Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Brewmaster ridish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheule View Post
    So because you are too stupid to remember your password even after they made it clear that you need it later and you blame Anet? Please, do not buy the game and please give up since GW2 does not need people like you joining the community...
    Thats another one for you, Rhandric.
    I do however think that it's quite obvious that this thread got a few fanbois and I think that, if you find the need to, we can continue this discussion in PM sine it really doesn't have anything to do with OP's issue

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 08:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Occasus View Post
    If you have that much issue scanning through your emails you might want to organize them better. For me it's as simple as a quick search in my gmail for "Guild Wars CD Key" and it stands out because I tagged it with a "Important Gaming" tag. Took less time to find it then it probably took you to write your response.
    I don't have a problem since I saved it on my computer and wrote it down in my phone + on a piece of paper. However I can see why this problem would arise.

    Also regarding the bold part. Why do you find the need to write that? It holds no relevans to this discussion whatsoever and could be found mildly insulting.
    Last edited by ridish; 2013-06-25 at 08:34 PM.

  2. #22
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Soo many fan boys in this thread running to anets protection. They don't need you to do that for them, they pay their own people to do that...

    OT: You can probably verify that you'r the rightful owner by sending them a scan of your ID. I was smart enough to write my serial code down on a piece of paper but I can really understand that people would lose their emails. I mean I have about 1000 unread messages in my inbox, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Why don't they just have secret question like every other game?
    Your e-mail provider doesn't have a built in search?
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  3. #23
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Your e-mail provider doesn't have a built in search?
    Most do but it may not even matter. For those of you who only know the Gmails and Hotmails of the world, I'd like to introduce you to an oldie we call POP. If you happen to use a program like Outlook and POP your mailbox and at some point your computer crashed, you have lost the email.

    Thats not to say you shouldn't have written down your key or found another way to back up the info, but those who think that email is as good as a safety deposit box are not considering every scenario.

  4. #24
    Yeah, but unless you have (very) limited email space, there's no reason to use POP w/ deleting emails over IMAP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  5. #25
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yeah, but unless you have (very) limited email space, there's no reason to use POP w/ deleting emails over IMAP.
    Correct. But if the email was setup by a "friend" who "thinks" they know what they are doing, the user could be unaware. I see this all the time to be honest.

  6. #26
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Most do but it may not even matter. For those of you who only know the Gmails and Hotmails of the world, I'd like to introduce you to an oldie we call POP. If you happen to use a program like Outlook and POP your mailbox and at some point your computer crashed, you have lost the email.

    Thats not to say you shouldn't have written down your key or found another way to back up the info, but those who think that email is as good as a safety deposit box are not considering every scenario.
    Backup regularly on an external HDD if it's that important to you. A month or 2 ago I helped my parents friend do a complete reboot of his computer, he had a bunch of adware and wanted it all just gone so we did a clean re-install. His entire career was practically in his outlook E-mails, I backed them up for him ready to restore. After I restored them and everything, he deleted the backup and somehow when he was messing around in outlook lost all his E-mails, I popped up with a copy I'd made on my external Hard Drive and everything turned out fine.

    Moral of the story. It never hurts to backup data, even more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,419
    ArenaNet basically ruined GW2 for me with the requirement of that stupid serial key. I used to play GW2 and wanted to get back into it, had the same problem, made a thread on MMO-C aswell but they couldn't help me.

    Contacted customer support and they basically gave me an automated bullshit response telling me to use my serial key etc etc (which I specified in the mail I did not have).

    Really disappointed because I REALLY cba to purchase GW2 for a second time. The game isn't that great to me.

  8. #28
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Backup regularly on an external HDD if it's that important to you. A month or 2 ago I helped my parents friend do a complete reboot of his computer, he had a bunch of adware and wanted it all just gone so we did a clean re-install. His entire career was practically in his outlook E-mails, I backed them up for him ready to restore. After I restored them and everything, he deleted the backup and somehow when he was messing around in outlook lost all his E-mails, I popped up with a copy I'd made on my external Hard Drive and everything turned out fine.

    Moral of the story. It never hurts to backup data, even more than once.
    But the thing is YOU backed up his .pst file, your parents friend didn't do shit. You can tell people all day long what they should have done, but you should never expect it when talking about matters concerning their computer care, people still think its magic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •