Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    My guess is that a close ally of Garrosh will take over the Horde, and that a part of the Horde Splits of to join a third faction, formed by the Darkspear, joined by the Kirin'Tor, as Jaina also splits of from the Alliance as Alliance and Horde continue with a devastating war. Dalaran will move to theramore as the capitol of this 3rd faction, which will be a neutral faction to Alliance and Horde.
    That's a remarkable dream you've got there, but it's extremely unlikely that they'd add a third faction at this date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I think this is too obvious, and even Metzen realizes it. It's more likely that CDev will deliberately work to exclude Thrall, simply to get him out of the limelight. The fans generally feel Thrall is "done" and his story is sidelined after Cata.

He's back in MoP simply because he must return to set this right -- you will note however the writers have severely downplayed his involvement. He's not leading the rebellion. He's not carving a path of fire and jagged earth up to Garrosh's doorstep... he "lends a hand" on the Echo Isles (we do most of the work) and then, aloud, ponders if he should even be fighting his fellow orcs. Later, he continues to show he is pained by what is happening (Horde versus Horde) and that he is going to Orgrimmar, alone, to parlay with any orcs not currently sipping the Garrosh Flavor-Aid. He's definitely not psyching us up.
    I'm 100% with you on the score that "Thrall is done"; his story completed when Deathwing fell, and he's now the World Shaman which (to me) is a full time job. Once he calms them all down, it's effectively his racket to keep them calm and relate to them in a way only a shaman could.

That said, I'm also with you regarding his involvement being minor and that being a sign that he's not going to step up again. It would be extremely strange to see this uprising with Thrall playing no part in it. Yet... It was he and Vol'jin who founded the Horde, which is potentially why Vol'jin might take on the Warchief mantle temporarily. This is assuming the title stays as we understand it now, of course.

All that said, would the armour of Orgrim Doomhammer weigh well on Lor'themar Theron? I'm slowly coming round to the idea that it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    In my personal opinion, yes, I think Thrall should be doing all of these things... he should be more active, more fist-pumping, because he is a Horde hero. He should go out with a bang. But the writers again seem to be tucking him into bed. and he's very reluctant right now to make any bold moves to retake the Horde. Maybe that will change in SoO and he'll be there rallying the players and NPCs, but I somehow doubt it. We'll see Mopey Thrall in his robes (not the Doomplate) grumble at Garrosh during the final fight, become disabled, and then we have to clean up. Heck, I wouldn't be very surprised if Thrall handed the Doom-gear down to the next Warchief after SoO -- something that significant would truly send Thrall down Retirement Alley.
    Despite my deep cynicism about Metzen and him choosing to shoehorn Thrall back into the limelight where he doesn't belong... I can't shake the feeling that Garrosh is going to finish what he started before the Scourge invasion that sent him to Northrend. I just feel... I don't know. I think the story of Thrall is really about to end, and it's this fact that gets everyone, even orcs, to finally give up on Garrosh.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    That's a remarkable dream you've got there, but it's extremely unlikely that they'd add a third faction at this date.
    I think they'll do away with red and blue entirely before a third faction arrives.

I hope it isn't Aggra. >.>

Deleted
    I think i would be intersting for the future battle between horde and alliance if the alliance would turn on the revolution and destroy Orgrimmar scattering the horde, leaving it warchief less so to say. So that the horde would have to rebuild itself and take vengence on the alliance in future xpacs. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    then tell varian to step down.

sylvanas as warchief? you'll have another rebellion. She'll raise the wrong characters back and cause chaos.
    lor'themar and vol'jin are weak, pathetic excuses of leaders and orcs don't take orders from lesser races.
    thrall wont come back he's the world's shaman. orc leader will be saurfang most likely.
    baine is best option yea he's young but,he is exactly like cairne, and cairne was the better choice over garrosh
    wrathion is going to be a raid boss at some point he's more corrupt than garrosh. he's secretly trying to rule azeroth
    Blood Elves may be weak and lesser, but Trolls definitely are not - They've fought side by side with Orcs since Warcraft 3.

Saurfang, he's perfect, he has the intellect of Thrall and the power of Garrosh