Poll: Do you support?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post
    Educated decisions are overrated in a democracy. They let everyone vote, even though many people don't know anything about what they're voting for.
    So true.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
    - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Never realized so many jew-haters played wow, but with all the talk of the toxic community - makes a lot of sense.
    It's a pretty classic opinion from an American. Is it a coincedence that EVERY country in the world frowns upon Israel right now. The only country in the world who agrees with Israel, is the USA. But of course you couldn't be wrong. I'm not a "jew-hater". I don't agree with anyone in this conflict, but i dislike them both.

Deleted
    Never realized so many jew-haters played wow, but with all the talk of the toxic community - makes a lot of sense.
    there´s a difference between hating jews and being anti israel

the whole middle east is one big mess of sand and blood.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Well allow me to clear up somethings.

There was never. EVER. In the history of the world, a state called Palestine. Ever.
    During WWII and shortly after it, the british empire occupied what was geographically called Palestine, but it was under british mandate.

The gaza strip, was a part of Egypt.
    The west bank was a part of Jordan.

So really, there is no "Palestinian loss of land". There is Jordanian loss of land. There is Syrian loss of land. There is Egyptian loss of land.
    However, the people who live in these parts, and identify themselves as Palestinians since they live in a land that was used to be called geographically Palestine, said "We are indigenous people. We deserve our own state."

And they do!
    However, they have no right to play the "loss of land" card. Simply because they didn't have any land to begin with.
    The gaza strip was under egyptian rule until egypt lost it in the 6 day war, along with the sinai peninsula (Israel gave back sinai to egypt in exchange for peace).
    The west bank was under jordanian rule until jordan lost it in the 6 day war.

Israel gave up the gaza strip to the palestinian authority (which then lost it to hamas) and the west bank. But it has never belonged to the Palestinian people to begin with.

Deleted
    link
    ill just leave this...

PS: i dont think all jewish israelis are that way and i also don't think all palestenians are saints far from it... but the settlers are nuts.. period.

Deleted
    Being very simple about this complicated matter, I do not see how anyone could support the state/nation of todays Israel. I do not understand any argument justifying plain out stealing land from the people living there.

I support Israel completely and unequivocably.

There is also no justification for a Palestinian state anywhere but in the Gaza strip. You have to remember that when Israel was established, there was also land set aside for the Palestinians. This land was forcibly annexed by Jordan soon afterwards and the Palestinians were forced out or killed.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I think only Americans really support Israel these days, and that support may well be lessening. But either way, Israel is not a popular country at present.

Israel is far too complex an issue to properly discuss so briefly, and so I refrain from voting, yet I find it somewhat ironic that the Israelis despise Nazism yet fail to learn from its lessons all the same. The eternal wheel of law...
    Last edited by Mathranos; 2013-07-01 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post

There is also no justification for a Palestinian state anywhere but in the Gaza strip. You have to remember that when Israel was established, there was also land set aside for the Palestinians. This land was forcibly annexed by Jordan soon afterwards and the Palestinians were forced out or killed.
    Yeah cause all "palestinians" can live in the gaza strip.. load of bullshit....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    This one is really simple. Israel COULD have built schools, homes and hospitals for the palestinian people. Israel has FULL controll on all the resources, after all. They COULD basically make it more desirable for the Palestinians to play nice! But what is Israel currently doing? They throw palestinians out of their homes, shut down schools, hopsitals etc., they send the most conservative and anti-muslim settlers they can find, and in Hebron (for example) the palestines are forced by the military to avoid certain areas (like the MAIN MARKET PLACE!) whenever a visiting group of settlers/Americans are getting a tour.

Israel COULD have won over the palestinian populace decades ago, but they choose to only prolong the conflict. So let them reap what they sow.
    My thoughts pretty much this.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 09:39 PM ----------

How is not agreeing with certain Israel's policy as hating Jew?

The justification is that it was their land before being arbitrarily taken away by the West to set up Israel. That's like the UN unilaterally deciding to give all of Florida except the panhandle to Cuban exiles and forcing all 'natives' to move to Pensacola. Hey, they had land set aside for them so they can't complain... right?

Also, being anti-Israel has nothing whatsoever to do with 'jew-hating'! I hate people that act like dicks, regardless of their race or religion. They could be followers of the Great Juju on the Mountain for all I care. That's also why I don't blame the vast majority of peace-loving Israelis for their fascist government's dick moves.

Deleted
    There is also no justification for a Palestinian state anywhere but in the Gaza strip. You have to remember that when Israel was established, there was also land set aside for the Palestinians.
    I don't understand this argument. They took the Palestinians land, but instead of taking everything they left a little strip for them to live in. Are they supposed to be happy about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogash View Post
    The justification is that it was their land before being arbitrarily taken away by the West to set up Israel. That's like the UN unilaterally deciding to give all of Florida except the panhandle to Cuban exiles and forcing all 'natives' to move to Pensacola. Hey, they had land set aside for them so they can't complain... right?

Also, being anti-Israel has nothing whatsoever to do with 'jew-hating'! I hate people that act like dicks, regardless of their race or religion. They could be followers of the Great Juju on the Mountain for all I care. That's also why I don't blame the vast majority of peace-loving Israelis for their fascist government's dick moves.
    i agree with in all but 1 part. it's not only their government but also the ultra orthodox jews which will insist on :"god gave us this land its written in the torah/bible, so we gonna take it" which further boil the whole situation.
    that being said the radical muslim are just as bad.

I have nothing against Israel people. I myself know a sweet couple from Israel and we are still in touch. However, Israel as a state is mad, mad as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by fittler View Post
    I don't understand this argument. They took the Palestinians land, but instead of taking everything they left a little strip for them to live in. Are they supposed to be happy about that?
    Gaza strip was under Egyptian control and the population there was Egyptian, Egypt refused to take Gaza strip under their control following their defeat in 1967.

Deleted
    Why can I only say yes or no?

I don't see any reason to have an opinion on the state of Israel as a European.
    It's a country in a different part of the world that we have no connection with.

I dont support an apartheid and terrorist state that constantly holds the politics of other countries hostage,... who constantly plays the victim card,... who constantly brings up the holocaust to further their own agendas.
    I dont hate jews but i fucking hate Israel.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't support America's level of interaction with Israel.

They have done nothing for us to deserve the special status that we hold them in when you consider the massive amounts of things we have done for them.

Israel is like that little cousin you go hunting with and when you give them the gun they run off randomly shooting at things. I feel like half of our interactions with Israel + whoever can be summarized as "settle down now, children".
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaving Israel out in the cold is asking for nuclear war. If Israel has no one but itself to turn to for defense, there will very likely within our lifetimes come a time that Israel is attacked either with weapons of mass destruction or a conventional military too strong to overcome forcing Israel to use its nuclear arsenal in self defense. Unless at the very least regional nuclear war in the Middle East is to be considered an acceptable inevitability, there must be a force more powerful than the entire Middle East that stands behind Israel to keep the rest of the Middle East in check to some degree.

In the end, it doesn’t even matter whether you like or dislike Israel. If you want to either prevent or reduce the likelihood of nuclear war, they must be supported against forces that have proven themselves to desire the absolute destruction of the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Israel is like that little cousin you go hunting with and when you give them the gun they run off randomly shooting at things. I feel like half of our interactions with Israel + whoever can be summarized as "settle down now, children".
    When nuclear arsenals are involved, if our telling them to “settle down” has even the slightest affect to actually settle them down, then I believe our involvement is justifiable.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8