Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Arena Representation site - s13 ; repost from AJ

    have a look;

    http://www.arenamate.net/

    created by Syralia

    seems more accurate / current than alternatives also more consolidated.

    ps.. why is always healers writing the good stuff ... hmmmm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  2. #2
    No they can't be right. Rets are terrible remember?
    /sarcasm.

    Hunters everywhere, shocker. A priest in 8 of the top 9 comps, also shocker. And disc is getting more buffs in 5.4, seriously they need to fix the healer problems more than the dps ones.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,175
    Hybrids need big nerfs. Fucking stupid Ret and Feral and Ele have more rep then Warriors or DKs. Game was better off when the offspecs weren't babysat by the devs.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    No they can't be right. Rets are terrible remember?
    /sarcasm.

    Hunters everywhere, shocker. A priest in 8 of the top 9 comps, also shocker. And disc is getting more buffs in 5.4, seriously they need to fix the healer problems more than the dps ones.
    i laughed.. cause you know someone will come in here and quote you and claim that rets are bad cause Vangaurds says so, or some garbo.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 03:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Hybrids need big nerfs. Fucking stupid Ret and Feral and Ele have more rep then Warriors or DKs. Game was better off when the offspecs weren't babysat by the devs.
    yea that was disappointing to see.. hunter the only pure dps spec in a legit rank [edit]- i guess mages could be there to at +7 %.

    bothers me that there are more sub rogues than aff locks over 2200. on the bright side; i feel like a star :/.. jk carried by ele.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-06-24 at 03:26 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  5. #5
    The Patient Ogawdspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    A priest in 8 of the top 9 comps, also shocker. And disc is getting more buffs in 5.4, seriously they need to fix the healer problems more than the dps ones.
    This is because Disc cried so much in 5.0 that they had to do something.. I don't think they need more buffs though.

    But i completely agree with the second point. I think the dps problem needs to be fixed first.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire alkyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Hybrids need big nerfs. Fucking stupid Ret and Feral and Ele have more rep then Warriors or DKs. Game was better off when the offspecs weren't babysat by the devs.
    I think you are reading the chart incorrectly. If your comment is based on Top 10 specs then it's not about representation but popularity of that spec. If you are reading Class rep, then hybrid classes are represented more simply because each hybrid class has a minimum of 2 roles and different people playing different roles of one hybrid class results in more representation than a pure DD class with single role.

    And by the way, DKs and Warriors are hybrid classes too.
    Last edited by alkyd; 2013-06-24 at 03:44 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    I think you are reading the chart incorrectly. If your comment is based on Top 10 specs then it's not about representation but popularity of that spec. If you are reading Top 10 Class rep, then hybrid classes are represented more simply because each hybrid classes has a minimum of 2 roles and people play different role which results in more representation than a class with single role.

    And by the way, DKs and Warriors are hybrid class too.
    uhm..

    well 1 - spec numbers are representation because that's the over 2200 numbers.

    2 - valid point sure, but things like pally - where there are really very few holy pallys around at that rating - you can still assume ret #s are much higher than all 3 specs of warr.. for example.

    3 - hybrid is used here to distinguish between classes with healing and dps specs..since tanking doesn't really have a place in > 2200 arenas. so dks by that definition aren't really hybrids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  8. #8
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,720
    Hmm nice, another site with numbers I can rub into peoples faces when they start talking nonsense. /me gusta

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire alkyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    379
    Then warrior is the only class that's far behind. Other pure DD classes are on par with hybrid classes that chose DD spec.

    Also looking at a bigger picture, there are a total of 1219 pure DD classes vs ~ 880 hybrid classes with DD specs in 2200+ bracket (incl. Enhancement & Balance), or 39.43 % vs ~28.04 % respectively.

    I didn't count windwalkers here because I don't know how many of them in 2200+ but they are so few that it doesn't matter.

    So the conclusion is hybrids don't need nerfs at all as pure DD classes are still a majority.
    Last edited by alkyd; 2013-06-24 at 04:41 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Hybrids need big nerfs. Fucking stupid Ret and Feral and Ele have more rep then Warriors or DKs. Game was better off when the offspecs weren't babysat by the devs.
    ret is high because they synergize well with hunters. they literally have one comp they can play, take away the hunter and they are at best average. hunters and we all know that hunters are the winners of the dumb prize for the season. feral is also high because it has good synergy with both hunters and shadow priests.

    i don't know what to tell you about elemental, i've been gibbed by them if they get even three free casts off on me. is S8 style LSD all over again.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  11. #11
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,159
    Cool site, thanks for sharing Lul
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  12. #12
    I like how the #1 DK on that list is in full greens and freshly 90.
    Same thing for the Mage on the team.

  13. #13
    nerf huntards
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    bothers me that there are more sub rogues than aff locks over 2200. on the bright side; i feel like a star :/.. jk carried by ele.
    rogues there from before nerfs, aff locks have always been weak/average
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I like how the #1 DK on that list is in full greens and freshly 90.
    Same thing for the Mage on the team.
    russians

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Hybrids need big nerfs. Fucking stupid Ret and Feral and Ele have more rep then Warriors or DKs. Game was better off when the offspecs weren't babysat by the devs.
    Not all hybrids, and im pretty sure some full dps classes can be much better. you could say it almost about everything, and if were looking at offspecs being babysat we would see EVERY pure dps class having less rep

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    And by the way, DKs and Warriors are hybrid classes too.
    I'm fairly certain you don't know what a hybrid is.

  16. #16
    Huntards. The 3.0 ret pala.

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire alkyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I'm fairly certain you don't know what a hybrid is.
    Well, I accept the fact that Warriors and DKs may not be considered as hybrid in PvP environment especially in high brackets. Nevertheless, I am open to your explanations as how they are not hybrid in general? I would be even happy to hear what a hybrid is from your point of view.
    Last edited by alkyd; 2013-06-24 at 06:21 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    Well, I accept the fact that Warriors and DKs may not be considered as hybrid in PvP environment especially in high brackets. Nevertheless, I am open to your explanations as how they are not hybrid in general? I would be even happy to hear what a hybrid is from your point of view.
    Ill give this a shot.

    Having a healer spec within the class would obviously have some heal abilities overflow into the dps specs. For instance, flash of light, healing surge (Holy-Ret, Resto-Enh/Ele). Thats where the term comes in, a hybrid--a mix between a healer and a dps with more emphasis on the dps.

    If you think about it a DPS and a Tank generally use very similar abilites where the tanks are just usually more potent. So having a Tank spec "overflow" into a dps spec would not bring about the mix or "hybrid" between the specs as a healer would.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire alkyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Ill give this a shot.

    Having a healer spec within the class would obviously have some heal abilities overflow into the dps specs. For instance, flash of light, healing surge (Holy-Ret, Resto-Enh/Ele). Thats where the term comes in, a hybrid--a mix between a healer and a dps with more emphasis on the dps.

    If you think about it a DPS and a Tank generally use very similar abilites where the tanks are just usually more potent. So having a Tank spec "overflow" into a dps spec would not bring about the mix or "hybrid" between the specs as a healer would.
    I don't think you understand what a hybrid class is.

    Hybrid classes are classes which can fill more than one of the core PvE roles: tank, healer, or damage dealer. There are 2 types of hybrid classes: 3 way hybrids and 2 way hybrids. Warrior and DKs fall into category of 2 way hybrids. (source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Hybrid_class#...on_of_a_hybrid)
    So it doesn't mean that if a class doesn't have a heal spec it's not hybrid.

    Hybrid is not defined by their abilities but by their roles.
    Last edited by alkyd; 2013-06-24 at 07:56 AM.

  20. #20
    Is representation relevant?

    I say this because despite the QQ about hybrids rank 1. is a mage and dk ranking 6th & 9th respectively with regards to class rep.
    and again rank 2 a dk rank 3 has a mage.

    The largest discrepancy that can and should be argued isn't really class balance (although there are some issues eg: where are warriors?). It's the damn choice of faction, look at the humans lol 34% with forsaken 2nd place 18%.

    TLDR: Some people are making out that rets, feral, ele's and hybrids in general are op, but the argument is debunked when the top spots have dk's and mages in them.

    Playstyle and difficulty aside just because certain (hybrid) classes are highly represented doesn't mean your class is turd as is showcased by the DK.

    *Hypothetically speaking if 0.1% are playing locks but there is a lock in rank 1, there ain't nothing wrong with locks.
    Last edited by spaceape; 2013-06-24 at 07:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •