Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    All the QQ over hybrids strikes me as "oh noes healers are able to play other specs of their class in pvp, nerf plz".

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    All the QQ over hybrids strikes me as "oh noes healers are able to play other specs of their class in pvp, nerf plz".
    its more that some of these classes who can play multiple roles/specs are out representing (i'm not going to say out performing because i don't think they are) classes that can only play one spec. single spec classes like warriors and rogues feel entitled to having their singular spec be powerful.

    and most of the time they are powerful. rogues are very good, and warriors are only just suffering because rogues and rets put out better burst, giving them better synergy with the stupidity of the hunter/x/priest model.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  3. #43
    Field Marshal Dieselol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    72
    the rps are most likely still there from 5.2

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    its more that some of these classes who can play multiple roles/specs are out representing (i'm not going to say out performing because i don't think they are) classes that can only play one spec. single spec classes like warriors and rogues feel entitled to having their singular spec be powerful.

    and most of the time they are powerful. rogues are very good, and warriors are only just suffering because rogues and rets put out better burst, giving them better synergy with the stupidity of the hunter/x/priest model.
    The strange thing (imo) with warriors is how they have to talent in order to get some of their dps cds, which also conflict with some of their utility (I'm looking at the tier 6 talents, mainly). Choice of 2 dps cds and a control/cc ability. I was about to say they have to talent to get any dps cds, but that's not true (banner/reck).

    Warriors are effectively a pure at this point given the direction Blizz has taken with tanks in pvp (aka GTFO).

  5. #45
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Sometimes i want to strangle the guy who came up with the term "huntard"
    i never listen to the feedback from the people who use this term. (no i'm not defending "hunters" just ranting a bit)
    The term "huntard" comes from Vanilla (Classic WoW) where Hunters were by far the easiest class to level (a powerful pet and later on feign death), which made the class so much easier to level (or at least less stressful to play). Simply put, the amount of bad hunters at max (or higher) level(s) were overrepresented, as these players had spend less time playing the game (and therefore also their class).

    To give a similiar story. Back when season 3 launched (during Tbc), ret paladins were kind of revamped, and they recieved resilience on their pvp gear (beforehand they were the only spec not to have it). Suddenly there was a resurgence of retri paladins in every pvp environment, and it didn't help that paladins were the most popular class back then. Needless to say, most of the many retri paladins had never played retri in pvp beforehand and were therefore quite terrible. Hence the word "retardin" started appearing. Patch 3.0 surely didn't regarding the retri paladin matter, as they all of sudden became far too strong in pvp.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    The term "huntard" comes from Vanilla (Classic WoW) where Hunters were by far the easiest class to level (a powerful pet and later on feign death), which made the class so much easier to level (or at least less stressful to play). Simply put, the amount of bad hunters at max (or higher) level(s) were overrepresented, as these players had spend less time playing the game (and therefore also their class).

    To give a similiar story. Back when season 3 launched (during Tbc), ret paladins were kind of revamped, and they recieved resilience on their pvp gear (beforehand they were the only spec not to have it). Suddenly there was a resurgence of retri paladins in every pvp environment, and it didn't help that paladins were the most popular class back then. Needless to say, most of the many retri paladins had never played retri in pvp beforehand and were therefore quite terrible. Hence the word "retardin" started appearing. Patch 3.0 surely didn't regarding the retri paladin matter, as they all of sudden became far too strong in pvp.
    and subsequently hunters had a tendency to be mouth breathers... also had a tendency to roll need on everything - everything was a hunter weapon!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    The strange thing (imo) with warriors is how they have to talent in order to get some of their dps cds, which also conflict with some of their utility (I'm looking at the tier 6 talents, mainly). Choice of 2 dps cds and a control/cc ability. I was about to say they have to talent to get any dps cds, but that's not true (banner/reck).

    Warriors are effectively a pure at this point given the direction Blizz has taken with tanks in pvp (aka GTFO).
    quite a few classes have to talent their dps cooldowns. priests don't even HAVE a dps cooldown without talenting into PI.

    the only flaw with the warrior talent tree is having to talent into snare/root breaks, safeguard should be baseline in intervene and possibly be given a lower cooldown via a talent to replace it on the tree.

    you are seeing high representation from melee hybrids like ret/feral/enhance because of their synergy with hunters. beastcleave, jungle and ret/hunter/priest are hardly new comps. ret/enhance/feral all have better burst then warriors do, thats why they have better representation, not because warriors are bad, take away the hunter from these comps and ret/enhance are both pretty mediocre.

    the overarching problem is burst, more specifically hunter burst. and any spec that can match their burst is going to excel because they can produce matches that last 30 seconds or less. i'm surprised we haven't seen a return of ret/hunter/rogue.

    much like triple dps, if you can survive the opener in these comps, the dps involved all have such terrible sustained pressure that the longer you draw the match out for the greater chance you have to win.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Ok, so the thread is about representation and nothing but? You're not alluding that because they are highly rep'd they are op?
    lost in all of this is how nice and well presented the site is. that was kinda the original point to the post tbh. apparently they have some things to work out but it's still pretty sick; so good job to to the creator.

    i actually didnt say anything about the balance of representation on purpose in the OP for that reason.. then stupidly; said somethings in response to comments about class balance, and here we are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  9. #49
    I really find it amazing how priests are getting BUFFED in 5.4 while they're in 9 out of the 10 top team comps. Wtf?

  10. #50
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I really find it amazing how priests are getting BUFFED in 5.4 while they're in 9 out of the 10 top team comps. Wtf?
    Shadow is getting removed from arenas.

    The Disc Divine Insight change is for PvE - but it obviously will have an impact on PvP too.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Hybrids need big nerfs. Fucking stupid Ret and Feral and Ele have more rep then Warriors or DKs. Game was better off when the offspecs weren't babysat by the devs.
    I agree with you and I'm starting to hate that situation right now.

    DPS who can heal themselves for full Health Point Bar in a seconds? Check!
    A healer who is doing more damage than it should? Check!

  12. #52
    Brewmaster Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    quite a few classes have to talent their dps cooldowns. priests don't even HAVE a dps cooldown without talenting into PI.

    the only flaw with the warrior talent tree is having to talent into snare/root breaks, safeguard should be baseline in intervene and possibly be given a lower cooldown via a talent to replace it on the tree.

    you are seeing high representation from melee hybrids like ret/feral/enhance because of their synergy with hunters. beastcleave, jungle and ret/hunter/priest are hardly new comps. ret/enhance/feral all have better burst then warriors do, thats why they have better representation, not because warriors are bad, take away the hunter from these comps and ret/enhance are both pretty mediocre.

    the overarching problem is burst, more specifically hunter burst. and any spec that can match their burst is going to excel because they can produce matches that last 30 seconds or less. i'm surprised we haven't seen a return of ret/hunter/rogue.

    much like triple dps, if you can survive the opener in these comps, the dps involved all have such terrible sustained pressure that the longer you draw the match out for the greater chance you have to win.
    Yes it has nothing to do with the 15% Sword of Light buff or the X% buffs to enhance abilities. No its just much easier to blame BM hunters.
    "Machinehead" by Bush "Blood is like wine, unconscious all the time. If I had it all again, I'd change it all."
    (My top song since 05/02/2014) http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwBDnYj7plQ

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Yes it has nothing to do with the 15% Sword of Light buff or the X% buffs to enhance abilities. No its just much easier to blame BM hunters.
    Yeah, those poor BM hunters.

    Give me a fucking break!

  14. #54
    Brewmaster Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Yeah, those poor BM hunters.

    Give me a fucking break!
    No I'm tired of people acting like all of the damage comes from BM hunters in the retarded BM Hunter/Ret/Disc comps. Ret Paladin Burst with Avenger/Wings is literally unhealable it literally rivals 5.1 Warrior burst. The BM hunter is just their to make sure the healer can't do anything for 20 seconds and on top of that Blinding Light doesn't share DR with anything the hunter has. The Disc priest only makes this retarded cleave team even play more aggressively due to the insane shielding Disc can provide.

    Ret Paladins are almost as stupid as 5.0 Warriors were. But let's just pretend that they're balanced and blame BM hunters or better yet Mages. Mages are always the easiest and best scapegoat.
    "Machinehead" by Bush "Blood is like wine, unconscious all the time. If I had it all again, I'd change it all."
    (My top song since 05/02/2014) http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwBDnYj7plQ

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I really find it amazing how priests are getting BUFFED in 5.4 while they're in 9 out of the 10 top team comps. Wtf?
    so many people here are seeing all the priest and calling them op. There are soo many of them because they are best with melee cleaves. When every team is hunter/melee/ x that means there will be alot of priests. not to mention thug was best last patch, soo you have all those priests also. I have and play every healer in pvp, and minus pallys, and shammies( outside of some comps) they are pretty inline with each other. In fact each healer needs a buff. Everyone is forgetting that pvp gear is going to 522 ilvl from 496 while resil stays at 65%.. Considering how insane dmg can be right now, it will be nutts next patch.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 05:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    No I'm tired of people acting like all of the damage comes from BM hunters in the retarded BM Hunter/Ret/Disc comps. Ret Paladin Burst with Avenger/Wings is literally unhealable it literally rivals 5.1 Warrior burst. The BM hunter is just their to make sure the healer can't do anything for 20 seconds and on top of that Blinding Light doesn't share DR with anything the hunter has. The Disc priest only makes this retarded cleave team even play more aggressively due to the insane shielding Disc can provide.

    Ret Paladins are almost as stupid as 5.0 Warriors were. But let's just pretend that they're balanced and blame BM hunters or better yet Mages. Mages are always the easiest and best scapegoat.
    hunters (bm) actually do a ton of dmg. The reason being is 80% of it is the pet thats always on you. Acting like rets/ferals are the problem is wrong, they certainly are crazy, but hunters are still a big part of it. The triple trinket and insane Cc is probably more of a problem, but the dmg and how they do it is still ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Yes it has nothing to do with the 15% Sword of Light buff or the X% buffs to enhance abilities. No its just much easier to blame BM hunters.
    i can't speak for enhance, but ret's survivability is still god awful and they're pretty much defined by their controllability. take the hunter out of the comp and ret is average at best.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  17. #57
    You can lockdown rets during their wings. You can't lock shit out when you fight a huntard.

  18. #58
    I'm just sad I didn't play during 5.0 and 5.1 patch. Yes I play warrior. Playing my warrior in rated pvp just feel like being a burden for my teammates, 2s, 3s or rbgs. I just feel like any class could do better than mine. Warrior is just a dps bot at the moment and it doesnt even have the best dps to begin with. Yes we do have a nice burst but every decent player will always have tools to negate it. Remember its on a 3 minute cooldown. Sustained damage on the other hand is pretty shit in my opinion even with full crit gemming.

    And I dont see how 5.4 buffs will allow a warrior to enter in a 1K8+ rbg without exceptionnal conditions (multiglad, irl friend, boosting, etc). Arenas should be easier tho so Im looking forward to it. I currently scrapped arenas after going down from 1k9 to 1k7 in a night constantly losing to dk/ret/bm/feral.

    hell there isnt a single warrior above 2k in 2s on my battlegroup, and its one of the biggest in eu.

  19. #59
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    You can lockdown rets during their wings. You can't lock shit out when you fight a huntard.
    Bestial Wrath
    When used makes you immune to every single cc and ability in the game, also gives the ability to instantly 1 shot everyone in the arena and heal yourself for a billion damage a second.

    This is what I get from your posts...

    You kill a Hunter's pet and he's pretty much useless, this seems to happen quite a lot on the streams I've been watching. You can also disarm them and you CAN cc them, they just have 2 trinkets before Readiness and 1 after. If you kill the pet then there's no BW or trinket, also.

    I agree with ryan, it's stupid how everyone pretends every other class is fine because LOL HUNTERS. Yes, Hunters are too strong but so are Ferals and to some degree, Rets are. Not to mention Shamans, sup, oh, I popped swifty, you dead. Ever watched the mitchjones stream? Sometimes he literally says "I'm going x class" 2 seconds later, "he's dead". Yeah, Mages are getting nerfed next patch so you'll probably say that's irrelevant, but so are Hunters. To act differently is just ignorance and plain hate towards Hunters, just like your posts, khorine.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 10:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    I'm just sad I didn't play during 5.0 and 5.1 patch. Yes I play warrior. Playing my warrior in rated pvp just feel like being a burden for my teammates, 2s, 3s or rbgs. I just feel like any class could do better than mine. Warrior is just a dps bot at the moment and it doesnt even have the best dps to begin with. Yes we do have a nice burst but every decent player will always have tools to negate it. Remember its on a 3 minute cooldown. Sustained damage on the other hand is pretty shit in my opinion even with full crit gemming.

    And I dont see how 5.4 buffs will allow a warrior to enter in a 1K8+ rbg without exceptionnal conditions (multiglad, irl friend, boosting, etc). Arenas should be easier tho so Im looking forward to it. I currently scrapped arenas after going down from 1k9 to 1k7 in a night constantly losing to dk/ret/bm/feral.

    hell there isnt a single warrior above 2k in 2s on my battlegroup, and its one of the biggest in eu.
    Warrior wasn't exactly fun at the start of MoP, you were godly during cd's and then poor without. Wasn't much fun, tbh.
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-06-25 at 09:47 AM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    No I'm tired of people acting like all of the damage comes from BM hunters in the retarded BM Hunter/Ret/Disc comps. Ret Paladin Burst with Avenger/Wings is literally unhealable it literally rivals 5.1 Warrior burst. The BM hunter is just their to make sure the healer can't do anything for 20 seconds and on top of that Blinding Light doesn't share DR with anything the hunter has. The Disc priest only makes this retarded cleave team even play more aggressively due to the insane shielding Disc can provide.

    Ret Paladins are almost as stupid as 5.0 Warriors were. But let's just pretend that they're balanced and blame BM hunters or better yet Mages. Mages are always the easiest and best scapegoat.

    hunters damage is very strong perhaps no ret burst but add in the hunters low cd control and they're alot of the blame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •