Questing & Inquisition.

Do you use Inquisition while questing / farming / etc. ?
    While we're at it - what about PvP? Must use, or you rather just TV instead? In BG? In Arena?
    I'm guessing it's not worth using while questing, except on elite mobs having 5-10 times your own HP, true?
    Leveling alts, and I'm kinda confused a little. Weird spell really!

15+ Year Old Account
    Use it all the time. First, it's a good habit because it helps you get the timing in your head of how long it lasts. Second, it increases you holy damage by 30% which impacts like 4 of our damage sources. Third, a flat 10% crit is also nice.

i use it here and there, pending situations but find it cumbersome unless in dungeons/raiding
    Real Paladins Do It with Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Use it all the time. First, it's a good habit because it helps you get the timing in your head of how long it lasts. Second, it increases you holy damage by 30% which impacts like 4 of our damage sources. Third, a flat 10% crit is also nice.
    timing isn't the problem with all the addons, problem is if quest requires you to kill some mobs, and those mobs are a bit further away from each other, and you end up having to refresh Inq every mob or two.

For questing it really depends on the mobs your facing and your gear level.

If you're fighting something that's gonna die next TV, just hit TV, if you're fighting something that's gonna go on for a while, well best get Inquisition up. As your gear improves you'll discover that hey, you don't need inquisition as often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always use it.
    tip: you dont always have to use it at 3Hopo

With double the duration and a glyph for extra duration you really wont have any excuse to not have it up be it in PvP,PvE or questing.

I C, thanks peeps.
    I wish Blizzard just implemented this lame burst-killer mechanic somewhere in our rotation automatically (like shamans with their 5 stacks, or warriors with whatever they have) and gave us something else to do, to compensate one button loss.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I always use it.
    tip: you dont always have to use it at 3Hopo

With double the duration and a glyph for extra duration you really wont have any excuse to not have it up be it in PvP,PvE or questing.
    With double duration... um it's 30 sec, we get it to 60 sec later? (3 hopo) And glyph... well it's kinda dps loss, at least it used to be I remember, is it not anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    With double duration... um it's 30 sec, we get it to 60 sec later? (3 hopo) And glyph... well it's kinda dps loss, at least it used to be I remember, is it not anymore?
    On PTR, Inquisition lasts twice as long. Instead of 10s per Holy Power, it's 20s per Holy Power. The glyph has changed from its Live effect (double duration, 15% less damage buff) to a new effect ("The glyph now increases the duration of Inquisition by 30 seconds (up to a maximum of 2 minutes) each time the Paladin lands a killing blow on targets that yield experience or honor.").

See this news post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    On PTR, Inquisition lasts twice as long. Instead of 10s per Holy Power, it's 20s per Holy Power. The glyph has changed from its Live effect (double duration, 15% less damage buff) to a new effect ("The glyph now increases the duration of Inquisition by 30 seconds (up to a maximum of 2 minutes) each time the Paladin lands a killing blow on targets that yield experience or honor.").

See this news post.
    This sounds way too smart to go live on 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    This sounds way too smart to go live on 5.4.
    Perhaps you under-estimate the number of players who don't have it up 100% in pve dungeon/raid content?

15+ Year Old Account
    Forget about the current glyph.

I would use it during questing, even if it's at at >3 HP.

As people have said though, next patch with double duration there is no reason to not have it up while questing. That glyph seems like it can be worthwhile too while leveling and such.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Well said Gracin, I'm the same way. The only time I don't use it is on mobs that have 500k HP or less, since they die in seconds. I kind of wish we had that momentum thing Rogues have - it would make for awesome questing/farming/whatever to not have to refresh it as long as you're killing something.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Forget about the current glyph.

I would use it during questing, even if it's at at >3 HP.

As people have said though, next patch with double duration there is no reason to not have it up while questing. That glyph seems like it can be worthwhile too while leveling and such.
    Holy smokes no kidding? I had no idea! That's really great news IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    Well said Gracin, I'm the same way. The only time I don't use it is on mobs that have 500k HP or less, since they die in seconds. I kind of wish we had that momentum thing Rogues have - it would make for awesome questing/farming/whatever to not have to refresh it as long as you're killing something.[COLOR="red"]
    They should have added the momentum style refresh via the glyph from the start. It wouldn't have been a dps increase for single target pve, but damn sure would have helped smooth out aoe by refreshing every-so-often after an add went down. Top that off with it would have made leveling/questing with Inquisition so much smoother...

10+ Year Old Account
    They're altering the Glyph of Inquisition as follows:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyph of Inquisition has been redesigned. The glyph now increases the duration of Inquisition by 30 seconds (up to a maximum of 2 minutes) each time the Paladin lands a killing blow on targets that yield experience or honor.
    (Source: It's a big post, scroll to the bottom of it for the official patch notes.)
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    ("The glyph now increases the duration of Inquisition by 30 seconds (up to a maximum of 2 minutes) each time the Paladin lands a killing blow on targets that yield experience or honor.").
    I didn't realize the glyph would cap out at 2 minutes. That's amazing. In raids, scenarios and dungeons we may only have to refresh inquisition a few times.

I'm loving all the changes they've made to it. I've never had a problem with 30 second inquisition, but I found it annoying having to micro-manage the refresh as to not do so TOO early but to not let it fall off either. Having to refresh it during Avenging wrath also feels like accidentally sitting on your balls. This pretty much eliminates the problem completely.

As for the original topic, I try and maintain nearly 100% up time no matter what. There's nothing wrong with using it at 2 holy power while questing/doing PVP. If I have a mob on the verge of death I tend to just kill it without TV so I can pull Holy Power for the next kill. No point using TV on a mob that's at like 10-15%.

In PVP, you MUST have this up as much as possible. The only excuses you could have for not refreshing inquisition is; 1) Your target has a SLIVER of life left. Literally one or two GCDs from death, and you're confident you can land a kill or 2) You're holy shit dying right now and MUST WoG to not die, like running for dear life dying. PVP isn't like PVE, much much more of our damage comes from judgment and censure in PVP, so keeping it up is absolutely crucial 98% of the time.