Deleted

[Elemental] Flameshock + Wush

Should you always recast flameshock when your wushoolay's is on 10 stacks?
    Last edited by mmoc0efb686282; 2013-06-24 at 01:03 PM.

So I did some testing (and math to confirm the testing) with my gear and the heroic thunderforged wushoolay's. Here's what I found:

Flame shock (initial + dot damage):
    -No procs: 127100
    -10 stack wushoolay's proc: 191749
    -Difference: 64649 (50.9% increase)

Lava burst:
    -No procs: 140861
    -10 stack wushoolay: 220343
    -Difference: 79482 (56.4% increase)

7 stack fulmination (fulmination + earth shock damage)
    -No procs: 110696
    -10 stack wushoolay: 172351
    -Difference: 61655 (55.7% increase)

This would suggest that a lava burst gives me the biggest gain at 10 stack wushoolay's given no other procs. In a more general sense however, if you have the legendary meta gem, it is better to apply FS when the meta gem proc is up. Doing so will add 3-4 ticks, and in addition to increasing the total damage of the spell by a good amount (~20-25%), it also gives you that many more chances for a lava surge proc. In the long run, this will give you more damage.

The short version: No, reapply FS based on when it's about to fall off and ideally when the meta gem is up. It's a nice bonus if that happens while wushoolay's is up too, but don't prioritize that.

You should only recast fkame shock with the meta if you are gaining more ticks than youre giving up with the recast....in general ill refresh when the meta is about to expire at 10 seconds or less left on flame shock

Deleted
    So it's not worth recasting Flameshock 6sec left, when wush is on 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Namana View Post
    So I did some testing (and math to confirm the testing) with my gear and the heroic thunderforged wushoolay's. Here's what I found:

Flame shock (initial + dot damage):
    -No procs: 127100
    -10 stack wushoolay's proc: 191749
    -Difference: 64649 (50.9% increase)

Lava burst:
    -No procs: 140861
    -10 stack wushoolay: 220343
    -Difference: 79482 (56.4% increase)

7 stack fulmination (fulmination + earth shock damage)
    -No procs: 110696
    -10 stack wushoolay: 172351
    -Difference: 61655 (55.7% increase)

This would suggest that a lava burst gives me the biggest gain at 10 stack wushoolay's given no other procs. In a more general sense however, if you have the legendary meta gem, it is better to apply FS when the meta gem proc is up. Doing so will add 3-4 ticks, and in addition to increasing the total damage of the spell by a good amount (~20-25%), it also gives you that many more chances for a lava surge proc. In the long run, this will give you more damage.

The short version: No, reapply FS based on when it's about to fall off and ideally when the meta gem is up. It's a nice bonus if that happens while wushoolay's is up too, but don't prioritize that.
    UE into LvB+FS is pretty yummy

Haven't done the math, though

UE was fixed and affects only one cast, you won't get anything extra from a lava surge FS or and EB FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    UE was fixed and affects only one cast, you won't get anything extra from a lava surge FS or and EB FS.
    Definitely still buffs both... just tested it 5 minutes ago

but when you LvB + FS the LvB is *not* credited with the extra FS buff damage (at least not on any of my tests). If my tests are correct that cuts into your damage increase.

You're supposed to hit that combo before flame shock is about to expire. You keep the 50% increase and both spells are affected by UE.

So it's not worth recasting Flameshock 6sec left, when wush is on 10?
    earth shock @ 7 stack deals more damage than flame shock (if we remove the "lvb proc" component), so you'd be better casting an earth shock (provided you have more than ~4-5stack) than a flame shock. Maybe if you have 0 stack and Lvb is not up it might be slightly better to flame shock than cast a lb, but I'm not even sure.

UE into LvB+FS is pretty yummy
    problem is that there is rarelly more than 2-3 opportunities to use it on a 5+minutes fight, as you'd want lvb to be off cd just before flame shock expire (and shock timer up but that should not be a problem), and if you get a proc during UF's gcd you're screwed (as, except if you stand really far away, I'm pretty sure Lvb will hit before the end of the gcd), so dps gain is verry minor (iirc it was a ~50-100dps increase (slightly more than the statistical error...) when I simed it with t14 gear)