Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just becuase you pay for the game doesnt mean your entitled to all of it. Just becuase you pay for a sub doesnt mean you should automatically get to see the hardest difficulty boss with no effort. Everyone should have to work thier way to earn these things, not get them handed to them. Want to see a raid boss? go faceroll LFR. Normal nor heroic should ever get nerfed so people can experience the content. If they want to experience it they can go put in the time effort and work that the people that have allready cleared it have. So what if you have a family or a job. I did as well but managed to raid 6 nights a week for 4-5 hours each night. Just becuase you dont want to find to time to put in the effort doesnt mean a god damn thing should be gifted or handed to you. Plays nowadays feel they are entitled to everything in the game code cus they bought it. FYI WoW isnt the only game with this problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    I remember vanilla tanking perfectly. Spam heroic strike as fast as you can. Shield slam > Revenge> Sunder> Sunder> Keep shield block on CD so you dont get crushed. Change to battle stance to do thunder clap if no one else in the group is doing it. Make a stance dance macro to break fears. Congrats, you just mastered warrior in 2 minutes. All while doing a worthless amount of dps. (probably 50 dps.)

That is more fun? I did that for vanilla, tbc, and the first half of WotLK. Tanking on my monk now is infinitely more fun.
    What's the problem with doing 0 dps as a tank ? If you want big numbers, just play a dd class, quite simple. Also yeah, I do find vanilla tanking more exciting than cata or even worse mop tanking. At least at cata launches, keeping aggro at pull wasnt that easy with top end damage dealers bursting like mad. Hell MOP was so awful that I didnt even bother with it and just scrapped PVE completly as I will not play as dd or healer cause I think its terribly boring.

It's funny to see that people are so defensive about this. I am not saying the OP is completely right but you can't seriously say the game hasn't been "dumbed down" and then say it's just for convenience.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's funny to see that people are so defensive about this. I am not saying the OP is completely right but you can't seriously say the game hasn't been "dumbed down" and then say it's just for convenience.
    Yeah It's been dumbed down but to say It's god mode enabled omfg ez mode I want a challenge when the OP hasn't even linked his armory yet means hes full of shit that's what pisses people off.

I remember vanilla tanking perfectly. Spam heroic strike as fast as you can. Shield slam > Revenge> Sunder> Sunder> Keep shield block on CD so you dont get crushed. Change to battle stance to do thunder clap if no one else in the group is doing it. Make a stance dance macro to break fears. Congrats, you just mastered warrior in 2 minutes. All while doing a worthless amount of dps. (probably 50 dps.)

That is more fun? I did that for vanilla, tbc, and the first half of WotLK. Tanking on my monk now is infinitely more fun.
    Except you are now unable to make a mistake and I don't give a shit about how much damage I do. And active mitigation? Would be great if it actually meant something besides when you are raiding normal or heroic. That's the problem. It mattered if you were able or unable to generate enough threat but AM doesn't really matter. With a reasonable healer (who is not afking etc) you can do all heroics without using any mitigation.

Shieldwalling every few minutes instead of chosing a good time to use it. Lower CD only means it is more forgiving when you make a mistake. And I like to be able to make a mistake because then my good decisions have more meaning, me trying to play better has more meaning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You say "dumbed down" I say "accessible" and there's nothing wrong with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    And I say it's accesible to morons and that's make WoW a Fast Food in MMO World.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    In WotLK the word accessible meant the removal of attunements and ability to quickly catch up in gear. Players did not complain that only a minority killed LK and Blizzard has happy with the accessibility of the content. The majority just didnt care to raid. ToC was very PuG friendly and the majority still did not participate in it despite how easy it was and how quick most pugs could clear it being comparable to an LFR group of today.

10+ Year Old Account

Vanilla tanking was more fun for me because it was an actual challenge to aoe tank mobs and single target wasn't that easy as well, if you slacked a dps could pull threat from you easily. These days it takes no effort to tank.

I don't know why you care about DPS as a Tank either, it's all about TPS meter. Or at least was. I also used demo shout and cleave as tank and I didn't use a stance dance macro, that was for poor lazy players. You also didn't break fears with the stance dancing, you prevented them. If you got feared, you fucked up and had to wait till the fear ended.

I miss threat being an important part of a fight, I always liked the Princess fight in AQ40, where the entire raid had to watch their threat, as the second tank had to generate enough threat to take over tanking. Now it's just done with a simple taunt far too much. I remember having to use rage pots for it.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-06-25 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wredzik View Post
    And I say it's accesible to morons and that's make WoW a Fast Food in MMO World.
    And? Why does it bother you that someone not as good as you can play the game?
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2013-06-25 at 09:55 AM.

WoW have always been the 'dumbed down' MMO ever since it was released, it merely continued to be dumbed down each expansion because that was the best choice when it comes to being an actual business and making big bucks. And they tried making the game more challenging in Cataclysm and since that failed massively i'd say the safest bet is continue making a game where anyone regardless of skill level can get something done endgame even if only LFR.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2013-06-25 at 10:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    No rotation has ever been "difficult", please dont joke with that.
    If you want to play your class at a high level it is difficult and certainly insanely difficult compared to what was necessary in Vanilla.
    The combat log tools back then weren't even accurate to measure your DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    What's the problem with doing 0 dps as a tank ? If you want big numbers, just play a dd class, quite simple. Also yeah, I do find vanilla tanking more exciting than cata or even worse mop tanking. At least at cata launches, keeping aggro at pull wasnt that easy with top end damage dealers bursting like mad. Hell MOP was so awful that I didnt even bother with it and just scrapped PVE completly as I will not play as dd or healer cause I think its terribly boring.
    Mop tanking boring?!?!???

Tanking is the most interesting it's ever been, threat was never an interesting mechanic and hasn't been in anyway challenging since BC if then (I didn't play back then) but never had sny problems in WotLK or Cata.

The new active mitigation tank model is by far the best thing Blizz have ever done to tanking. Tanks now have real control over there own survival pre Mop we'd just pop cd's for the big dmg phases then have to rely on the healers the rest of the time.
    What buttons a tank mashes really matters now it's not just get aggro at the pull then roll face over keyboard after the first 30sec like in WotLK and Cata.

Mop tank dps is maybe a little high but it's yet another thing to think of as a tank, before tanks could do half there theoretical dps and it'd have next to no impact on if the boss died, if tanks slack that much now you'd best have some damn good dpsers in the raid to kill any of the harder bosses.

I feel like boss mechanics and class rotations have become much more complex.

No. WoW is not dumbed down.

Proof: http://www.wowprogress.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    Mop tanking boring?!?!???

Tanking is the most interesting it's ever been, threat was never an interesting mechanic and hasn't been in anyway challenging since BC if then (I didn't play back then) but never had sny problems in WotLK or Cata.
    You can't really say that if you never played then. I wouldn't call MoP tanking boring though.

You're correct, threat wasn't a problem at all in WotLK. Maybe if you tanked when threat mattered, you would of actually enjoyed that extra challenge.

You mistake acessibilty with difficulty.
    Wow is being made more accessible. Which is good for every game, because you limit the amount of new players otherwise.

You still need to be "smart" to tackle the hard stuff in the game. And there is a lot more hard stuff to do now, then there was in cata or licheking.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    I just don't see threat as an interesting mechanic, I've talked to enough good tanks that played in BC to know that if you where equally geared compared with the dps it wasn't a challenge most of the time especially with tricks and md's.

The times it was a real challenge sure you'd need to keep a tight rotation maybe put on your threat gear set but I don't see how that's any more interesting than maxing your dps in Mop.
    In fact I'd say a sight less interesting as it was just a pass/fail once you could stay a few % ahead of the dps what did it matter? Now you can always push for more dps and it's something that you'll notice.

Deleted
    It was made more accessible because Blizzard is a business and ten million subscribers is better than five million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I find it hilarious that whenever a topic like this pops up someone or multiple people will bring up <insert boss kill>.
    but he said raiding is easy, so that's right question to ask.