Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, I came to this forum looking for some advise on which headphones to get. The ones that I'm using atm (Logitech G35) are fucking awesome, but the right ear cup just snapped off for the fourth time now (normal use only, it's a common flaw in this model apparently). Seeing as my 2 year warranty is about to run out, I'm thinking of contacting the business where I purchased it to either give me my money back or give me store credit because this is getting absolutely ridiculous.

For a replacement model, I'm looking for something with a good microphone and that has over the ear cups as I cannot stand the pressure that is applied otherwise. Price range is up to a 100€ as that is what I paid for my g35. Any ideas? I browsed through this thread and the 780 seemed a solid choice but it's unavailable at the business where I'd get my refund which might be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    So, I came to this forum looking for some advise on which headphones to get. The ones that I'm using atm (Logitech G35) are fucking awesome, but the right ear cup just snapped off for the fourth time now (normal use only, it's a common flaw in this model apparently). Seeing as my 2 year warranty is about to run out, I'm thinking of contacting the business where I purchased it to either give me my money back or give me store credit because this is getting absolutely ridiculous.

For a replacement model, I'm looking for something with a good microphone and that has over the ear cups as I cannot stand the pressure that is applied otherwise. Price range is up to a 100€ as that is what I paid for my g35. Any ideas? I browsed through this thread and the 780 seemed a solid choice but it's unavailable at the business where I'd get my refund which might be a problem.
    I suggest razer or steelseries

10+ Year Old Account
    Ordered these Steelseries yesterday. While I dont really want a counterstrike branded headset, the markdown is too good to pass up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826249097
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a cheap pair of Gembird headphones with mic with 5.1 surround and they are great. I even podcast with them and get a clear sound on the mic, and great surround in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    I suggest razer or steelseries
    I have a Razer Kraken and the sound quality is absolutely garbage. It also doesn't fit my ears very well. Definitely not buying any more audio products from them.
    Which Steelseries would you recommend? The soft ear pads on the Siberia v2 don't look very appealing to me. I liked the rigidness of the g35 over the ear stuff, so I'm definitely looking for something like that.

Deleted
    I'm quite happy with my logitech headset G330. Not a fan of the big bulky ones ;D

Im taking back my 780's need something better looking sadly, I want to choose between Logitech G35 or G430?

Deleted
    I had 2 pair of Steelseries siberia and i have to saw that they aint really worth the price :/ (Just my opinion) for some weeks ago i bought a Corsair Vengeance 1500 and i have to say so far i LOVE it! it is around the 100$ in Sweden and i think they are worth it If u got some money over get the Wireless Corsair Vengeance 2000.

Im taking back my 780's need something better looking sadly, I want to choose between Logitech G35 or G430?
    Can't speak about the G430, but the G35 is not, let's say, at the audiophile level of sound quality. If this isn't important to you, by all means. If it is, look elsewhere.

I would suggest looking into audio technica headsets as there is one for around 100 dollars (maybe a bit more) that a lot of gamers are using with a separate mic (all sorts depending on which you like best). There are a lot of mics out there that are like 10 dollars and people claim to get decent quality voice sound from them (decent as in I don't know that you could tell a difference over 'vent').

I honestly haven't tried them but people have said for the price they have sound quality of much higher priced headsets. That is unless you really want a surround headset. I don't know anything about those.

-Nish
    Last edited by Nish77; 2013-06-26 at 05:14 AM.
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

That would be the ATH-M50. Do not personally find them having good value. Many swear by them and they certainly are not bad; Much better than any Razer, Corsair, Logitech or Steelseries on the market.

Surround headsets is a gimmick. Something they use to mark up the price and emulating it in software. If it's hardware surround, all it does is make your headset a lot more expensive and a lot worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend the Logitech G35. I had a set for a year and a half and they worked perfectly and took quite a beating. Hell the only reason I had to get it replaced was because of me carelessly throwing them on the floor when a piece of coal from my hooka fell on my lap. I now have a new set with a warranty that only cost me 11 dollars for three years.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-7-1-C...s=logitech+g35<--- Look around and you might be able to find a headset that is a bit cheaper.
    http://www.squaretrade.com/ <---Warranty site
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

I am happy with my $40 turtle beach X12s
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore
    I've been linked pictures of anime that are already like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump
    What has science done?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I have a Razer Kraken and the sound quality is absolutely garbage. It also doesn't fit my ears very well. Definitely not buying any more audio products from them.
    Which Steelseries would you recommend? The soft ear pads on the Siberia v2 don't look very appealing to me. I liked the rigidness of the g35 over the ear stuff, so I'm definitely looking for something like that.
    Anybody that can help me out? I'm basically looking for something like a g35 but with a stronger frame that isn't prone to breaking.

Ive got Audtio Technica AD700's, with a Zalman $5 clipon mic.

Best of both worlds =)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    For gaming there are so many options available to me it comes down to brand. I wanted to get a razer but a wise gamer friend told me my laptop dose not support some of those model headsets. I always heard razer is good, so are they? For a buget of sub $100 will it get me the best quality or must I look elsewhere?
    Sennheiser, they've done sound for several decades. I own a pair of Sennheiser headphones and they are amazingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    What's wrong with Razer? I've had my Carcharias for 3 years and it still works as perfectly as it did the day I got it. Paid $70 for it too.
    I've had my Carcharias for about 3 years too. No issues. Extremely comfortable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Ive got Audtio Technica AD700's, with a Zalman $5 clipon mic.

Best of both worlds =)
    Dammit I hate when people say this, no I dont want a headset like that. I would like a gaming headset no a headset plus mic. I raid and need a gaming headset because of the mic position. Any plus that headset is already 99.99 plus I got to get a stupid mic. I don't have a soundcard on my asus.

10+ Year Old Account
    so many opinions.. no reasons.. why is steel series good? or bad? why is Razer so bad? i like comfort, and visuals of a product. i dont care about the tiny barely noticeable ambient sounds. i care more about does it feel comfy to wear for a few hours at a time? does it look pretty? does it do the mediocre job of letting me hear people talking, and regular game sounds?

its just really annoying to see people be so passionate for or against a product and not give any reasons why they feel how they do.

so.. i like Razer Kraken just for the neat green looks. but id love something in a pretty blue. why is Razer so bad? why is according to others in this thread.. steel series so good?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    so many opinions.. no reasons.. why is steel series good? or bad? why is Razer so bad? i like comfort, and visuals of a product. i dont care about the tiny barely noticeable ambient sounds. i care more about does it feel comfy to wear for a few hours at a time? does it look pretty? does it do the mediocre job of letting me hear people talking, and regular game sounds?

its just really annoying to see people be so passionate for or against a product and not give any reasons why they feel how they do.

so.. i like Razer Kraken just for the neat green looks. but id love something in a pretty blue. why is Razer so bad? why is according to others in this thread.. steel series so good?
    Usually their quality control is poor and that's about the only reason, next to the functionality being on the same level as a 20 to 25$ headset you'd find in a tech store. If you want it because it looks cool and is comfy you should get it - you're the target audience. Most people get pissed off because they market them as if they'd do anything more than a mediocre job in terms of SQ.

Dammit I hate when people say this, no I dont want a headset like that. I would like a gaming headset no a headset plus mic. I raid and need a gaming headset because of the mic position. Any plus that headset is already 99.99 plus I got to get a stupid mic. I don't have a soundcard on my asus.
    Well that's unfortunately the case. Steelseries and razer do a lot of marketing and that's mainly what their budget goes into. Not to say that their products are bad, but they arent really the cream of the crop. They are however functional and convenient.

The other side of the coin is that studio/proffesional/expensive-er headphones are pretty damn great in terms of sound but they dont have a mic.

It's a question of whether you want to settle for mediocrity or do you want to go ahead and diy a headset that'd both sound great and have a good mic. You can do it with a takstar 2050 and an antlion for 100 bucks, no question.( And no, it does not require a sound card ) Or you can just go out and buy a headset because USB is more convenient for you or because you'd like to have a mute LED instead of great sq. It's all down to what you want out of your purchase.

But let me add in a third option : if you want a headset, there's no real need to go with a brandname one, you can go out and just get an a4tech or some chinese brand that doesnt do marketing ( just avoid genius ) - the end result wont be much different from what you'd get with razer or SS. Except for the LEDs. Oh god the LEDs.
    Last edited by Keller; 2013-06-27 at 02:10 AM.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."