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I suppose that this "feebdack" will teach Blizzard to not put legendaries on LFR.
    How did you even arrive at that conclusion from the information in this thread? Honestly, one of the most idiotic assumptions I have ever read.

Please go troll elsewhere, we are trying to have a civilised conversation here.

Who cares orange text and stats on a different slot than you expected. Oh teh noes! What will you ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    The real raiders are prolly just as much pissed as the lfr raiders are

Hell if they gave the lfr a cloak and the real raiders something better maybe we could discuss lfr in this discussion

Bottom line is they made everyone jump through so many hoops just for a cloak talk about bait and switch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    How did you even arrive at that conclusion from the information in this thread? Honestly, one of the most idiotic assumptions I have ever read.

Please go troll elsewhere, we are trying to have a civilised conversation here.
    Er.. how is that trolling? The only persons that are saying that they would have stopped going to raids if they knew this, and they got to work hard for it are the LFR only people. Everyone else just kept raiding to finish the tier or to get gear for the next patch and the work they had to do to get the legendary quest was exactly zero.