Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ahoo'ru Warlock PoV

So, i'm stucked on Ahoo'ru at rank 9 brawlers.

So far, the only vid i've seen of any lock doing it was some player named Ignocia with demo spec. He/She used (aparently) Service and fellhunter (...? Not clear, but I can confirm that fellhunter/observer is the only way of getting rid of full heal, if you do carrion swarm/fear/horror or anything else, he will cast again ASAP) with Breath of the Hydra and Woosholay.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDufTi_QMT4

i've seen coments of people who say they did it with 516ilvl , I'm starting to think they're seriously trolling or VERY lucky.
    (Yeah, luck on that fight is as real as sun in the sky, especially when he decides to summon adds all together, 1/1000000 chance, but it happens.)

My question: HAS ANYONE done this on normal gear (526ilvl max) with Afflic OR destro?

Question 2: Can anyone (I believe that ignocia uses this forum as well) confirm what setup did she/he used on this vid? (Fellhunter, really? oO)

This fight is incredibly buged and besides all that, i'm confident that I can go through with my armory, but only with raid buffs. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealness/simple

EDIT: Ignore empty sockets on boots, i bought them just now. Gonna go with 80int 160haste.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2013-06-05 at 05:03 PM.

sadly my char bugs at the fireele at 8.4 right now .. (no button and the h2-0 bot thinks .."i just watch the lil lock die" )
    but i saw some afflis doing him (lost his dog for the silence and nuked him down .. but as far as i know he had 530+ )

you need to kick his spell , felhunter is the only real option there. + carrion swarm.
    but as affli it's the best if you pull all 3 adds and dot them .. they schould go all low at the same time/same spot .. teleport -> walk trough the boss.
    - no clue if that works with "low" gear though :P

- mingus is my next problem^^ with that retarded high healthpool ^^

I did mingus with afflic just fine.

Keep moving and dotting everything and it's done, be sure to dot all 4 statues with all procs Up and don't waste any sec of kill jaeden. Gateway across the room and portal if you need to.

@Ahoo'ru

I think for those who has Unerring, he must be easy as demonology, tried with the fellhunter but he dies too easy

Deleted
    I played destro with GoSacced felhunter for interrupt. I am pretty overgearded tho but I did play pretty bad and only took out 1 add at a time. you can interrupt his heal with shadowfury, mortal coil and even fear (not 100% sure on fear). I just popped defensive cds in ph1 cuz I suck at dodging shit and just maked sure I only got 1 stack of ''anima ring'' every time. (I tried with placing my demonic circle and tping out but It didnt seem to work for me)

i'm having better results with gemo grimoire of sac and reforging into mastery..
    but i feel it isn't enough yet.

You need a Felhunter in p2 to interrupt his 100% heal. Stuns/knockbacks also work but he'll just recast it right after either effects end (least it did when I got it done).

I did it as Demonology with Supremacy and Observer - Mastery gemming at around 525 ilvl (was the same week patch went out, got realm first r10).

I attempted both Sacrifice and Service but the results weren't good enough - not enough uptime for UVLS to proc a lot with Sacrifice, not enough p2 damage with Service (was dying to enrage with the boss at 10%). Going Supremacy ensued that extra damage I needed to beat the enrage.

Try to save as many defensives cds as possible (he still hurts in P2), and have a stopwatch (or DBM if they already got in a mod for the later rank) and summon your Doomguard the moment the fight hits the 1-minute mark.

@ Mingus: 1-shot it as Destro, really really easy. Popped all CDs and exploded the first statue while stacking in the second. The amount of Soul Leech shield that I got up from that burst allowed me to go all the way to halfway done with the 3rd add before I had to pop cds/clear up debuff stacks.

A nifty trick for Mingus as Destro is learn the statue names and make a Havoc macro for the last statue you got to kill. I did it and by the time I got to the last statue, it was at 60% from the Shadowburns I havoc'd to it.

Did any of you two had extra buffs at the time? Or UVLS?
    I'm going without raid buffs, and i don't think it's doable..

Had full raid buffs, no UVLS. Since I realized that the proc wasn't worth that much on the minute or so I had to burst down the boss, I went with Wushoolay + Cha-Ye's (didn't have BotH back then).

Having Symbiosis is a nice helper too.

I did it with 527 ilvl as aff with go:sup observer without any raid buffs and just flask/food. During P1, spawn first add, soulburn soul swap, move onto spawning second, dot, spawn 3rd. When all 3 of them are up, take them down and you should go into p2 with around a minute left.

Make sure you have sacrificial pact talent and glyphed healthstone for p2 because he hits pretty hard. You can also glyph to reduce cooldown on lock port and just use that every time he places circle of orbs around you. Shadowfury and observer interrupt for when he heals. To beat enrage, make sure you use doomguard and DO NOT use cooldowns right away going into p2. Save dark soul and potion for when you have a strong trinket proc.

Did it as destro on the second day of release at around a 519 iLvL. I had flask, feast, and Kings, along with warlock self buffs, couldn't get full raid buffs cause it was at like 5 in the morning and I was one of 3 people there.
    The biggest advice I could give you as destro is to not be concerned with direct damage until you get all 3 spawned. Just focus on spawning the 3 angels ASAP while doing some damage while moving. Havoc the 3rd that spawns and keep RoF up. Dps the second as the 1st should be close to 50% from initial damage/cleave. The 2nd and third should get low at about the same time.
    Dont be afraid to sac pact and run through some harmful light to speed up the angel gathering process.
    Pop the bubble and go ham.

The easiest way to do it would be to go with a full mastery demo build, gather angels, AoE them down via felstorm and hellfire. Then Imps/Serv/DG/DS/Potion. It's the closest you'll come to cheesing the fight.

But don't get down, it's certainly possible with no buffs, provided you're flasked and fed.

I managed to kill him just shy of the enrage explosion last night as Destro with a 528 ilvl (mostly upgraded normal gear), self-buffed, flasked, and with 300 int food.

I went with Grimoire of Supremacy, since I figured that a. having a pet up in the second phase meant I could interrupt his heal without spending a GCD doing it with GoSac, and b. I figured that a 20% stronger pet and guardian was better in a one minute timeframe than a second pet for 20 seconds. For my defensive talent, I went with Sacrificial Pact, because if shit hit the fan in phase 1 I'd hopefully have it available again during phase 2. I also went with Mortal Coil for the heal, Soul Leech because it's passive, and KjC for mobile damage and to negate the knock back in phase 2.

On the opener, damage doesn't matter since he heals to full after you pop his bubble anyway, but it is a good opportunity to drop a CoE on him and maybe build some embers or fury. Ideally, you want to get through phase 1 with a minute or more on the clock, more than half your health, as many secondary resources and defensive cooldowns as possible, and all your DPS cooldowns. This requires a little luck in add placement, and some skill in avoiding damage and downing the adds quickly without using DPS cooldowns. As destro, this is a good place to use Havoc + CB, since you can nuke down one add quickly and have the next one part of the way there. Avoiding orbs mostly comes down to practice, though defensive abilities can soften their impact on the fight. If you can, get a druid to use Symbiosis on you, that alone can negate most of the damage in this phase. It's also worth remembering that Twilight Ward absorbs both shadow and holy damage.

Assuming you had a clean phase 1, you've now got about a minute to do 10 million damage in phase 2, while surviving some decently hard damage. First things first, pop your Doom/Terrorguard right off the bat. Assuming you've got a decent amount of secondary resources, now might also be a good time to pop DS and your brawler potion. your top priority is interrupting his Complete Heal. If he gets that off, you've lost. Next, you need to survive his Divine Circle. It's fairly easy to shrug off one orb, two orbs will need a defensive cooldown, three orbs is survivable if you blow all your defensives, and any more than that is not survivable. You will still hit orbs if you use a Demonic Circle to port out, so you're likely better off running with KjC and not wasting the GCD on the port. Aside from that, it's just a matter of blasting the hell out of Ahoo'ru and beating the timer.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    So, i'm stucked on Ahoo'ru at rank 9 brawlers.

So far, the only vid i've seen of any lock doing it was some player named Ignocia with demo spec. He/She used (aparently) Service and fellhunter (...? Not clear, but I can confirm that fellhunter/observer is the only way of getting rid of full heal, if you do carrion swarm/fear/horror or anything else, he will cast again ASAP) with Breath of the Hydra and Woosholay.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDufTi_QMT4

i've seen coments of people who say they did it with 516ilvl , I'm starting to think they're seriously trolling or VERY lucky.
    (Yeah, luck on that fight is as real as sun in the sky, especially when he decides to summon adds all together, 1/1000000 chance, but it happens.)

My question: HAS ANYONE done this on normal gear (526ilvl max) with Afflic OR destro?

Question 2: Can anyone (I believe that ignocia uses this forum as well) confirm what setup did she/he used on this vid? (Fellhunter, really? oO)

This fight is incredibly buged and besides all that, i'm confident that I can go through with my armory, but only with raid buffs. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealness/simple

EDIT: Ignore empty sockets on boots, i bought them just now. Gonna go with 80int 160haste.
    At 528 ilvl ( I think) I had a heartbreaking 5% wipe, with decent rng in terms of trinkets as Aff.

I specced demo, and one shot it as I got to p2. Note that I am the worst demo lock alive.

Demo with Wild Imps and Service, is bursty regardless of trinket procs. I would propose you went demo, and no matter what spec use service.

Service will be best in the 1 min time window you have to kill the boss, as Service is (about) equal to Sup, and GoServ have a 2 min cd, making it 2x as powerful as Sup (for this Occasion).

However, as Aff:

Pull all 3 at the same time if you can manage. Myself Had 2 up @a time.

Put portal up pre combat, pre pot + CoE him (As said above), get into p2.

In p2, you pop SB-SS -> Doomguard, when trinket procs you pop all cds (Not azap, wait for the trinket proc). Portal/KJC kite the Divine ability, and interupt the heal.

Finally did it.

151k dps as demo, just like Gihelle said, observer is the way to go.
    Altough i don't really know what happened, i ended up having a lot of extra time due to procs/cds and an easy add phase (got all 3 together and burned them down easily), almost 20 secs before enrage.

Thanks everyone, almost done with brawlers now xD

Hi, I did Ahoo'ru as a 526 geared destro warlock. Specced into soul link and used it with an observer. Basically sometimes you'll get lucky and he'll heal any damage you do at the start and sometimes you won't, on my kill I got him to 94% before phase 1 started. I personally did the angels 1 by 1 without havoc with a couple of chaos bolts but tried to go into phase 2 with full embers. Try to aim to finish phase 1 with about 1 minute ish, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Sometimes you'll get lucky on your rppm trinkets and it'll be a breeze and sometimes you won't, I managed to get 3 almost back to back wush procs and didn't even need doomguardl. Just keep trying, I got him to <500k about 5 times befoire my kill. Also, sometimes he would aggro on to my observer for the entire last phase not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Finally did it.

151k dps as demo, just like Gihelle said, observer is the way to go.
    Altough i don't really know what happened, i ended up having a lot of extra time due to procs/cds and an easy add phase (got all 3 together and burned them down easily), almost 20 secs before enrage.

Thanks everyone, almost done with brawlers now xD
    Congrats.

After you learn the mechanics enough so you can do them without losing too much health, it's a fair share of luck with add spawning.

Deleted
    That boss as destruction is a joke if you want it to be easy. Pull all three mobs, cleave two down at the same time with Havoc and have them charge at the same time. Kill off the last one and viola, at least 1:30 on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackslol View Post
    That boss as destruction is a joke if you want it to be easy. Pull all three mobs, cleave two down at the same time with Havoc and have them charge at the same time. Kill off the last one and viola, at least 1:30 on the boss.
    I highly recomend demo for this fight, but if someone plays one better than another, i believe it may be doable with all 3, afflic being the worst of the 3 (because of lack of burst without procs).

Since I have struggled quite a bit on this fight (something like 25~30 wipes I guess) i'll share info from when I did, based on all tips above, as demo:

Observer (supremacy)
    Imp Swarm
    Sac Pact with Health Funnel (glyph) macro'd and Twillights ward, use both when phase 1 starts
    If you don't get lucky, don't waste guardian, 10min CD sucks on that fight, and you'll probably need it for the kill
    I recomend getting all adds together or at least 2 of them, Shadoweaving is a MUST.
    DON'T damage ahoo'ru before phase 1. From my experience, it's useless, and you waste procs.
    Manoroth's is quite good for phase 1, but phase 2 will really delay you if you can't cast moving (mostly because of knockbacks),so, go with KJC.

Deleted
    Done today with 516 Ilvl with 4 left before I died to fire.
    Destro:
    Soul Leech, Soul Link, Sac, KJC.
    Flask+Mastery, Kings, SP and Stamina. No food.

Pull all angels ASAP, Havoc one and use it for a Chaos Bolt. Keep RoF down for ember generation. I killed the angels INCREDIBLY fast and had 90 seconds on the boss. Pop CD's and nuke him down.
    Really easy I would say, and with a 526 ilvl it would be just as hard as Bruce!

Tried with Demo and failed big time. Only got him to 70% before enrage.
    I don't play affliction so I have no clue about that one.
    But 516 Destro can easily do it.
    Last edited by mmoc44b031ba47; 2013-06-24 at 02:35 PM.

I did it as affliction, 525+ ilvl, with sac to avoid boss going for my pet and killing him in p2. I tried destro and demo, but for the life of me I couldn't get the RPPM trinkets to proc in p2 when I needed them the most. I wasn't even near making the enrage. I found that with affliction the RPPM trinket uptime was far greater and the RNG factor was no longer an issue. I recommend switching to affliction if you have trouble with trinkets firing in p2. This way you don't need lucky spawns in p1 either.
    Last edited by Milmo; 2013-06-24 at 03:00 PM.

531 Demo

Although, someone started in with Akama during my P1 so I GUESS it doesn't count.