Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Okay, that's enough "PC's are slow" bs for today.

Anyone who says that the PS4 or XB1 is faster than an $800 gaming PC are just wrong.

First foremost, you don't want to program direct to metal for AMD hardware. You really, really don't. Their architecture is so confusing and full of hacked and patched legacy crap from trying to copy Intel and NVIDIA but a cheaper price points it will blow your mind. This is why the console have API's. Guess what? The Xbox 1 will run Windows and use DirectX 11, and the PS4 runs on FreeBSD with OpenGL, custom drivers, and another custom 3D API I sadly cannot recall the name of.

It's exactly the same as on the PC. And I promise you that my GTX680 is capable of delivering far more than 1.4TFLOPS, never mind the XB1 having just half of that.

All these E3 demos were running on actual gamer PC's.

Consoles do allow developers to tune their apps very specifically which is nice, but console games won't run that much faster for the hardware than PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    PS4 should be compared to a high end PC, game developers have been saying this for long. Crysis 3 & Metro can barely run on a PC while PS4's killzone & Division makes any game on the pc market look like a joke.

I say PS4 because Xbox One have a worse GPU..
    Consoles do not work the same on the PC though, they are very optimized and don't run other shit in the background.
    PS4 is 10x more powerful than the PS3 since the 8 core CPU on the last predessor is not really compareable to a real 8 core like the new generation.

Consoles also make it possible for more games to work on more cores and grapphics should be better than ever before.
    You're kidding right?
    PS4 is essentially an entry level 500 dollar PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I don't understand the purpose by the picture or your logic mate.

If we say exclusive consoles titles (that aren't coming to PC) ran on 780/Titan, they would have to spend years coding a system to run optimized on that system, then code it back to the PS4? I don't buy that, it doesn't make sense. A PS4 is also essentially a PC, the only thing you see different is the outside(case) with a different working system that are optimized only for gaming, which PC's arent 100 % made for.
    well, for one they have spent years, we've had rumors of next gen hardware for a few years now

but with a console, you can create an API that translates your dev hardware directly to an emulated version of the console hardware (we're actually expecting the reverse with next gen games, with them being x86 based an emulator to play both ps4 and xb1 games should not be hard)

you have to keep in mind that development it all done on PCs, what makes the PS4 special is the fact that you get a top rated gaming for $400 instead of $1400 or $4000, but it is in no way massively better than PCs, that's just marketing hype, i know a lot of the stuff being announced is really cool, but you have to look at it with a cynical point of view, and keep in mind that Sony is not your friend, they are playing on anti xbox hype atm, but they are doing just as many bad things with the PS4, gone are the days where a console was just a console, unless you count the Wii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    You're kidding right?
    PS4 is essentially an entry level 500 dollar PC.
    What part of you can't compare it to a PC is hard for you to understand?
    You are so wrong though.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Celeron G1620 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.97 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6570 1GB Video Card ($44.99 @ Microcenter)
    Case: Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($45.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Acer G215HVBbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Keyboard: Rosewill RK-201 Wired Standard Keyboard ($5.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Microsoft SideWinder X3 Wired Laser Mouse ($14.77 @ Mac Mall)
    Total: $495.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-24 23:33 EDT-0400)

This crap wont even play BF3 at lowest settings.

I quote "Inside the PS4 is, essentially, a specialized mid-range gaming PC. There’s an 8-core AMD Jaguar/Kabini x86-64 CPU, a Radeon 7870-derived GPU with 18 compute units (vs. Xbox One’s 12 CUs), and 8GB of unified GDDR5 RAM. The only standout feature here is the RAM, which provides both the CPU and GPU with 176GB/sec of unified (shared) memory. As always, though, it’s unfair to directly compare a console’s hardware with the PC equivalent — in reality, once developers write code that specifically targets the PS4′s hardware, we should see performance and visuals that compare to your top-end gaming PC. (Read: Xbox One vs. PS4 vs. PC: How the hardware specs compare.)"

Source: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/15...-anti-xbox-one
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-06-25 at 03:43 AM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)