Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shredder mount icon datamined?

So I was checking the icons that were posted ealier this week and I was reading their names on the low left of the screen. The first icon was saying "Shredder mount", pic posted below, I highlighted the icon and it's info with red color using a drawing program.
    Not sure if anyone else noticed it yet so thought I should post it :>
    http://imageshack.us/f/850/522g.png/
    Also I didn't say that it will be Garrosh's mount.
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2013-06-23 at 02:27 PM.

There's a datamined model too

Deleted
    Oh wow! I guess Mmo-champion isn't the fastest site to upload datamined stuff! My bad >_<

Some say it's the mount we get after killing Garrosh, I can't remember if it was on Heroic or not.

Ummmmmmmmm.... I don't think that's a mount.... For one thing it doesn't look as if it can fly. It looks like an upgraded version of those shredder bots goblins ride in if you ask me. I think it's nothing but an enemy model.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you people think it'd be a mount? I don't see a seat and I reaaally doubt blizzard will introduce a mount where you can't see the person riding it without it being a transformation.

I don't see Garrosh dropping a shredder as a mount. Why would he drop a mount that has nothing to do with Orcs? I think it may be a mount one of the goblins drop. Kinda like Ji-Kun, Ultraxion, and Aly all drop a mount midway through the instance.

Deleted
    The picture I linked has a shredder icon that looks identical to the purple shredder in the video... And that icon has the name "ability_shreddermount" or something along those lines. That's what makes me think it will be a mount. Also just because it doesn't fly it doesn't mean it can't be a raid mount. Horridon drops a ground mount too. I bet it will drop from that "Blackfuse" boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, notice there are four color variations.
    Could it be that one drop in heroic, one in normal, one in flexible, and one in LFR?

A mount like that would be fun.

Make it able to jump really high in places where you can fly. Make it take no falling damage.

I'd use the hell out of it.

you can probably use shredders at some point in the Orgrimmar raid. I don't think it's an actual mount. The mount Garrosh drops is a War Wolf mount.

Only way that's a mount is if you transform into it...

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think that the model is not a mount, but an NPC/mob instead. Fact that it has a similar icon is odd of course.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Well in the same breath we are getting a new engineering mount since I'm assuming the Sky Claw got axed.

I believe from other discussions that the "mount" actually has a number of combat animations, attacking etc.
    So I do not think it is a mount in the traditional sense, but more a vehicle used during a SoO encounter.

Deleted
    I thought it might have something to do with the Blackfuse fight, like you mount it during the fight or something. I just can't imagine having this Shredder as a mount, but then again, Yogg Saron did drop Mimiron's Head, so anything is possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    The picture I linked has a shredder icon that looks identical to the purple shredder in the video... And that icon has the name "ability_shreddermount" or something along those lines. That's what makes me think it will be a mount. Also just because it doesn't fly it doesn't mean it can't be a raid mount. Horridon drops a ground mount too. I bet it will drop from that "Blackfuse" boss.
    If I remember correctly, the old shredders also had icons that implied that it was a mount, but the only times they're used as a mount is when it's a controllable vehicle for a quest.

So this could easily be a vehicle for a bossfight in SoO, or perhaps during a quest in the Vale.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it may have an appearance in SoO as an NPC or part of a bossfight (Siegecrafter Blackfuse has his own mount model, but "lesser shredders" could be part of the fight or surrounding trash), but I would also like to point out that when Blizzard was inquired about the datamined "Sky Claw" engineering mount, the response was that it didn't work out, and they were working on a different engineering mount instead for 5.4. I don't exactly doubt that this is what they were talking about.

This is the boss shredder, please don't mistake this model for that. It is obviously a mount, we will just have to wait and see where from, heroic Garrosh wouldn't be a surprise even if it doesn't "fit". Also, if u look at it's back he has 2 metal wings of some sort so maybe it's a flying Shredder :3.
    Also, Eon Drache, Kor'kron War Wolf is a reward from Ahead of the Curve achievement not a direct drop from Garrosh.

The mounts are vehicles used during the boss encounter.