1. #1

    Votekick in BGs/RBGs/Arena/PvP Pet Battles

    I don't understand why we have votekick in 5-man/LFR, basically in PvE, but we cannot have it in PvP.

    BGs you can't even votekick party members, you only mark them AFK, but they could not be AFK just bad players and can't be kicked.

    Also, it's not really fun going into arena and fighting against an OP combo or people in full 496 PvP gear when you're barely level 90. It's not fun leveling 3 level 25 blue pets only to get a combo that completely destroy you no matter the pet in PvP Pet Battles. There's also a problem of hax and exploitation sometimes. The way to solve this is to add an option to initiate votekick on your opponents, that way people can't exploit easy wins.

  2. #2
    Random battlegrounds are supposed to be the place where new players, or undergeared players, go to improve themselves. It's also supposed to be a relaxing experience where much isn't expected of you except to try. Don't you think that experience would be hindered by condescending jerks who tried to kick everyone they felt wasn't up to their par?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Random battlegrounds are supposed to be the place where new players, or undergeared players, go to improve themselves. It's also supposed to be a relaxing experience where much isn't expected of you except to try. Don't you think that experience would be hindered by condescending jerks who tried to kick everyone they felt wasn't up to their par?
    Problem is they come in quest greens, no enchants, terrible play, and just don't listen to any instructions. They want to be carried, well we should be able to turn the tables on them.

    At the very least, add a random BG league where only full malevolent or higher with no empty enchants or sockets are accepted.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,097
    You were new to the game once too. How do you expect people to learn? You've got ridiculous standards for a randomly-grouped and generally boring area of the game. If you want coordination and a standard of gear, play organized pvp. Find like-minded people and queue arena or rated battlegrounds.

    Different brackets lead to their own problems. In addition to the obvious twinking and queue time problems you'd run into, at some point--as they get their last piece of honor gear in your example--players would instantly start playing against a much more demanding selection of opponents (and teammates). Improving your character only to immediately feel weaker is not a good thing.

    Edit: By the way you do have a vote kick in random battlegrounds. It's labeled "report player afk." The big difference is that you need people to actually listen to your whining about a player and actively vote against them rather than thoughtlessly clicking "yes" on a popup interrupting their play.
    Last edited by nerdjames; 2013-06-25 at 12:31 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Problem is they come in quest greens, no enchants, terrible play, and just don't listen to any instructions. They want to be carried, well we should be able to turn the tables on them.

    At the very least, add a random BG league where only full malevolent or higher with no empty enchants or sockets are accepted.
    - Quest greens are all they have when they finish leveling, unless you expect them to fork out hundreds or thousands of gold for a still not competitive crafted set. If you feel that strongly about it, give them the gold for the crafted set. If not, you have no right to complain.

    - If they are in said quest gear, or even the crafted gear, nobody with sense would waste thousands of gold gemming and enchanting it only to replace it right away. And frankly, considering how much people charge for that crap, I can completely understand why some people even choose not to gem and enchant good gear. That choice is their business, not yours. And again, if you expect it, give them the gold for it. If not, you once again have no right to complain.

    - Nobody wants to be carried. Well I suppose some might, but not the majority. The game forces gear to be a factor in competitive play, something most of us would rather do without. Blame the designers for making it this way, not people for not already being decked out the moment they hit max level. Try to be realistic.

    - As for terrible play, it can be annoying at times, but everyone was new at some point, including you. Random battlegrounds are supposed to be the place to hone skills, so give them a break. Also, if you come off this condescending to them in game, is it really any surprise that they ignore you instead of doing what you say?

    - And finally, I would be okay with gear based brackets, but that might also make queues bad. Keep that in mind.

  6. #6
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    - Quest greens are all they have when they finish leveling, unless you expect them to fork out hundreds or thousands of gold for a still not competitive crafted set.
    Yes, sorry, but I do expect people wanting to play with a group of other random people to conform with some kind of minimum standard. Personally I think that random BGs should have a minimum ilevel type of requirement exactly the same as LFD/LFR - somewhere at least around a full set of crafted PvP ilevel 450 gear as a minimum.

    It's a question of respect for other players. Failing to spend any effort or time getting yourself geared up for pvp and then bringing your whole group down because of it simply isn't reasonable. If you expect other people to do the work to get you a win, I think it's only fair to ask you to organise a bit of gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If you feel that strongly about it, give them the gold for the crafted set. If not, you have no right to complain.
    If I have bothered to organise a full set of ilevel 450 blues before expecting others to help me win, I have every right to complain. Why should I be faced with a choice of:

    a) go on a losing streak in BGs because a few people can't be bothered to sort out some level of gear.
    b) pay money because a few people can't be bothered to sort out some level of gear?

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    - If they are in said quest gear, or even the crafted gear, nobody with sense would waste thousands of gold gemming and enchanting it only to replace it right away. And frankly, considering how much people charge for that crap, I can completely understand why some people even choose not to gem and enchant good gear. That choice is their business, not yours. And again, if you expect it, give them the gold for it. If not, you once again have no right to complain.
    The minumum standard should be reasonable. I am not expecting someone to spend tens of thousands of gold for their opening gear set. But if they aren't prepared to spend a few thousand, or alternatively farm the mats and craft their own gear, they shouldn't be allowed to queue. Doing some dailies or farming materials to get a bit of gold takes a bit of time. But when someone in ilevel 405 steps into a BG their team is basically being forced to play one man down and will more than likely lose. So because one lazy person wants to "save" a bit of time and effort by taking a shortcut, that is done at the expense of others. Causing 9-14 others to lose a battleground, thus wasting all their time, how is that fair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    - Nobody wants to be carried. Well I suppose some might, but not the majority. The game forces gear to be a factor in competitive play, something most of us would rather do without. Blame the designers for making it this way, not people for not already being decked out the moment they hit max level. Try to be realistic.
    Look, if someone can't even organise a set of 450 gear, they are lazy. That is all there is to it. That is not the designers' fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    - As for terrible play, it can be annoying at times, but everyone was new at some point, including you. Random battlegrounds are supposed to be the place to hone skills, so give them a break. Also, if you come off this condescending to them in game, is it really any surprise that they ignore you instead of doing what you say?
    Agreed. I can live with people who are new and still learning to play. We were all there at some time. However I do, as mentioned above, take a different view of someone who is just simply lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    - And finally, I would be okay with gear based brackets, but that might also make queues bad. Keep that in mind.
    The problem with different brackets is that it takes away any incentive one might have to put in the effort to get good gear. If you work at your pvp, you will have an advantage in BGs - which is only fair. If every time you improve your gear, your opponents also get tougher, then it feels like you aren't making progress.

    I suppose bracketed (by gear) BGs could work if the rewards got better the higher your bracket. The incentive to up your gear would then be to get into the higher brackets.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yes, sorry, but I do expect people wanting to play with a group of other random people to conform with some kind of minimum standard. Personally I think that random BGs should have a minimum ilevel type of requirement exactly the same as LFD/LFR - somewhere at least around a full set of crafted PvP ilevel 450 gear as a minimum.

    It's a question of respect for other players. Failing to spend any effort or time getting yourself geared up for pvp and then bringing your whole group down because of it simply isn't reasonable. If you expect other people to do the work to get you a win, I think it's only fair to ask you to organise a bit of gear.



    If I have bothered to organise a full set of ilevel 450 blues before expecting others to help me win, I have every right to complain. Why should I be faced with a choice of:

    a) go on a losing streak in BGs because a few people can't be bothered to sort out some level of gear.
    b) pay money because a few people can't be bothered to sort out some level of gear?



    The minumum standard should be reasonable. I am not expecting someone to spend tens of thousands of gold for their opening gear set. But if they aren't prepared to spend a few thousand, or alternatively farm the mats and craft their own gear, they shouldn't be allowed to queue. Doing some dailies or farming materials to get a bit of gold takes a bit of time. But when someone in ilevel 405 steps into a BG their team is basically being forced to play one man down and will more than likely lose. So because one lazy person wants to "save" a bit of time and effort by taking a shortcut, that is done at the expense of others. Causing 9-14 others to lose a battleground, thus wasting all their time, how is that fair?



    Look, if someone can't even organise a set of 450 gear, they are lazy. That is all there is to it. That is not the designers' fault.



    Agreed. I can live with people who are new and still learning to play. We were all there at some time. However I do, as mentioned above, take a different view of someone who is just simply lazy.



    The problem with different brackets is that it takes away any incentive one might have to put in the effort to get good gear. If you work at your pvp, you will have an advantage in BGs - which is only fair. If every time you improve your gear, your opponents also get tougher, then it feels like you aren't making progress.

    I suppose bracketed (by gear) BGs could work if the rewards got better the higher your bracket. The incentive to up your gear would then be to get into the higher brackets.
    quote 1. thats just stupid. on some servers a piece of blue pvp gear cost you 1k gold each. go ahead and spend 10k gold before you can even join a bg.

    quote 2. random bgs are to gear your self up. just like heroic dungeons/lfr raids are to gear up. you are probebly one of the people who makes a raid group for lk normal but expect full heroic lk gear.

    quote 3. lvl 450 pvp gear vs green 400 gear won't make a diffrent. because in both cases there dmg/hp suck.

    quote 4. you can't force random people to spend money. if you don't want to play with undergeared player why did you join a random bg? its even stupid you can kick people from a pve dungeon for no reason. and most people still vote yes for it.

  8. #8
    Lol, sure.

    Oh look, some guy in greens or no pvp gear who has the audacity of farming random bgs for gear. KIIIIIIIICCCKKKK!!

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 03:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Problem is they come in quest greens, no enchants, terrible play, and just don't listen to any instructions. They want to be carried, well we should be able to turn the tables on them.

    At the very least, add a random BG league where only full malevolent or higher with no empty enchants or sockets are accepted.
    Random bgs are EXACTLY for that purpose. If you get butthurt by people in crap gear and who don't know how to play, please do stick to rbgs and keep your elitism outside of randoms.
    Last edited by Khorine; 2013-06-25 at 03:17 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yes, sorry, but I do expect people wanting to play with a group of other random people to conform with some kind of minimum standard. Personally I think that random BGs should have a minimum ilevel type of requirement exactly the same as LFD/LFR - somewhere at least around a full set of crafted PvP ilevel 450 gear as a minimum.

    It's a question of respect for other players. Failing to spend any effort or time getting yourself geared up for pvp and then bringing your whole group down because of it simply isn't reasonable. If you expect other people to do the work to get you a win, I think it's only fair to ask you to organise a bit of gear.



    If I have bothered to organise a full set of ilevel 450 blues before expecting others to help me win, I have every right to complain. Why should I be faced with a choice of:

    a) go on a losing streak in BGs because a few people can't be bothered to sort out some level of gear.
    b) pay money because a few people can't be bothered to sort out some level of gear?



    The minumum standard should be reasonable. I am not expecting someone to spend tens of thousands of gold for their opening gear set. But if they aren't prepared to spend a few thousand, or alternatively farm the mats and craft their own gear, they shouldn't be allowed to queue. Doing some dailies or farming materials to get a bit of gold takes a bit of time. But when someone in ilevel 405 steps into a BG their team is basically being forced to play one man down and will more than likely lose. So because one lazy person wants to "save" a bit of time and effort by taking a shortcut, that is done at the expense of others. Causing 9-14 others to lose a battleground, thus wasting all their time, how is that fair?



    Look, if someone can't even organise a set of 450 gear, they are lazy. That is all there is to it. That is not the designers' fault.



    Agreed. I can live with people who are new and still learning to play. We were all there at some time. However I do, as mentioned above, take a different view of someone who is just simply lazy.



    The problem with different brackets is that it takes away any incentive one might have to put in the effort to get good gear. If you work at your pvp, you will have an advantage in BGs - which is only fair. If every time you improve your gear, your opponents also get tougher, then it feels like you aren't making progress.

    I suppose bracketed (by gear) BGs could work if the rewards got better the higher your bracket. The incentive to up your gear would then be to get into the higher brackets.
    Well, all I can say is that the PvP population would almost completely disappear if you were in charge of its design. You need to be doing rated BGs and arena if you take it so seriously, not random BGs. It has nothing to do with being lazy, either. It is utterly pointless to waste time farming or gold on useless items that will get replaced immediately and are not that good to begin with. Also, a lot of people who focus on PvP are the type you see in FPS and other MP games. We just get on to play a few matches, then get offline. I have no idea what item level my gear is, and could not care less. I level up, then I PvP until I get the PvP gear, then continue to PvP and enjoy that set, and then rinse and repeat each season and expansion. If you think that makes me lazy or bad somehow, so be it.

  10. #10
    Some massive posts here in response to an obvious troll. "Also, it's not really fun going into arena and fighting against an OP combo or people in full 496 PvP gear when you're barely level 90." - You're right, if you could vote kick your opponent to automatically win games it'd be much more fun rofl.

    Wonder what even made you decide to make this thread. Yes, being able to kick your opponents out of PvP games would be fair and fun for everyone involved.

  11. #11
    The whole point of random BGs is to get gear. There are there for people in quest greens, so they can get malev gear and go into arenas/RBGs later. That is their MAIN FUNCTION. If you want organized PvP, go play organized PvP.

    Oh, also, this thread went into the direction of talking about people in greens in BGs - that's one thing. But your suggestion for vote kicking opponents in competetive play is just beyond silly. Doesn't even require any other kind of comment.

  12. #12
    I can defiantly understand the OPs frustration. But as somebody pointed out we were all new at some point plus if you roll an alt your most likely going to start out in blues and greens.

    What I think would be a great solution would be that individual players have MMR based on our gear and performance in BGs IE: assaulting/guarding objectives, damage, healing, caps, returns etc... and reward players that reach higher MMR with additional honor and conquest for wins. And the system would attempt to match us up with people of similar gear and skill. This way players in greens will most likely be fighting against other players in greens I think it would create a more enjoyable experience for everybody.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Majiinx View Post
    I can defiantly understand the OPs frustration. But as somebody pointed out we were all new at some point plus if you roll an alt your most likely going to start out in blues and greens.

    What I think would be a great solution would be that individual players have MMR based on our gear and performance in BGs IE: assaulting/guarding objectives, damage, healing, caps, returns etc... and reward players that reach higher MMR with additional honor and conquest for wins. And the system would attempt to match us up with people of similar gear and skill. This way players in greens will most likely be fighting against other players in greens I think it would create a more enjoyable experience for everybody.
    Funny, Wildstar will have exactly what you just described.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    633
    I think they should simply improve their system and take ilvl and arena ratings into consideration. As in, if I got into a BG with only glads / r1s, I might actually enjoy it (probably not), yet if I'm on an alt and I do a BG, I won't be instantly destroyed because I'm only wearing crafted set.

    Requirements aren't the issue, gear honestly isn't the issue, we just need segregation, or at least a system that attempts to segregate. However I hate BGs because it usually seems like it's 9 idiots and me, not very enjoyable, unless I have the power to votekick 9 people somehow because I am much better at pvp than them, I don't see votekicking doing much.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,296
    I think he means for bots, bots are ruining random BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  16. #16
    that would be hell. like 8/10 players are farmers, if one of the 2/10 starts to tell them to get out of middle, he'll most likely get kicked..

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    that would be hell. like 8/10 players are farmers, if one of the 2/10 starts to tell them to get out of middle, he'll most likely get kicked..
    yep you can even get instantly kicked from a bg if you say report xx for botting when there are 9/10 people botting.

    because i got instantly kicked from a bg and asked the gm wtf happend and he told me i got 8 afk votes against me in a timeframe of 10 seconds after i said that. and i was even fighting someone. yet got kicked.

  18. #18
    Eh, I would just use a vote kick feature to kick the abusive types who whine about how nobody is guarding the farm when they're off farming the alliance graveyard.

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Eh, I would just use a vote kick feature to kick the abusive types who whine about how nobody is guarding the farm when they're off farming the alliance graveyard.
    Farming graveyards is a legitimate strategy. That can do thing such as keeping enemy healers away from their FCs so your team can take their FC down.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  20. #20
    We need a system in bgs to boot out people who 1) que as healers then go dps 2) que as dps then go healers.
    Alternatively lock all players into a certain spec for their entire que + bg preparation time (making it so changing spec in a bg is the same as /afk).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •