10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Roskilde Festival 2013

Thought I'd create a thread for this great Danish festival as it begins in about a week. Are you going? What are your must-sees? I know there probably aren't a lot of people on this particular forum who are going, but I might as well give it a shot

Here is a link to the band list on their official website.

http://roskilde-festival.dk/music/bands/

Personally, I am very much looking forward to Sohn, Of Monsters And Men, When Saints Go Machine, Kenton Slash Demon, Postiljonen and Sigur Rós. But the one artist I am dying to see is James Blake, as I am a huge fan of his.

Me and two friends is going, we where there last year to, im really pumped to go and i live in sweden to so not that long a trip. Metallica will be nice to see even though i dont lissen that much to them, and then there is tons off small hiphop bands i will se. But im mostly comming for the ladies and the beer

Loved it last year great people there even though i dont understand Danish so well, even worse when i get some beer lol.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-06-23 at 08:32 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'll be working there this year with my missus... Worst program ever, there is LITTERALLY only one band worthy of my attention, however that band just so happens to be one of the biggest bands on the planet - Metallica. It's so freakishly obvious that the arrangers of the festival had to pull all their strings to get them to play the festival however, so that they actually managed to sell some tickets - to make it even more obvious and interesting, it's the only European tour date on their schedule for the entire summer heh.

That said, Roskilde isn't that much about the music as it's about - well, everything else really.

To all the people going, have a good time, and take care of yourselves! Oh and yes, I'll be working, so I'll be wearing a hideus orange vest and a talky.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Metallica Metallica Metallica!

I am not interested in anything else but them so I am just going there for 1 day. Have to work aswell buuut was able to get this one day off.

Cant wait!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeye View Post
    Metallica Metallica Metallica!

I am not interested in anything else but them so I am just going there for 1 day. Have to work aswell buuut was able to get this one day off.

Cant wait!
    Do yourself a MASSIVE favour (in case you haven't) and try to look up some of the videos of their performances this year (especially the "Deehan" show) - they are quite possibly in their best shape for the past 20 years, it's uncanny how good they are at this moment - James is doing things vocally we haven't heard since the early 90's, Kirk isn't messing up his solos, Rub's backing vocal is awesome - and most mindblowing of all; Lars is actually using his double drum pedals!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'll be working there this year with my missus... Worst program ever, there is LITTERALLY only one band worthy of my attention, however that band just so happens to be one of the biggest bands on the planet - Metallica. It's so freakishly obvious that the arrangers of the festival had to pull all their strings to get them to play the festival however, so that they actually managed to sell some tickets - to make it even more obvious and interesting, it's the only European tour date on their schedule for the entire summer heh.

That said, Roskilde isn't that much about the music as it's about - well, everything else really.

To all the people going, have a good time, and take care of yourselves! Oh and yes, I'll be working, so I'll be wearing a hideus orange vest and a talky.
    Are you also helping with cleaning the camping? if so that could not be fun as the whole camping last year was bombed with trash, it was no pretty place i can tell you that, must take week/months to clean that. Still amazing place and i had tons off fun.

I'd love to go but I really don't have the money, plus I saw Metallica 12 times the last 5 years.
    Still waiting for a gig in Norway to be announced as a part of the Summer Vacation tours.

Deleted
    Do yourself a MASSIVE favour (in case you haven't) and try to look up some of the videos of their performances this year (especially the "Deehan" show) - they are quite possibly in their best shape for the past 20 years, it's uncanny how good they are at this moment - James is doing things vocally we haven't heard since the early 90's, Kirk isn't messing up his solos, Rub's backing vocal is awesome - and most mindblowing of all; Lars is actually using his double drum pedals!
    Argh, you are actually making it worse! How am I supposed to kill off 2 weeks more.

I cant belive you just managed to get me even more excited so easily.

I'd love to go but I really don't have the money, plus I saw Metallica 12 times the last 5 years.
    Still waiting for a gig in Norway to be announced as a part of the Summer Vacation tours.
    As far as I know this is the only time Metallica will play in europa this year but of course, if you already seen them 12 times, whatever I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc58e4e7b98f; 2013-06-23 at 08:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Are you also helping with cleaning the camping? if so that could not be fun as the whole camping last year was bombed with trash, it was no pretty place i can tell you that, must take week/months to clean that. Still amazing place and i had tons off fun.
    Nah, I'm part of uhm "Netvaerks logen" (The Network Lodge), my only job is to guard one of the gates for 8 hours, 4 times - the rest of the time is my time off. They supply food, beverages and of course the ticket - and a lot of fun stuff to do while off duty.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Roskilde is the only European summer tour this year. At all - see my above post heh.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeye View Post
    Argh, you are actually making it worse! How am I supposed to kill off 2 weeks more.

I cant belive you just managed to get me even more excited so easily.

As far as I know this is the only time Metallica will play in europa this year but of course, if you already seen them 12 times, whatever I guess.
    Oooooh I think I'll taunt you a bit more then! https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=bcVI7FXEi-E Skip to about 3.30 for the actual gig, MINDBLOWINGLY GOOD!

Nah, I'm part of uhm "Netvaerks logen" (The Network Lodge), my only job is to guard one of the gates for 8 hours, 4 times - the rest of the time is my time off. They supply food, beverages and of course the ticket - and a lot of fun stuff to do while off duty.[COLOR="red"]
    Sounds good man.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sounds good man.
    I quite agree hah...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going tomorrow - can't wait! Have a great time if you're going !

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Working when Metallica is playing.... Herp to the ultimate derp....

Have fun, I havn't been in almost 10 years now. Getting old and the girlfriend would probably rather die then sleep in the roskilde festival camping area, she isn't the festival type of person, if you know what I mean. rofl ... and staying at the camping is part of the fun imo.

Looks like quite a lot of good bands/artists though, at least 10-15 I'd like to see. Will catch some of them at local festival(way out west, gothenburg), easier to attend since I can walk home, sleep in my own bed and take a shower in my own home every night.

James Blake is a must see imo, fucking amazing when I saw him 2 years back, in a church of all places lol. Really interested in Kendrick Lamar to, only heard good shit about him, I'm not really that into hip-hop though but everyone is going on about him.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-06-29 at 06:30 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Not going as I live in England, but I'd be very interested to see Kraftwerk and Metallica on the same stage, both very different but 2 bands I like alot ^^