10H Twin Consorts, possible not to let beast spawn?

Hi guys we were attempting twin consorts on 10H. We found that there are a couple of times (3 times in like 10 ish attempts?), the beast during p1 didn't spawn as expected. I'm not sure what happened, either bugged or we accidentally did anything. Does anyone else had this happened? And if it's intended (not considered as a "bug"), any way we can use this?

Thank you!

Deleted
    I think I know what happened, we used a tactic to only get 1 beast for our first normal kills, but as you said, it feels "buggy" and exploitish and afaik these forums do not support exploits, so cant really share it here. I would suggest you to just do the fight as intended.

Using exploits to do fights are never funny, we used a 'tactic' on feng the accursed that made all his arcane AoEs and earthquakes do 0 damage (literally 0 damage). When we got the kill it felt kinda bad but it prevented our undergeared healers from going oom. Second week we did it properly and it felt better killing it then than the firstk ill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that's ever happened to me, but once in LFR we killed Lu'lin before phase 2 and Suen never used a single Fan of Flames, probably intended at least for LFR.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I don't think that's ever happened to me, but once in LFR we killed Lu'lin before phase 2 and Suen never used a single Fan of Flames, probably intended at least for LFR.
    Happens on normal as well, makes single tanking it more than a possibility assuming your healers can keep up with the stacks never dropping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockgoblin View Post
    Happens on normal as well, makes single tanking it more than a possibility assuming your healers can keep up with the stacks never dropping.
    Well thread is about H, and on H you need the meteors for Nuclear Inferno (Can stackup for first ones, but I imagine thee 2/3/4 will kill you )

Deleted
    We always single tanked it on normal even without killing Lu'Lin before P2. Fan of Flames only stack up to 10 so they are not really an issue in normal (10).

True but I do feel hard to draw a line between "bug" and intended. Basically, Blz has the right to judge. If they feel it's exploits, it's exploits; if they are OK with it, it is OK. AMS can prevent you from getting Ionization and Slimed and Explosive Slam and so on and they are OK with that. Not to mention they are OK with pally bubbling off 90% of the debuff which is the only reason to bring 2 tanks. I didn't feel that much difference. I'm just trying to do everything that can be done. Speaking of fair, *shrugs*, who knows.

PS: I'm not sure how much I sound like a bug user. If you thinking this way that there are 12 attempts, in 3 attempts we have 1 out of 3 beasts didn't spawn so that I was wondering if there is any mechanic inside this and we were missing. I really don't feel that much difference than AMS a static shock debuff off Jin'rokh.
    Last edited by jasonleekungfu; 2013-06-24 at 06:45 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    We always single tanked it on normal even without killing Lu'Lin before P2. Fan of Flames only stack up to 10 so they are not really an issue in normal (10).
    Blazing Radiance, not fan of flames. But you're right, it's a non-issue assuming competent healers either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, the beast wasn't much of a problem, especially once they made it such that tanks self heals didn't proc the DoT on themselves, I just tank each of the beasts and Lu'lin together for the entire phase without a tank swap.

Deleted
    Blazing Radiance, not fan of flames. But you're right, it's a non-issue assuming competent healers either way.
    No, fan of flames. The tank debuff, it only stacks until 10 was what I was referring to.

Blazing radiance is the AE. But really, killing the frostitute in the first phase seems like more trouble than it is worth, those comets are nice.

Deleted
    If you are still tanking the previous beast when she casts a new one it won't spawn, IIRC you don't get a debuff either.

Not really worth trying to game it, the beast just feels like something you can cheese cleave as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    If you are still tanking the previous beast when she casts a new one it won't spawn, IIRC you don't get a debuff either.

Not really worth trying to game it, the beast just feels like something you can cheese cleave as a tank.
    That's wrong

The reason you sometimes only get one beast to spawn, is due to the other tank killing theirs, when YOU get the debuff saying you're about to have a beast spawn. (you have like a 3 second window)

When the other tank kills theirs in that window, yours just pops up and dies. People have used that trick in heroic to save themselves from having a 3rd beast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    That's wrong

The reason you sometimes only get one beast to spawn, is due to the other tank killing theirs, when YOU get the debuff saying you're about to have a beast spawn. (you have like a 3 second window)

When the other tank kills theirs in that window, yours just pops up and dies. People have used that trick in heroic to save themselves from having a 3rd beast.
    Confirmed, happened to use by accident, and exactly this happened. Don't see any point in trying to achieve it tho, since with the ilvl now the fight is a joke, you can 3 heal it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    No, fan of flames. The tank debuff, it only stacks until 10 was what I was referring to.

Blazing radiance is the AE. But really, killing the frostitute in the first phase seems like more trouble than it is worth, those comets are nice.
    You need a lot more than competent healers to single tank a non-bugged Suen phase, since anything past the fourth or fifth Fan will 1-shot most tanks, you will need a rotation of tank cd's and externals from that up until the boss dies, which for the vast majority of guilds simply will not work.

That being said though, once you overgear the fight in normal mode and are not killing heroic yet, just pop Hero in the Lulin phase and kill her before the transition, it bugs out Suen so that after the first Fan and first Charge, she will never use any special ability again, turns into a patchwerk fight where you can stack up and just outheal the stacking AE damage. Not possible on Heroic though.
    Last edited by Vakna; 2013-06-24 at 12:22 PM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..