Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Priest "From darkness comes light" talent

    Why is this getting changed for shadow but not healers, this has to be like .01% used as a healer. maybe pvp

  2. #2
    the change i saw was that it will proc on basically every heal: pom, penance, POH, etc. it's still doesn't seem very good, but i could see it perhaps being of use in very high mobility fights in 10 mans. single target heals are just almost never what you should be casting with how much raid damage goes out in raids and how much healing/absorbs tanks can do to themselves.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    the change i saw was that it will proc on basically every heal: pom, penance, POH, etc. it's still doesn't seem very good, but i could see it perhaps being of use in very high mobility fights in 10 mans. single target heals are just almost never what you should be casting with how much raid damage goes out in raids and how much healing/absorbs tanks can do to themselves.
    It is getting buffed though. The chance to proc has been increased.
    "I never met a miner who complained about the weather"

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Currently:

    The 5.4 change for Disc and Holy is good.

    The 5.4 change for Shadow isn't good due to the level of Haste and Mastery we have / will have.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    959
    Should get buffed to 100% for shadow so we can go back to #yolocritstacking instead of this SW:I bullsh*t
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Should get buffed to 100% for shadow so we can go back to #yolocritstacking instead of this SW:I bullsh*t
    None of this post makes sense to me.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    None of this post makes sense to me.
    Gonna be GCD capped in next tier, and FDCL favors crit. And unlike this idiotic mandatory standstill channeling ability that SW:I is, it actually provides a decent movement DPS spell, which gives you so much more freedom in ways you play both PvE and PvP, almost up to a level where it makes this class enjoyable. Understand now or want me to draw it for you?
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-21 at 03:45 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Gonna be GCD capped in next tier, and FDCL favors crit. And unlike this idiotic mandatory standstill channeling ability that SW:I is, it actually provides a decent movement DPS spell and makes the class almost enjoyable. Want me to draw it for you?
    50% opinion
    50% fact

    I <3 the crap out of SW:I and think it's the best thing to happen to Shadow since Hasted DoTs.

    OPINIONS ASIDE:
    Mind Spike and Mind Blast are the only two spells that don't benefit from Mastery. Stacking Mastery is more effective point : percent than stacking Crit as well. We're also going to be spending more GCDs on refreshing DoTs and on DI procs / DP than we are now putting even more of a premium on GCDs which are already too valuable to spend on FDCL procs.

  9. #9
    Draw it veiled!

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    I guess I should add that it was my opinion that FDCL + DI builds early in MoP were awesome because I really enjoyed them. So it's not like I'm just biased against FDCL as an ability, the numbers are biased against even at 20%.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    I <3 the crap out of SW:I and think it's the best thing to happen to Shadow since Hasted DoTs.
    Guess you're just one of those people who love SW:I 'cause they somehow believe it "raises the skill-cap" (even tho a 6yo can figure the perfect use of it in 10 minutes), despite the fact it's the most crippling ability your class has.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    Draw it veiled!
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-21 at 03:58 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Guess you're just one of those people who love SW:I 'cause they somehow believe it "raises the skill-cap" (even tho a 6yo can figure the perfect use of it in 10 minutes), despite the fact it's the most crippling ability your class has.
    Assumption. Insanity is the best buff to single target damage Shadow has ever received with has always been our weakest point. Movement is our new area of greatest weakness not because of Insanity but due to the lack of a movement mechanic.

    I highly doubt FDCL could receive any number tweak to make it worthwhile. It would need an overhaul of some sort to be viable let alone competitive.

    It's interesting you failed to respond to the fact portion of my post as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Mind Spike and Mind Blast are the only two spells that don't benefit from Mastery. Stacking Mastery is more effective point : percent than stacking Crit as well. We're also going to be spending more GCDs on refreshing DoTs and on DI procs / DP than we are now putting even more of a premium on GCDs which are already too valuable to spend on FDCL procs.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord veiledy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banjaluka
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    It's interesting you failed to respond to the fact portion of my post as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Mind Spike and Mind Blast are the only two spells that don't benefit from Mastery. Stacking Mastery is more effective point : percent than stacking Crit as well. We're also going to be spending more GCDs on refreshing DoTs and on DI procs / DP than we are now putting even more of a premium on GCDs which are already too valuable to spend on FDCL procs.
    Tbh, I didn't even read it until you quoted yourself again.

    Both MB and MS scale with mastery if specced into FDCL/DI, as more ticks = more procs.
    And as for the GCD part, I'd much rather spend my GCD's that occur during movement on Mind Spikes, than on not casting anything. Maybe you wouldn't, who knows..
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-21 at 04:28 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    We're also going to be spending more GCDs on refreshing DoTs and on DI procs / DP than we are now putting even more of a premium on GCDs which are already too valuable to spend on FDCL procs.
    The only reason we are GCD starved is because we have a stupid mechanic that locks us into using certain spells for 8 seconds. FDCL doesn't have that problem.

  15. #15
    Huge buff to disc PVP. FDCL was already taken by some disc's over mindbender as games are typically so short flash heal gets spammed quite often.

    Now, it is going to be proccing off POM and penance which we use pretty much on CD in pvp.

    Combined with the 100% proc rate of divine insight, which most people already took, disc pvp going from "arguably the strongest healer" to "the strongest healer" pending a nerf that would likely be justified.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Should get buffed to 100% for shadow so we can go back to #yolocritstacking instead of this SW:I bullsh*t
    Oh please no never do this. Although I would love more movement dps you do realize if they made this change we would be nerfed because of pvp reasons right? They already hate all the instant procs/damage we can use (DP + Mindblast + x2 Mindspikes) so they nerfed that talent and shadowpriests in general ... please not again.

    *Edit*
    Just FYI I do like FDCL, I just don't want to get hit by more nerfbats because of pvp and buffing this talent will cause this.
    Last edited by Raone; 2013-06-21 at 04:32 PM.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Tbh, I didn't even read it until you quoted yourself again.

    Both MB and MS scale with mastery if specced into FDCL/DI, as more ticks = more procs.
    And as for the GCD part, I'd much rather spend my GCD's that occur during movement on Mind Spikes, than on not casting anything. Maybe you wouldn't, who knows..
    FDCL and DI scale with Mastery and Haste but not with Crit. MB and MS scale with Crit but not Mastery or Haste. Subtle distinction, but needs to be made.

    The problem is that 90% of the time you're not moving. You could be spending higher quality GCDs while stationary over FDCL procs but not using quality GCDs during movement vs FDCL. The problem is that you're making that choice knowing you spend the majority of time stationary or merely stutter stepping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    The only reason we are GCD starved is because we have a stupid mechanic that locks us into using certain spells for 8 seconds. FDCL doesn't have that problem.
    When I talk about GCDs being at too high a premium to use FDCL procs I'm obviously talking about when you're spec'd FDCL. That means you're obviously not spec'd Insanity. That means you're obviously not being "GCD starved is because we have a stupid mechanic that locks us into using certain spells for 8 seconds", just that on the fights where movement / targets / mechanics would generally favor the use of FDCL you can usually be spending a GCD someplace better.

    Again it's the mechanic of the post 5.2 FDCL that is it's primary weakness, the relative weakness to Insanity is just piled on top of that.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    When I talk about GCDs being at too high a premium to use FDCL procs I'm obviously talking about when you're spec'd FDCL. That means you're obviously not spec'd Insanity. That means you're obviously not being "GCD starved is because we have a stupid mechanic that locks us into using certain spells for 8 seconds", just that on the fights where movement / targets / mechanics would generally favor the use of FDCL you can usually be spending a GCD someplace better.
    Are you implying that we'd hardly ever use Mind Flay? Because that is silly.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 2013-06-21 at 04:51 PM.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Are you implying that we'd hardly ever use Mind Flay anymore? Because that is silly.
    Where are you getting that from?

    If you read the bit above my post about it being a poor use of a GCD I say:

    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Mind Spike and Mind Blast are the only two spells that don't benefit from Mastery. Stacking Mastery is more effective point : percent than stacking Crit as well.
    Let me clearly state that Mind Flay benefits from Crit, Haste and Mastery while Mind Spike only benefits from Crit which lowers its value as a GCD use as the amount of our Secondary Stats increase.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Where are you getting that from?

    If you read the bit above my post about it being a poor use of a GCD I say:



    Let me clearly state that Mind Flay benefits from Crit, Haste and Mastery while Mind Spike only benefits from Crit which lowers its value as a GCD use as the amount of our Secondary Stats increase.
    Well, we'd only Mind Spike if we had FDCL specced, which would make it scale with Haste and Mastery too. And we're asking for a buff to FDCL so it's worth using because SWI is the most boring ability ever added to Shadow

    Don't you think I know it is a near useless talent in its current state? Do you really think I'd use FDCL and Mind Spike if Mind Flay had higher priority than Mind Spike with FDCL? That's silly.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 2013-06-21 at 05:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •