Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Pretty sure that this is out of date now. The reference at the bottom of the page no longer exists, and it's information isn't on the new community site. Pretty sure this passage is what you are referencing:
    It is older yes,but still Valid.

https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/346657605311148032

It is not as bad as it used to be, but it will take time, until they get really along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    The Blood Elves are the ones that turned its back on the Alliance, not the other way around.
    Watch this...

And then THIS:

And then DARE to vomit that crap again....

I don't think Alleria is going to side with the Horde, but not because of anything the Blood Elves did. I believe the real reason why she'd join the Alliance (or be neutral (ugh)) is a whole lot greener than that.

Sometimes neutral is what actually does the best service to the writing and the characters. Cooperation with the Orcs against the more recently hostile Alliance just doesn't pass the smell test as a reason why she'd throw away her people completely, IMO. About the only believable course for her would be abandoning any interest in the Horde and Alliance for the same of pushing Thalassian independence (and unification).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Cooperation with the Orcs against the more recently hostile Alliance just doesn't pass the smell test as a reason why she'd throw away her people completely, IMO.

The Orcs BUTCHERED the Windrunner clan. They slaughtered pretty much ALL of her family. There is NO WAY she would even stay allied with the other BE or Sylvannas and she would see their alliance with the Orcs as a massive betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    On Draenor, Alleria realized that there was more to the Alliance Expedition's struggle than her quest for vengeance. The final event that caused her to let go her hate and mourn for her loved ones was when Turaylon ordered her to stay back.
    I think by "let go of her hatred" it's more of a letting go of the burning hatred that was clouding every decision and action for her. It was in no way a "forgiving them for slaughtering her family because they're all just misunderstood and were high on demonblood at the time so aparently aren't responsible for any of their actions at the time" kind of letting go.

Allerias hatred for the Orcs runs greater than ANYone elses. It would be a huge dis-service to her character if she comes back as a neutral character.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Blood Elves are the ones that turned its back on the Alliance, not the other way around.
    Apparently you never played Warcraft 3. This isn't even remotely true.

As for TC, the blood elves *would* want Alleria back, but they won't get her back. She would follow the same path all the high elves have gone. I can't imagine why people would think otherwise. What I want to know, is how she would react to Sylvanas. I'm disappointed they haven't covered that at all with Valeera (sp?) either. It's like she just doesn't care anymore, and never mattered enough for anyone to question it. Meh, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The Orcs BUTCHERED the Windrunner clan. They slaughtered pretty much ALL of her family. There is NO WAY she would even stay allied with the other BE or Sylvannas and she would see their alliance with the Orcs as a massive betrayal.
    Then she's less interesting a character than has been rumored. Sorry. If she steps back onto Azeroth with exactly the same perspective and motives with which she stepped off it, despite having, what, a good couple decades of chilling out in the Twisting Nether and battling who knows what ancient evils, then she's a pretty hollow character. Plus "pretty much all" is a big phrase when I can wowwiki what seems like a small army of Windrunners.

The Orcs slaughtered her people. And since then, a corrupted human raised an undead army that did exponentially more damage to her than any Horde attack or Amani raid every did; another human tried to send her Prince's surviving forces into an abattoir to satisfy his own racism; the humans allied with the Night Elves, no friends of Quel'thalas; those same Night Elves sent an expeditionary force into Quel'thalas, and dwarves sabotaged their rebuilding efforts. Loyalty is not immune to such things as "what have you done for me lately". She can hate the Orcs all she wants, but she'll only have reasons to dislike the Alliance as well. Being really unhappy with everybody is a passing good definition of neutrality.

I think by "let go of her hatred" it's more of a letting go of the burning hatred that was clouding every decision and action for her. It was in no way a "forgiving them for slaughtering her family because they're all just misunderstood and were high on demonblood at the time so aparently aren't responsible for any of their actions at the time" kind of letting go.
    If she's gained no perspective on the corrupting power of the Burning Legion in a generation or so fighting their forces and/or finding their leavings, that's pretty shallow writing as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the very least, there's a very strong chance she'll have glowing green eyes if she's been in proximity to the BL in some hell dimension for two decades.

Which is ironic given her green eyes were the sharpest and most repeated part of her description.

I'm confused here, and very lost, where does any connection between the Blood Elves and Alleria come from?
    Twas brillig

The whole WC3 Blood Elf story was about them being betrayed. What is this now? New ignorant theory?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The whole WC3 Blood Elf story was about them being betrayed. What is this now? New ignorant theory?
    They wouldn't even be blood elves in the first place if that dickhead Garrithos didn't treat them like shit / was about to execute them.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I was referring the the High/Blood Elves abandoning the Alliance after the second war. They came crawling back when they got their asses handed to them by the Scourge, but Garithos didnt care for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be good if she and Turalyon were neutral for the next expansion so both Horde and Alliance can meet them and still it would be nice if the Sons of Lothar could reunite again, but I know it won't happen.
    Really want Uncle Danath Trollbane to return and reclaim Stormgarde and reclaim the section of the Arathi Highlands and leave the Horde with Hammerfall and a new place to, and I wouldn't mind at all for what they are gonna do for the next expansion either.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    They wouldn't even be blood elves in the first place if that dickhead Garrithos didn't treat them like shit / was about to execute them.
    No, they'd be blood elves because that's the name they took to memorialize what Arthas did to them. It would be more accurate to say they'd *all* be blood elves. As for whether they'd have still eventually joined the Horde or not, I really think that mostly comes down to the events we play through right there in Eversong and Ghostlands, when there was Horde presence there to help and Alliance presence there to hurt. Not that hard of a choice for most people.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Because she's their greatest living hero?
    so was garrosh(2nd) for the horde. we see how that turned out...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    so was garrosh(2nd) for the horde. we see how that turned out...
    Well I don't think Alleria is bat shit Insane like Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Well I don't think Alleria is bat shit Insane like Garrosh.
    Is true, she's not insane like Garrosh, but is true that she hates the Orcs... (a lot)..., and she may consider the BE traitors just like her sister...

If Alliance fanboys think Alleria is gonna come back and simply be OK with what happened to the Blood Elves and simply go and hold hands with Varian then you are deluding yourselves (Or Blizzard writers have really gone to shit). Most of all she loved her people, she loved Quel'thalas, which like it or not it's the Blood Elves and their home. She's not gonna simply side with the snobbish scattered High Elves just because they were to high and mighty (or as we normal people call them "foolish and arrogant").

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Is true, she's not insane like Garrosh, but is true that she hates the Orcs... (a lot)..., and she may consider the BE traitors just like her sister...
    I think family would probably be an exception.

Reasons she wouldnt want to join the blood elves

-her husband if returned would likely be given one of the highest ranks in the alliance military and is a revered hero of the alliance
    -she herself is a revered hero of the alliance, her statue still stands in front of stormwind
    -her son is a member of the alliance
    -all of her living family members are in the alliance, her sister, her nieces and nephews ect (sylvanas is not alive)
    - all of her remaining comrades stayed in the alliance after the portal was opened
    - as far as we know the portion of the ghostlands where she lived is still destroyed so no actual home to go back to anyways
    - pretty much everyone she knew is probably dead
    - main reason she went to outland was to go slaughter orcs
    - NUMBER ONE REASON: her nickname is orc slayer

reasons she would
    -shes an elf

so, if alleria joined the blood elves it would be a huge fuck up
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552