First gaming pc build!!

• Budget $1,800
    • Resolution 1920x1080
    • Games Desired Wow, guild wars 2, battlefield and any other game. I would like to play them on the highest setting.
    • Other software Just everyday surfing the web, paying the bills and playing games. Will use it for storage of family photos.
    • Country US
    • I will need the operating system, and all peripherals.

This is what i have in mind so far but suggestions are really appreciated.

• CPU Intel core i5-4670k
    • cpu cooler Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo
    • Motherboard ASRock z87 Extreme4
    • memory Mushkin Blackline 8gb (2 x 4gb)
    • storage Samsung 840 series 250 gb SSD
      Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb
    • video card gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4gb
    • case Fractal Design Define R4 w/ window
    • power supply Corsair CX750M 750w
    • optical drive Lite-on DVD/CD Writer
    • operating system Microsoft Windows 8
    • Displays Need suggestions
    • Peripherals Need suggestions for speakers, keyboard and mouse

Should i go with the 3570k and an asrock extreme4 z77?
    How is the cpu cooler?
    I just picked the mushkin but i know i want a low profile memory so i don't run into any issues with the cpu cooler.
    Should i switch up my power supply.

I have never built a computer before but i have researched and have read these forums for years. Thanks in advance for your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($78.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($164.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Dell U2312HM 23.0" Monitor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($47.99 @ Newegg)
    Mouse: Logitech G9x Call Of Duty Edition Wired Laser Mouse ($43.88 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1614.72
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-23 10:50 EDT-0400)

- Haswell runs hot so in the range of 4.2-4.5 your good with the more expensive Noctua fan.
    - Your PSU have no place in a expensive quality build, switched to one of the best PSU's out now.
    - 3570k vs 4670k depends on how high overclock your going, 4.5GHz on Haswell is 5 GHz on Ivy.
    - The motherboard I suggested will handle whatever Haswell can take in the 4.2-4.6 GHz region.
    - U2312HM is not a fast monitor but an IPS, your games are gonna look stunning, but games will feel slow in fast paced games compared to 120/144 Hz monitors.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-06-23 at 02:56 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

The dell ips monitor seems nice but when you say it seems slow.....how slow are we talking? Is it because of the 8ms response time? Thanks for the psu suggestion, it has great reviews. The crucial ballistix reviews kinda scare me though. Since this is my first computer I'm worried about it not turning on for the first time :/.

Deleted
    I'd change a couple of things, but they're mostly due to personal preference:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($78.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($164.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Dell U2312HM 23.0" Monitor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($47.99 @ Newegg)
    Mouse: Logitech G9x Call Of Duty Edition Wired Laser Mouse ($43.88 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1659.72
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-23 13:30 EDT-0400)

The bolded parts are the ones I've changed, which ups the price a little.

Just stay away from Asrock and otherwise you're good. Go with Asus (better fancontrol and overall software + uefi)

Also for mouse and keyboard, i can recommend a mechanical keyboard (pick whichever cherrymx you like) and a Razer Deathadder 2013 especially since you play fps games. Reason i recommend the razer, is because of the sensor. It's the best for fps-games and also it's got a very nice rubbering at the sides so you get good grip of the mouse.

Keyboards, you should go try them out in a shop that has them so you know which one will suite you the best. Personally i prefer Cherry MX Browns, but you should try out which ones suite you the best.
    Last edited by Manakuski; 2013-06-23 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakuski View Post
    Just stay away from Asrock and otherwise you're good...
    Care to elaborate?

The original build looks fine; the GPU would be better at 2GiB though, and the PSU is poor but should work. Don't recommend ODD's anymore. Get a USB one if you really need one, then you can use it for all of your builds/laptops et c.

The CPU cooler is fine. There are certainly better for less, but it's a safe bet.
    When it comes to the PSU, "switching it up" to a higher quality one? Yes. "Switching it up" to a higher wattage one? No, preferrably switching it down in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Its obviously part of past experience or rumors.

As example, the major shop-line in my country, used to have Asrock/ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI.

For the last 2 years they only have Gigabyte/MSI, apparently they had too many Asrock motherboards RMAing and complained at the company, which caused them to cease their relationships, along with ASUS for the obvious reason, people talk and talk and the bad rumor comes out, i am on the same ship, i do not trust Asrock, if i am gonna buy a motherboard simply go for ASUS instead, why go for the daughter company?

Motherboards nowadays are simply on past experiences, as example i trusted MSI with my eyes closed for 10 years now but lately there were issues, especially with the P67 series, i own one i know..And i lost my trust in them slightly, thats why my next Motherboard will be an ASUS which i havent had a problem/heard a complain since forever.

Its all situational as to which person had bad luck..Other people i know dont touch Gigabyte wit a ten foot pole.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-06-23 at 08:14 PM.

Whats up with everyone recommending fractal design cases?
    They look kinda cheap to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Whats up with everyone recommending fractal design cases?
    They look kinda cheap to me.
    As in inexpensive? Yes. As in poor quality? Probably not. For the price, they have good quality.