Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People need to stop using LFR as some kind of "told you so" example to prove how easy the game is....it's meant to be easy?!

How many games have a easy, medium and hard mode? Lots, but it seems only in MMO's can you do something on the easiest setting and assume it tells you something about the hardest.

Can you get gear and tier pieces, yes you can. The lowest possible level of them, again if that's all you want go crazy, but they don't compare to heroic items and you're a fool if you think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    1-button press your way through Vanilla raids? Yeah, I'd love to see you 1-button press your way through Razorgore... or any AQ40 boss for that matter.
    Fine, fine. Several classes had 2 buttons they had to press in their "rotation". One of the hunters in my guild bound several keys to his mousewheel and would just mouse his way through many boss fights. I guess that technically counts as 2 buttons and a wheel?

Chief reason for this is that most guilds NEVER even got into Naxx40, nevermind beating AQ40 prior... they were all too busy trying to end-game raid progress than to offer people paid hitches on older raid tiers.
    Oh, people would pay for BWL and AQ gear(and even MC gear before it got so easy) as well. And for any guild making any progress in Naxx, running BWL was a joke. But a joke that any Naxx guild was forced to run over and over again because of certain Naxx requirements. AQ was a pain because of the trash, but if you needed to drag some guildies along anyway hoping for a couple of specific spots, why not sell a few raid slots for gold? You see all those raid groups in trade these days pugging for the last spot in their raid? Why just grab a random pug when you can have a rich casual pay you for the chance at loot he would never get to see otherwise?

I'm not talking about a guild throwing together 40 people just to sell the run. Guilds were forced to re-run lots of old raids for specific gear drops or to gear out new recruits anyway, so why not sell a spot or two to a casual with lots of gold(probably bought)?
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-06-25 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    You have tiered gear that looks the same only with a lower item level.

Both Ulduar and IC were great raids which were "progressively" nerfed as well. But effort was still rewarded, whereas now you can afk your way through LFR and get a tiered set.

The season 3 shoulders required 2k rating. The weapon 1850 rating.

You were saying?
    I think he was saying 4/8 T6 / 4/5 S4 + Glaive Rogue + Resto Druid 2v2, Resto Druid + Warr S3/s4, Resto Druid / Rogue S3/S4, Rogue/Mage S3/S4, Rogue/Priest S3/S4, Priest Mage S3/S4.

2k rating was hard in s3/s4? Please.
    Hi

Deleted
    The next time someone acts as if WoW was a skill intensive game back then in comparison to now should go play Dark Souls or something. That's a game that's ten time as challenging and actually requires you to play well. I bet that 95% of the people complaining about WoW being dumbed down would cry for their mommy if WoW was half as hard as the Souls franchise.

Oh, how I long for an MMO version of Dark Souls. Doesn't even need a huge load of time sinks like other MMOs, just a billion of deaths for every player. Yeah, I'd love to see that. And the tears of frustration shed by those who think they were all that because they were "the elite" back when WoW wasn't "dumbed down". Hell, I'd pay 12 bucks a month just for that.

Deleted
    I admire hc raiders, i would really really want to raid something else than lfr.
    I have what it takes for normals and maybe hcs, if you ask me why i cant raid? Good luck doing it in 2-4 fps -.-
    Shut the fuck up and calling lfr looking for handicapped retards

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Getting full epic was also impossible without going into a raid.
    This is incorrect for TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I think he was saying 4/8 T6 / 4/5 S4 + Glaive Rogue + Resto Druid 2v2, Resto Druid + Warr S3/s4, Resto Druid / Rogue S3/S4, Rogue/Mage S3/S4, Rogue/Priest S3/S4, Priest Mage S3/S4.

2k rating was hard in s3/s4? Please.
    No, I was specifically addressing the idea of "rewarding failure". One of the biggest controversies of TBC was exactly that.

I fail to see any content in MoP, especially PvE content, that rewards failure any more than TBC did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    This is incorrect for TBC.
    I was talking about classic.

The game got watered down strictly for money

10+ Year Old Account
    It is what you make it OP, if you want to do more challenging things in WoW the options are out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about classic.
    PvP rewards.

and
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Epics_for_cas...urning_Crusade
    Last edited by Dangg; 2013-06-25 at 10:23 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't? Things were streamlined for convenience, content for more player audiences were added, there's a bigger and more robust world, raiding is more complex than ever without being utterly impossible? I'm not sure there's much to say here...
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    PvP rewards.
    There weren't epic necks and only one epic trinket. Also no epic cloak for casters. Also there was only one ring for caster and one ring for melee if i recall correctly. Also getting the epic pvp set was hard as hell (except at the very end, but who cares anyway).
    Moreover some so called epics are crappy ilvl 65. Whereas pve guys were running in 80+, up to 90 ilvl of godlike mode. so anyway. My point still is valid. You couldnt get full epic without raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc4663f6f5a8; 2013-06-25 at 10:32 PM.

There weren't epic necks and only one epic trinket. Also no epic cloak for casters. Also there was only one ring for caster and one ring for melee if i recall correctly. Also getting the epic pvp set was hard as hell (except at the very end, but who cares anyway).
    Moreover some so called epics are crappy ilvl 65. Whereas pve guys were running in 80+, up to 90 ilvl of godlike mode. so anyway. My point still is valid. You couldnt get full epic without raiding.
    It's a color on some gear. The best gear is still reserved for the most dedicated raiders. What exactly is the problem?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

What a nice loaded question we have here. Let me turn it around: "Why has World of Warcraft gotten nothing but better over the past year?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It's a color on some gear. The best gear is still reserved for the most dedicated raiders. What exactly is the problem?
    Now, why is LFR gear not blue ? You think lfr heroes would be ok with that, even if the ilvl was the same as today ? Try to answer honestly.

(And I mean. Blue with basic skins, not the same as normal and heroic skins).

Quote Originally Posted by Greenboat24 View Post
    What a nice loaded question we have here. Let me turn it around: "Why has World of Warcraft gotten nothing but better over the past year?"
    Because after Cataclysm, there was nowhere to go but up. The bar was set mightily low for MoP.

Now, why is LFR gear not blue ? You think lfr heroes would be ok with that, even if the ilvl was the same as today ? Try to answer honestly.

Why does the skin really matter?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    Spell tooltips showing you when to use your spells, how to use them and in what kind of scenario.
    While I agree with much of your post, I don't see what the problem with this is. I for one liked being able to figure out, from tooltips, how class abilities intermingled.

But for the most part, the reason that it was dumbed down is part of why I left. Dungeons have no danger to them. AT ALL. Walk in, sneeze, boss is dead. I understand heroics are suppose to be easy, I get that. But these take almost zero effort to complete. There's no danger in questing, even quest bosses are easy to solo. No danger in anything but raiding and PvP. LFR is just a zerg rush.
    Putin khuliyo

Because any gear in MoP ilvl 476 or above is epic. Simple enough answer.