Poll: Fair?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    In general, taking a baby to a test just isn't a good idea. Regular class sure. Test, not ever.
    You think bringing a baby to a regular class is okay? Is that even a thing?

Deleted
    ofc thats fair its a damn Examn >.< silence is needed, and its very few babies who can do that.

Deleted
    Of course it is fair. A baby can be a giant nuisance factor for a lot of other people who want/need to concentrate on their exam, and thus has absolutely no place in a testing room during said exam.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a fair thing. Babies can't control their crying and stuff and therefore they'd distract/annoy the other people taking the exam.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    crud pressed not fair rather than fair...meant it wasn't fair from the womans perspective to want to be treated special...

My friend uses children as an excuse all the time at uni in order to get extensions on all her assignments and she uses reasons such as "my son has the chicken pox and i don't want to risk causing an outbreak" or "my 15 year old son isn't feeling very well today so he's not going to school, I'm going to stay at home all day and take are of him" or "my friend is going to the doctors today i need to stay home and look after he children". I wouldn't mind but it's every other week and uni is mainly group work (the joys of creating a program/website/ database etc then having to explain it to her when she comes back so she knows what to say when we present the work -.-)

I have no words for how ridiculous this is... And her comparing having a baby with a learning disability is just insane. And the fact that she didn't even try to contact the school before showing up with a baby demanding a private room is just shockingly stupid...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    It seems like some (young) mothers tend to think the world has to revolve around them in general. Which is ridiculous.
    As someone sitting in this room and trying to write my exam, I would be incredibly pissed too. Not only because of the possible distraction, but because of the sheer impudence.

If she can't find a sitter for it, she can't partake in the exam. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    It seems like some (young) mothers tend to think the world has to revolve around them in general. Which is ridiculous.
    As someone sitting in this room and trying to write my exam, I would be incredibly pissed too. Not only because of the possible distraction, but because of the sheer impudence.

If she can't find a sitter for it, she can't partake in the exam. It's really that simple.
    It's not just young mothers, and it's not just mothers. It's a common issue among parents in which they think that parenthood entitles them to preferential treatment or special considerations. As it is a "condition" they have themselves chosen - for the most part - I don't exactly hold that kind of thinking in very high esteem. I do try to be accommodating towards them, but it is because I choose to be, not because I think it should be expected of anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long is the test? lol And how old is this baby? Seems ridiculous to me that this is even an issue. Breast pump and hand over to someone you trust to feed the kid at the appropriate time while you take your exam. And don't give me any of this crap about wanting to only go natural or whatever and how this is an inconvenience. Children are optional. Sorry. They come with a lot of responsibilities. If you were not prepared, you should not have opened your legs.

Deleted
    What a dumb bitch, I don't even find it surprising that she is from the US. ( not trying to stereotype the US citizens btw )
    All these "human rights " activists and discussions made people go crazy and now everyone thinks they have the right to do anything and everything, but they do not expect having any correlative obligations.
    I vote for a law course to be held in the primary schools or highschools so the future generations won't come up with such dumb ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    You think bringing a baby to a regular class is okay? Is that even a thing?
    My mom took me to class (during her Masters, she was 25ish) once or twice. It was always in an urgent situation, and with the permission of the professor. It was also when I was a younger baby than the thread example, and thus even more likely to sleep or nurse through the whole class. If I started to stir, she stepped out.

She was lucky to have my Grandmother on campus (as a professor) so she had more options than many, but my Dad was working insane hours (computer programer back in the tech boon) so in many ways she was also on her own. Sometimes it came up where it was miss class or take the kid. She preferred not to miss, a trait her professors generally approved of.

If you ask permission in advance, make accommodations (sit in front and leave before it becomes a problem) and don't make it a common thing, I don't see the issue in it being a last resort.

The poll results speak for themselves. Having a baby does not mean you can take it everywhere, just like a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I would throw a shit fit if some chick brought a kid during an exam it's completely discourteous to every other student in the class. No she has no right to subject me to her whiny child and she should be sterilized for thinking this is ok behavior. Husbands busy? It's called day care and every other normal person who has a kid in college uses it for a reason.

having a child does not give one the right to potentially fuck over other people's futures - which in an exam setting is exactly the case imo
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave the kid at home.

I read the title wrong and voted 'no'.

But yeah, it's absolutely fair to not allow babies during an exam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you should even be having a baby if your still taking school exams.

moral of the story WARE A CONDOM