Thread: New to WoW

New to WoW

Hi,
    I'm fairly new to WoW and i've now got a lvl 86 Arms Warrior, I haven't changed my abilities in my bottom action bar since lvl 20 as I dont know what is good. I was wondering if it was worth changing to fury now and/or if there was a guide for setting up abilities or which abilities are good to use.

Thanks

http://www.icy-veins.com/ helps a ton, I suggest going there for a guide to your class. Also wowpopular.com is great for finding out what glyphs/talents/gems are most popular for your class/spec.

Deleted
    If you're new, then honestly, focus on getting some damage out. Prioritize the buttons that do damage. Line them up 1-7 in a priority list or whatever you feel is comfortable. Learn the priority of them, then place them where they suit you good.

I have my rotation/spam abilities on 1-4, some core spell on my mouse (heroic strike, mage bomb, starfall) that can be clicked fast as soon as I need to, I have a smaller CD on Tab that should always be pushed on CD, no matter what line-up of Cooldowns I have, I have my bigger CDs on X and Z and I have a very important cooldown or CC that isn't tied to a macro on § (x and z are macros of several CDs together. Z is often a pot, x is every CD apart from the § CD)

http://i.imgur.com/q8kEz6a.png

Here's my action bars on my fury warrior. å, ä, ö, ' are buttons on my mouse. This is what I feel comfortable with.

(It's a locked lvl 80 char, that's why some abilities are missing)

What is better at the moment for DPS, Fury or Arms?

Deleted
    for pve it will become fury but while lvling i would stick with arms/prot

for pvp arms will become the best option but at low level prot is best.

you can also open more slots and fix up the interface in the various interface options.

both icy veins and noxxic internet sites will explain everything you need to know about your class so visit those.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me wants to list a bunch of websites, recommend addons and ui customization, map out a good path to gearing.

But the other part just wants to say you should play the game and just enjoy Pandaria. When you get to 90 the websites will all still be there, as will many players that can help you prepare your character for any endgame you hope to reach.

My only real advice would be to try all the specs, even prot (because ALL warriors should know HOW to tank, even if they main dps), play around with everything and figure out how your abilities work. Try fun things, mix and match talents, and really find what makes warrior fun for you.

Good luck!
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Like others have said go to icy-veins and noxxic to get information on your class / spec. As for dps you shouldn't be worried about spec much between fury and arms w/e you have better weapons for will normally be the best bet and the spec you can play better. At lower ilvl's arms actually outperforms fury, it's not really until 522+ where fury is noticeably stronger. The best thing you can do is to keybind pretty much anything you'll be using during a fight rebind 7 to = keys on the default bars to other binds ( you can keep 7 I suppose of your hand is big enough to hit 7 without taking your other fingers off "wasd" or "esdf". Biggest thing is to not get frustrated when you're first playing with new keybinds, it takes time to build that muscle memory but it'll make you a much better player in the end.

Deleted
    For leveling you probably want to stick to Arms, at low ilvl Arms is more consistant damage than Fury this is due Fury, Fury can be very RNG at low Crit relying on Crit alot which isn't very high at low ilvl once you get abit higher say about 515-520ish Fury should scale higher than Arms.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    For leveling you probably want to stick to Arms, at low ilvl Arms is more consistant damage than Fury this is due Fury, Fury can be very RNG at low Crit relying on Crit alot which isn't very high at low ilvl once you get abit higher say about 515-520ish Fury should scale higher than Arms.
    seems like you havent leveled a warrior recently^^ Actually prot is totally OP up to level ~ 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    for pve it will become fury but while lvling i would stick with arms/prot

for pvp arms will become the best option but at low level prot is best.

you can also open more slots and fix up the interface in the various interface options.

both icy veins and noxxic internet sites will explain everything you need to know about your class so visit those.

Noxxic is incredibly shit, icy veins isn't much better but at least it doesn't tell you to "heroic throw during CS."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Noxxic is incredibly shit, icy veins isn't much better but at least it doesn't tell you to "heroic throw during CS."
    was there a point to your post? you could have said where this new guy should have gone instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    was there a point to your post? you could have said where this new guy should have gone instead
    Hell of a lot more than yours.

But there really are almost no guide warrior tools out there, except requiels guide on this forum, or in game.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-06-25 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Hell of a lot more than yours.
    Have to agree. Don't go to Noxxic vChrisz, it's a terrible website.

Have fun, try out all the specs and just do what feels right like someone else said above. Not many sites explain Arms very well atm, I think Icy-Veins is okay though. For Fury you can again check out Icy Veins or the guide here on mmo-c.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warrior-Guide

10+ Year Old Account
    check you tube also-some great videos on there on how to play wow/warriors.its nice to have a video so you can actually see how to make macro/set up your toon.people can tell you how to do it,but a video can show you how to do it.

There is a guide on the forums for warriors.

The priority for Arms shown on Icy Veins looks pretty reasonable to me. It'll vary a bit based on how long you expect a target to live, how much burst you're looking for, and a few other things, but you can largely sort those out by feel, I think. Honestly when you're leveling, the damage buttons aren't going to make a big difference whether you're fully on point with them or not, so long as you're MSing on cooldown, hitting CS when it's up and the target will live a bit, and smashing either OP or Slam, you'll be fine for damage. Focus on learn to use your other tools so you'll be more comfortable PvPing and such later.

If you really want to spice things up, jump any of the opposite faction you see. Sure you'll die plenty while you're learning... but you'll be learning!

coming from someone who played up until pandaland I say don't bother, find yourself a better game, wow is utter shit now.
    right now im looking forward to Wildstar..hopefully it doesnt suck

Infracted. Trolling/game bashing is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-06-30 at 05:28 PM.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any good Arms guides anywhere? I've got my alt Warrior fresh to 90 and I want to give Arms a try on him but I just can't find a guide that isn't on icy-veins/noxxic.