Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The voices fit just fine. I was excited throughout the whole trailer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Any estimate on how long the final cut is expected to be? Been a while since I've seen a good, long, movie-like machinima and the trailer looks really good for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice work keep it up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Any estimate on how long the final cut is expected to be? Been a while since I've seen a good, long, movie-like machinima and the trailer looks really good for this one.
    I would like to avoid giving a date this time but instead connect the release to an event in World of Warcraft. I would like to wait for the time when the upcoming raid instance gets old and people run out of doing things. That time will be perfect to release a movie like this because the PvE content will be outdate by then and people will be hungry for something new.

I think you misunderstood me. I meant how long it would be. Hour long machinima? 1.5 hours? 45 minutes? Any estimate on how long the final cut is going to run?

Deleted
    I think you misunderstood me. I meant how long it would be. Hour long machinima? 1.5 hours? 45 minutes? Any estimate on how long the final cut is going to run?
    Oh my bad ... sorry! Alright good question. We will cut even the Well of Eternity into 2 pieces, the first piece will be around 1:45-2:00 long, the second part will be a bit shorter. One might say its too long but I think it would be a really bad thing to try to fit the whole story into an hour long movie. Even if I lose some people due the length I want to stick to this version. I really think it will work out just great because the movie is not just lore but action oriented aswell with huge battles, duels and alot of magic!

Sounds awesome. Haven't seen a machinima like that since Tales of the Past. I'll be looking forward to it!

Deleted
    Sounds awesome. Haven't seen a machinima like that since Tales of the Past. I'll be looking forward to it!
    -
    Thank you very much! I really believe you will see something refreshing. With all the unique models, the unique terrain/environment built by me, de full 3D will be adding up to something spectacular and something that people of the community won't forget

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the voiceacting, and i'm not a huge fan of the models.
    Still, I will watch it when it is ready. Because it is interesting and fascinating to see someones "interpretation" of this lore, and see how it fits with what I imagined it like personally.

I've been waiting forever for this! I'm so excited you have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Keytal View Post
    I would like to avoid giving a date this time but instead connect the release to an event in World of Warcraft. I would like to wait for the time when the upcoming raid instance gets old and people run out of doing things. That time will be perfect to release a movie like this because the PvE content will be outdate by then and people will be hungry for something new.
    Usually, by that time, the beta for the next expansion gets tossed out there, and people will be playing that or watching videos of people playing the beta. Unless you mean 1 or 2 months after Siege of Orgrimmar gets released, then that would be a decent time to release it.

Deleted
    About the voices: You actually are right. It is not easy to find good voice actors/actresses for every role. Sometimes its not even the talent which is the problem ... it is the dedication. It happened many times that people disappeared on me after we worked out numerous lines already ... thats why I am very happy with the ones I have. They are doing all these for free and I cannot ask more of them.

About applying to studios: I would like to, and I would love to work in this field on a more professional level but as long as people are interested in our work, I am very happy as I am now because these kind of comments fuel me and these are the ones I am hungry for after I work a full day on a home project like this.
    That makes sense, stick to the people you know are dependable.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Just hire some hot student woman. Add in the newspaper that you are looking for a female voice actor with a *what you need* voice.
    Understand this. These people might never get anything as money for their work. They can't profit from it on their own since the story is not theirs and even some of the models are very similar to the WoW one, so again, copyright law. So the money they will get will mostly depend on Blizzard and/or donations if the people making the movie will think of it. So I don't think they can afford to hire some random student to help record the lines of Azshara (she does have a few in the book so would take quite some time).

Well it depends on many things. First I would love to release this in full HD but I don't know if for example youtube allows so large fileze. I would target Warcraftmovies.com but there people are more interested in PvP movies (the majority at least). I would love to have MMO posting it on the main page (I am trying to make it happen with this trailer aswell but don't know if the admins will do it). One thing is for sure: I will get you the information right after I figure answers out.
    You could release it on Youtube in 20-30 min chunks.
    You could label it as "War of the Ancients: Episode 1" and so on. It will take ages to upload a 30 min full HD chunk, but when it will be uploaded I bet quite a few people will flood to see it. Would also be an idea to advertise to the famous youtube celebrities that play or played WoW at some point to help with the advertising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    That makes sense, stick to the people you know are dependable.
    You could release it on Youtube in 20-30 min chunks.
    You could label it as "War of the Ancients: Episode 1" and so on. It will take ages to upload a 30 min full HD chunk, but when it will be uploaded I bet quite a few
    people will flood to see it. Would also be an idea to advertise to the famous youtube celebrities that play or played WoW at some point to help with the advertising.
    Yes I will try to approach the WoW celebrities for sure. Uploading 30 mins fragments however is no an option to me (or at least that is not the plan). I think it would ruin the experience even if not on a major level. I will try to upload it somewhere where I can do it full.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit I had forgotten about this project. Kind of nice to see it close to reality. Wonder if Blizzard is watching you guys.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'll admit I had forgotten about this project. Kind of nice to see it close to reality. Wonder if Blizzard is watching you guys.
    I really hope so Would be awesome to get some response from them but now I try to just get this project more and more popular so the people get to know about it when we release the final cut.

Deleted
    Keytal and I are not doing this for any money lol. Just we love Warcraft and saw a great opportunity if we would work together. Something that would keep us happily busy during some of our free time. All our Voice Actors are like this too. We create this movie cause we enjoy working on it. I am sure that when this project is over there will be some empty place that has to be filled. For now even I am very much looking forward to our finished project. And if other people will like what we did too, than for me its a bonus

Great trailer.
    My favorite part:
    "I am Hakkar. I am Mannoroth. I am Sargeras of the Burning Legion. I am totally going to watch this movie!"
    Okay that last bit might have been added by me, but who wouldn't want to add that?

Kinda wishing, org raid was boring already....well compared to this it already is :d
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Great trailer.
    My favorite part:
    "I am Hakkar. I am Mannoroth. I am Sargeras of the Burning Legion. I am totally going to watch this movie!"
    Okay that last bit might have been added by me, but who wouldn't want to add that?

Kinda wishing, org raid was boring already....well compared to this it already is :d
    Thank you very much, I am very happy you like it that much! Meanwhile I would like to ask you guys to spread the word about this if you can and try to get more ppl's attention towards the movie. We need your help too for getting this project successful! Thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea why I was thinking this was the official movie's trailer.

Very well done, though.