Page 1 of 3
LastLast

War of the Ancients movie in the finish line!

Hi everybody,

Someone of you might remember when we started working on a major machinima featuring Richard A. Knaak's War of the Ancients novels. We got a lot of emails since I have been going very slow with the movie lately and people were asking if the project is dead. No it is not! We are in the finish line and we would like to ask for your support in spreading the word about this project since so many effort we put into this, we really want it to be well known.

This is our very first major trailer, hope you will like it!

Last edited by Keytal; 2013-06-23 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Video inserting

It looks really good, keep at it.

Somehow the voices sound a bit familiar...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Thank you very much, I am happy you like the trailer! The voices can be familiar indeed because I approached popular and very talented actors from the community. Salute to them, they did an awesome job and respect for keeping to the project

Finally, can't wait for it, this looks amazing Makes me happeh! I hope that you'll get something out of it too, maybe Blizzard will contact you and ask your help for future cinematics in the actual game as well if this goes well or model design, who knows?

Meh, the weakest part of the War of the Ancients as created by you and Intaanis/Vaanel, and I figured this would be the case the last time I saw a trailer of it, are the voices. They just don't sound good. Well, nothing you can help. Either way, good job with the models, effects, what have you.

Stood in the Fire
    Looks incredible. Can't wait-how long do you think before the whole thing is released?

Thank you very much!

Asking about the release date: I think we could finish this in a month but we rather polish it until we are satisfied with every bit of it. I am planning to release the time when the last WoW raid instance (If Siege of Orgrimmar is last) gets boring and the players won't have much to do and all the PvE kill movies will be seen.

It looks promising, glad you are still doing it, I remember your original announcement, I did kind of give up hope though. Looking forward to the final product. We haven't really had an BIG Machinimas since Tales of the Past 3, and even before then we had a few fair share of WoW Machinimas.
    Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash

Voice acting always is the weakest part of machinima Looks good anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It looks promising, glad you are still doing it, I remember your original announcement, I did kind of give up hope though. Looking forward to the final product. We haven't really had an BIG Machinimas since Tales of the Past 3, and even before then we had a few fair share of WoW Machinimas.
    Yeah I still watch that every now and then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Well, glad to see this project moving along, especially since I did the voices for Hakkar and Mannoroth. Really looking forward to it. =)

Yeah, the characters having teenage american accents doesn't quite work for me... but the animations and editing seem really good.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦

When I first opened this thread, I thought it was about the WoW movie, and when it wasn't I got disappointed...

...and then I watched the trailer and my disappointment went away. It looks awesome, I can't wait for the final product!

Edit: I think the voice acting is wonderful, not sure why people are complaining (can't have Morgan Freeman for every movie).

Thank you very much for the nice words, I believe the movie itself will be very convincing on every level. About the voice acting: I truly believe that our actors do a great job and dont forget one thing: all the characters you know, are very young here so you will hear a different voice from the WoW version. On the other side I am pretty sure the actors take the criticism and will try to improve as much as they can. We do not take not even a coin for this, only your criticism we want and get and we obviously want to please the audience!

Thank you very much for your support so far, keep it up please, so the people working on this over 2 years will get the credit they deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by Keytal View Post
    Thank you very much for the nice words, I believe the movie itself will be very convincing on every level. About the voice acting: I truly believe that our actors do a great job and dont forget one thing: all the characters you know, are very young here so you will hear a different voice from the WoW version. On the other side I am pretty sure the actors take the criticism and will try to improve as much as they can. We do not take not even a coin for this, only your criticism we want and get and we obviously want to please the audience!

Thank you very much for your support so far, keep it up please, so the people working on this over 2 years will get the credit they deserve!
    Voice was just fine, really enjoyed that trailer, cant wait for the end product.

Regarding the accents and voices I don't think people should make criticism though until the final product or at least a larger chunk of the movie is seen. In a trailer you can't gear much. I think the voices were ok, only one that was not so fitting was Azshara, but that's not because the voice actor was bad, but rather because the voice didn't quite fit the character in my view The voice acting seemed ok, the voice itself seemed off, that voice would have fitted a Jaina type character more in my view. However, I know that you probably had some problems finding female voice actors

Also, Blizzard should pay you. Tell them you'll hold the movie randsom until they pay you and they shall (or they'll sue you, either way, free commercial!). No, joking now, but seriously, have you people making this movie tried applying for jobs either at Blizzard or at another studio if Blizzard is too far away or something? You really could have a great future in the entertainment industry, and not saying it now just because, but rather because I've seen all the "trailers" and scenes you've advertised around here, seen the models and the scenery and I think they're quite good. On some parts you do need a bit of polishing, but the talent is there.

About the voices: You actually are right. It is not easy to find good voice actors/actresses for every role. Sometimes its not even the talent which is the problem ... it is the dedication. It happened many times that people disappeared on me after we worked out numerous lines already ... thats why I am very happy with the ones I have. They are doing all these for free and I cannot ask more of them.

About applying to studios: I would like to, and I would love to work in this field on a more professional level but as long as people are interested in our work, I am very happy as I am now because these kind of comments fuel me and these are the ones I am hungry for after I work a full day on a home project like this.

About the voices: You actually are right. It is not easy to find good voice actors/actresses for every role. Sometimes its not even the talent which is the problem ... it is the dedication. It happened many times that people disappeared on me after we worked out numerous lines already ... thats why I am very happy with the ones I have. They are doing all these for free and I cannot ask more of them.

About applying to studios: I would like to, and I would love to work in this field on a more professional level but as long as people are interested in our work, I am very happy as I am now because these kind of comments fuel me and these are the ones I am hungry for after I work a full day on a home project like this.
    Just hire some hot student woman. Add in the newspaper that you are looking for a female voice actor with a *what you need* voice.

This actually looks really good. At first, it seemed kinda crap, but as it got further along, it turned out really good. I look forward to seeing this release.

It'll be amazing to see the fully complete video, any ideas on where it'll be posted for viewing?
    This is my Sig, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were born in the future to alter the past and we killed them recently. Now I've got a headache...