10+ Year Old Account

problems with TwitchTV and stuff :(

as the title say!

im having trouble watching streams on twitch.tv, the videos keep stuttering, audio keeps playing fine but the video freezes every couple 30seconds or so for a few seconds. getting really annoying, i've tried turning down quality, but it doesn't seem to have any effect unless i go to like 240p. but my internet should be able to handle 1080p anyway, it can on youtube and stuff. problem only seems to be with twitch.

anyone have ideas on what it could be, how to fix it?
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    It's happening for me as well -.-
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    It's happening for me as well -.-
    i ask other people in the chat if it happens to them and everyone else says no :\

getting really annoying, some times it won't do it for 10mins, other times it happens every 10seconds. most of the time the audio is fine, but sometimes that stops aswell :\
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    What is your actual connection speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    What is your actual connection speed?

like that you mean?
    edit: im also using Google Chrome if that helps.

1080p youtube videos seem to be fine, only having the problem with twitch so far. im sure my connection speed should be able to handle it.
    Last edited by serenka; 2013-06-24 at 05:25 PM.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problems instantly loading 1080p on youtube as well...
    Twitch.tv freezes every 5-10 secs for me.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been spotty for about a week. Down a bit too. Got a Justin.tv server message even. Probably will fix it before too long.

Oh and they sent a reset your password message. So maybe they got hacked.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

They had an issue this weekend but yeah I have also had issue with Twitch for a week now. Never had any issue before with Twitch like this long. Something is going on.
    I dunno if this just an EU issue or if people in the US have the same issue. They are working on getting some new servers up in Europe thats about to pop up at anytime now so might be something that is effecting it.

Deleted
    They had an issue with their servers, you can read up all the technical info on their official blog.
    if you want the TL;DR version;
    Something went wrong and stream keys and hashed passwords were maybe compromised for a short while. (You could chat as another user and see their stream key).
    However, no other information was available as that is stored on other servers.
    Twitch does enforce a new password just to be sure, as these hashed passwords could, with insane ammounts of time and effort, be read and used.
    New stream keys were also deployed to prevent anyone streaming to a channel he or she does not own.

I believe their chat is up and running again, it was down for quite a while and quite hard to restore as it's probably one of the biggest IRCs considering the ammounts of channels they host.

They're probably giving it their best effort to restore everything back to it's old state, but it might take some more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ok, thanks for replies at least i know its probably not a problem on my end then :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Have you tried http://mitchribar.com/2013/02/how-to...windows-guide/ ? it works for Twitch as well as youtube, I was unable to stream at anything higher than 360p on a good day and 240p usual, now i'm fine at 1080p and youtube loads alot faster as well.

Twitch has always been very DERP for European viewers, constant lag that is within European network.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ech0544 View Post
    Have you tried http://mitchribar.com/2013/02/how-to...windows-guide/ ? it works for Twitch as well as youtube, I was unable to stream at anything higher than 360p on a good day and 240p usual, now i'm fine at 1080p and youtube loads alot faster as well.
    anyone confirm if this works? or what it does? im not great at this stuff, so don't want to go messing with firewall things.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    It just blocks an IP range, forcing you to use other servers which in some cases help. If you see no results or it for some reason blocks something you didn't want it to just use the setting as explained to revert back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    It just blocks an IP range, forcing you to use other servers which in some cases help. If you see no results or it for some reason blocks something you didn't want it to just use the setting as explained to revert back.

Cool, will give that a try tomorrow.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ech0544 View Post

this seems to have fixed it, but broke the chat :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Chat works fine for me but I have seen issues with chat quite a few times even before I tried this. You can try and revert the changes and see if that fixes it.